The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to get more leads in a construction industry?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
So I'm trying to find more cable buyers in the Austin area, I was wondering if there was a company or software that could help me out in finding buyers?

Or is cold-calling the best way?

FB298639-2F09-42B5-867B-EFEAB73CD22D.jpeg

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GoodShakers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
I would run PPC to a landing page and see how that works. Do you carry a lot of different material and sizes or one specific material/size?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Inbound:
SO if you wanted to buy cable, where would you look and what methods / tools would you use.
Now be in all of those spots......

Outbound:
Figure out who your target customer is ..... find them by name / place. Bombard them with direct / calls / emails / show up in person .....

OR hire a few companies that will do both of these for you and keep the best one.....

OP
OP
TonyStark

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I would run PPC to a landing page and see how that works. Do you carry a lot of different material and sizes or one specific material/size?
Yes, we carry a lot of different materials related to cable, post-tensioning, rebar, etc.

What kind of cable is that and what is it used for?
It's post-tension cable used in concrete slabs (residential, commercial, etc).

1_PT.jpg

Inbound:
SO if you wanted to buy cable, where would you look and what methods / tools would you use.
Now be in all of those spots......

Outbound:
Figure out who your target customer is ..... find them by name / place. Bombard them with direct / calls / emails / show up in person .....

OR hire a few companies that will do both of these for you and keep the best one.....
Yes, essentially that's what I'm doing. I got this email today from a company that does that, so I'm gonna check them out.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 1.42.17 PM.png

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have a client that sells, services, installs, and repairs hydraulic components.

We tried a lot of different paid search strategies with AdWords.

Most didn’t work out. The one that did for this particular client was bidding on part-numbers of components.

If you were the engineer, project manager, or buyer then how would you find specific components?

Would they search by part-number or something else equally specific that indicates they know exactly what they’re looking for?

Start by testing that. If there’s no search volumes then you’ll have no ad spend. If there are searches then maybe it’s game on.

natopotato

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Aug 23, 2012
MI
So I'm trying to find more cable buyers in the Austin area, I was wondering if there was a company or software that could help me out in finding buyers?

Or is cold-calling the best way?

View attachment 18322
This idea may or may not work for your products:

If you are focusing on the Austin area, reach out to Matt Risinger, a relatively high profile contractor in the area, who works with some awesome concrete contractors. If you had an innovative use for your cable products, you could probably talk him into him featuring you in one of his product videos.

OP
OP
TonyStark

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
This idea may or may not work for your products:

If you are focusing on the Austin area, reach out to Matt Risinger, a relatively high profile contractor in the area, who works with some awesome concrete contractors. If you had an innovative use for your cable products, you could probably talk him into him featuring you in one of his product videos.
Interesting... I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom