The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to (create threads that) get engagement

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Just not sure Nietzsche needs to be dropped in a thread talking about Intermittent Fasting or dating (hyperbole, but that's my point.)
lmao i dunno if that's even hyperbole

i've seen him drop Sun Tzu in all sorts of e-commerce threads

i like this guys posts though..he comes off as a troll but if you can get past that i find they're really good. he's one of the few members on here I actually follow

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump.

(And this thread isn’t about being click-baity.)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
This idea pushes my “ehhhh” button. I agree... ish?

1. Excellent online communication skills don’t necessarily translate into excellent other skills; discipline, commitment, grit, leadership to name a few.

2. Creating threads isn’t the only way to add value. By being a a thoughtful or funny commenter people help flesh ideas out and debate strategy.

3. Everyone should want to be more of a producer but if all your power is going to produce threads you might be distracting yourself from doing real work.

4. This is an awesome place to connect. Absolutely 100%

5. Some skills are extremely difficult to translate into the written word. I wish I could help everybody’s posture/pain on this forum but unless I start my own YouTube channel... huh.

Dammit Andy there you go again with the adding ideas to my brain! Gah! Smdh. Lol

Do it start a YouTube channel I would watch it!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Do it start a YouTube channel I would watch it!

I forget about this and then I make new friends and they say it..and then I forget.. repeat, repeat.

I literally have no clue why some ppl think I’m entertaining or what I could ever do on YouTube... lol..to me it still seems weird that ppl are putting videos of themselves on the internet.. rofl. So awkward. But thanks dude! Hahaha.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I forget about this and then I make new friends and they say it..and then I forget.. repeat, repeat.

I literally have no clue why some ppl think I’m entertaining or what I could ever do on YouTube... lol..to me it still seems weird that ppl are putting videos of themselves on the internet.. rofl. So awkward. But thanks dude! Hahaha.

God damnit!

Listen to the market, me am the market, me have pain! Please help me YouTube guru!

You can call your channel primeperiwinkle pain relief guru!

Or pain relief with Dr primeperiwinkle and you can buy a doctor's coat from Alibaba!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

What if you create a video of something you do that currently helps people you meet in person, and it helps people you’ve never met, and does so for years to come?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
What if you create a video of something you do that currently helps people you meet in person, and it helps people you’ve never met, and does so for years to come?

What I do every day is solve individual problems, bad patterns, and touch areas of pain. I might recommend journaling with one person, cry with another, use my elbow on the next persons back for 45 minutes, or show someone an exercise. Excellent massage therapists are a bridge between unhealthy and healthy. I push ppl to go to counseling or physical therapy or chiropractic or a corrective trainer.. but they come to me first just because.. they want a safe place. I literally have no idea how to do that via YouTube.

I’m rushing to type between clients. Plz forgive weird sentences.

The actual legal difficulty with a lot of what I do is that recommending (via explaining how they could start vs just saying “you should go talk to ____ and ____”) ANYTHING besides just basic massage is out of my scope of practice so I would need to be certified in ... what? Therapy? Physical therapy? Fitness?

If I was going to do YouTube it would be on a subject I felt more confident in AND wanted to be known as an expert in. Not my day job... even though I do help ppl every day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.