The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to download a U.S based app when you're overseas

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Does anyone know how to download a U.S based app if you are overseas? We have developers in India and we need them to be able to check out a U.S based app, but they are saying there are restrictions and it wont let them download it? Any ideas on an emulator or work around?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

_Will_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 30, 2015
1) download the APK (is it Android ?) yourself and send it to them
2) or they can access and download the app thru a VPN

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
1) download the APK (is it Android ?) yourself and send it to them
2) or they can access and download the app thru a VPN

Its an iOS app. What do you mean APK?

How would I explain to them how to access it and download it through a VPN? They dont seem very willing to go out of there way to do it, so it either needs to be very easy or they need exact instructions.

_Will_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 30, 2015
Its an iOS app. What do you mean APK?

How would I explain to them how to access it and download it through a VPN? They dont seem very willing to go out of there way to do it, so it either needs to be very easy or they need exact instructions.

APK is the android package file (so just for Androids). I'm not sure there is a way to install an APP outside the apple store unless the device is jailbreaked.
There are lots of VPN services out there. You can subscribe to one for a month, tell them to install the VPN app on their device, connect to a server here in the US thru the vpn app and then download the app they need.

--Edit--
beternet is a free vpn service. I don't user free vpns at all but it may be helpful just for downloading the app
https://www.betternet.co/

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013

Harti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jun 28, 2014
Really appreciate it! Sorry for sounding like a newbie, but how would this work? Im just not familiar with a VPN, so Im wondering how I would tell the developers to use it to download the US based apps on iOS? thanks
Why don't you just google "how to use a VPN", or go on the website of stacksocial.com?

This is unnecessarily wasting people's time since this question has been asked before by a lot of people.

Christos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 21, 2014
Germany
Really appreciate it! Sorry for sounding like a newbie, but how would this work? Im just not familiar with a VPN, so Im wondering how I would tell the developers to use it to download the US based apps on iOS? thanks

You can try it for free to see how it works. It is really easy and self explaining. You will find also a lot of videos on YouTube to understand how vpn works in general.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
You should..

A) Find new developers if they can't figure it out

and