The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to: EU buying from the US

G

GuestUser140

Born and raised in Europe and have a company here. Here goes my question:

Does an existing EU company need any license to purchase consumer electronics from the US and import them into Europe?

In this scenario, the US suppliers themselves ship overseas.

What changes when the US supplier does not ship overseas?
Can the EU company send someone to the States to arrange for shipping to the EU? Any license needed?

Any input appreciated, preferably from those who've done it before!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser140

Hi, I'm in the Netherlands.

Are you aware of websites likes these?

http://www.reship.com/

http://www.mailboxrentals.us/frame6.html

Hi there,

We're talking $50k-100k bulk purchases in one go, so limiting risk by involving as few parties as possible is imperative.

Either the US company ships, or we go collect it and ship it ourselves. We're just not clear about rules and regulations concerning travelling to the US on a business visa and shipping stuff back to the company in Europe.

Matt B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 6, 2014
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you'd like to know in particular. If your supplier is only willing to sell ExW or FOB, just get in touch with a few major forwarding agents, get their quotes and then go for it. I don't really think it is necessary for you to get someone to the US with a visa to manage shipping..

Concerning your merchandise, double-check if your products carry all the required declarations (CE, EMC) for the EU and ask the supplier for the respective documents. Important: Do not forget about the power supplies!

Source: I import electronics to the EU for a living (not from the US though).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.