The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get more leads in a construction industry?

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
So I'm trying to find more cable buyers in the Austin area, I was wondering if there was a company or software that could help me out in finding buyers?

Or is cold-calling the best way?

FB298639-2F09-42B5-867B-EFEAB73CD22D.jpeg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Inbound:
SO if you wanted to buy cable, where would you look and what methods / tools would you use.
Now be in all of those spots......

Outbound:
Figure out who your target customer is ..... find them by name / place. Bombard them with direct / calls / emails / show up in person .....

OR hire a few companies that will do both of these for you and keep the best one.....

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I would run PPC to a landing page and see how that works. Do you carry a lot of different material and sizes or one specific material/size?

Yes, we carry a lot of different materials related to cable, post-tensioning, rebar, etc.

What kind of cable is that and what is it used for?
It's post-tension cable used in concrete slabs (residential, commercial, etc).

1_PT.jpg

Inbound:
SO if you wanted to buy cable, where would you look and what methods / tools would you use.
Now be in all of those spots......

Outbound:
Figure out who your target customer is ..... find them by name / place. Bombard them with direct / calls / emails / show up in person .....

OR hire a few companies that will do both of these for you and keep the best one.....

Yes, essentially that's what I'm doing. I got this email today from a company that does that, so I'm gonna check them out.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 1.42.17 PM.png

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have a client that sells, services, installs, and repairs hydraulic components.

We tried a lot of different paid search strategies with AdWords.

Most didn’t work out. The one that did for this particular client was bidding on part-numbers of components.

If you were the engineer, project manager, or buyer then how would you find specific components?

Would they search by part-number or something else equally specific that indicates they know exactly what they’re looking for?

Start by testing that. If there’s no search volumes then you’ll have no ad spend. If there are searches then maybe it’s game on.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Not sure if you tried looking on TheBlueBook.com, I got a lot of leads from there.

natopotato

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Aug 23, 2012
MI
So I'm trying to find more cable buyers in the Austin area, I was wondering if there was a company or software that could help me out in finding buyers?

Or is cold-calling the best way?

View attachment 18322

This idea may or may not work for your products:

If you are focusing on the Austin area, reach out to Matt Risinger, a relatively high profile contractor in the area, who works with some awesome concrete contractors. If you had an innovative use for your cable products, you could probably talk him into him featuring you in one of his product videos.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
This idea may or may not work for your products:

If you are focusing on the Austin area, reach out to Matt Risinger, a relatively high profile contractor in the area, who works with some awesome concrete contractors. If you had an innovative use for your cable products, you could probably talk him into him featuring you in one of his product videos.
Interesting... I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.