The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Develop Mental Toughness Using Navy Seal's 40% Rule

Anything related to matters of the mind

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
Love it. Nice little piece and a reminder of how weak (as a species we have become).

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Also don't just read this and store it away for 'when you need it'.

Always hit your reserve tank and get familiar with using it.
Minor things, such as make 5 more campaigns / do 5 more sit ups / spend 10 more minutes reading etc.

Learn the habit early and it will only become natural for you to keep pushing yourself.
I started doing this when I was much younger and it pays off a lot and helps you with your mind set.

For example: 'let's relax now we have done everything' turns in to 'lets make one more video'.
Which turns in to 'lets edit this video, lets edit the audio, lets publish the video asnd then write an email letting people know its ready for them to watch'.

Instead of (what most people do) reward yourself for minor achievements after basically doing F*ck all/bare minimum.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Love it. Nice little piece and a reminder of how weak (as a species we have become).
For real. I don't want to be the person that says we used to work harder.... but I will.

For years I have been hearing people say that it is amazing how hard I work.... for an old guy...

Shit... when I was a kid... :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok

So I guess he lost a ton of weight before becoming a SEAL. I was going to call bs when he said a 260 lb SEAL but at least he gave the name. Guy is a machine.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Ha ha! I'm not a navy seal, but support the philosophy about Mental Toughness.

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
As Buddha says: "The mind is everything, what you think you become". Both the placebo and 40% rule work, the problem with us is that often is just what we set up in our own minds. Remember that the mind controls the body.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dwee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 26, 2014
If any of you are looking for a good book I recommend Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the World's Toughest Man. David Goggins is the SEAL in the book. They go into the 40% in depth over the course of their training.

The book is great if you're looking for motivation for life and business. Jesse Itzer gives several business anecdotes about his businesses and about his wife's business, so there's a practical business element that's good for people of the forum. The book is also very funny. I read it in a day.

One of my favorite quotes from the book.
"Hey SEAL, we have to stop. My balls are bleeding"
"You don't need balls to run. MOVE IT!"

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Nice share!

In the military I've been told that when I think I gave 100%, I only gave 80%.
So when I go for the last 20%, a SEAL will do three times as much.

Gonna set my standards a little bit higher:cool:

Best part of the article: If it doesn't suck we don't do it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.