The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to convince anybody to start exercising

TheGreatAli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 21, 2023
Australia
Have you got a family member or friend that you wish would start exercising so they can live a longer and happier life?

No matter how many times you tell them, they give you some excuse. Sometimes you even have answers for their excuses but it still doesn't get them to start.

In this thread I'm hoping to give you a mental mind frame that I got from Alex Hormozi to handle any objections/excuses they might have. This can literally save the life of your loved ones in the long term.

NOTE: This was originally used for selling gym programs to someone so it will contain a few phrases regarding offers and guarantees. But, I think it can still be used to convince anybody, especially our loved ones to sign up to the gym or do some sort of exercise in their life.

I've personally used it to convince 3 of my friends to start working out. I am in the middle of my 9-5 reception job, thought I'd share this, I'll edit it later and make it cleaner. I hope it helps someone out their convince somebody to start exercising.

Let's get to it!

What you want to do is help them help themselves. This means you need to have their goals at the center of the decision.

Whatever excuse/objection they might throw at you falls into one of these 3 following distortions. They are called distortions because they are a distortion of reality and they are not real.

The 3 distortions are:

1. Circumstances
  2. Others
  3. Self

Our goal is to peel to the core and help them from there.
ApukuRPm1NnH1x5f36fvS_xhfYMuCatNuD-ElrY7W3xqaKFQhNSOIX3_UyeFhh4QeA-uj-AvM6obhdwZf5SBLhoyPP9JpxDisJGpLci4TSJ_i9RxhP-Twxm2eIwa0Hxm1qRQCbvddS5mKxHKVmtVzik

These are further broken down to:

Circumstances:

• Time: “not a good time right now”
  • Value: “too expensive / out of budget / can’t afford it”
  • Fit: “not sure if it’s for me / I hate broccoli”

Others:

• Authority: “Have to talk to spouse/parents/children”

Self:

• Avoidance: “I need to think about it”

We will start from the outer layer and peel towards the core however, they can come in any order. Once they start giving you the "Self Distortions" that's when you know you've hit the jackpot.

Circumstances:

Time: “not a good time right now”
1. Macro: “Busy year”
Totally understand. Do you want this to be something that will last for the long term?
Wait for response
Do you think that you will be busy again in the future?
Wait for response
Don’t you think it would be best to start now, when you ARE busy, because if you learn how to do it when you’re busy, you’ll be able to do it forever.
If you can only learn it when it's a perfect circumstance, then you’re gonna fall off when it gets busy again.

2. Micro: “Can’t find hours in my day”
OPTION 1

You know.. I used to feel exactly that way!
The reason for that is, my wife/friend/parent got fed up of me complaining about not having enough time so she/he pulled out my phone and said: “LOOK, you’re spending 22 hours per week on Social media”
So tell me, what's really stopping you?

OPTION 2
Everyone has the same 24 hours per day. Jeff Bezos has got the same time you do.. Right?
It’s just what are the things that you’re doing that he’s not?
It’s not about adding sh*t to your plate, it's about removing the stuff that are not working.

3. When/then fallacy: “When I have time, Ill start”
Totally understand that. I used to feel the same way. I found out that my line of reasoning was called the “when/then fallacy” which is saying When X happens, I will do Y. but it can also flip sequence.
It’s like saying, I will save money when I get rich. Or I will pay for the program that will make me get a six pack when I get a six pack, but that’s the whole point of the program.. Or I will go to the hospital when I feel better... funny right?Does that make sense?
Do you realize that this is holding you back?

Value: “too expensive / out of budget / can’t afford it”
1. Why a lot is good
Is this a lot of money to you?
Wait for response
That’s the exact reason why you’re gonna be successful. Because there’s other people who buy this program but they’re not all in on it.
When you have more on the line you are more likely to work hard to make it work.
I’m more excited because the best stories always come from the people that are in your situation.
So don’t let that be a reason not to do it. That should be the reason to do it.

2. Why it’s not a lot relatively
If all this does is get you a six pack / put you in a bikini / whatever goal the program has.. Would it be worth it?
Wait for response
Great, then it’s not about the price, it’s what you believe in. Do you believe that this wouldn't work?
Move to "self"

3. What’s money good for anyways?
You’re gonna spend this money either way over the next 12 months.
And in fact, you’re also going to buy this program.
The question is whether you’re gonna pay for it in money or pay for it in time.
You can learn every single lesson that’s in this program.
But do you want it to take 12 months or 12 years?
Are you gonna be able to live 1000 lifetimes because of the 1000 people that we’ve helped just like you and gathered all the lessons and put them together so you don’t have to do the trial and error for that entire period of time.
So the question isn’t whether you’re gonna buy it or not.. It’s how do you wanna pay?

4. Resourcefulness
OPTION 1

Do you know what self made millionaires and you have in common?
Wait for response
Both started from zero. That proves that the only difference was that it's not about what resources they had, it’s about how resourceful they were. The reason why this is important is because when you have nothing, it's the easiest excuse you could give yourself… you say “well I have nothing so that’s why I can’t”
Well of course, but every self made millionaire and self made billionaire was self made, and they started with nothing, which puts them in the exact same seat you are. So do you wanna have power.. Or not have power?
Because if you want to have power then you need to be resourceful.

OPTION 2
Have you ever had an expected bill come up? taxes/surgery?
Wait for response
You’re still alive right?
Wait for response
So you were able to magically get money and figure out a way to do it?
Wait for response
Here’s what’s crazy… you have the ability to be resourceful when it's for someone else. And not for you. And it's because you choose to be powerful when someone else needs it but not for yourself.
F*cked up right? So stop doing it.
You can be resourceful when you choose to be… so just choose to be.

OPTION 3
If there was a brand new Ferrari for sale right now for $5000, would you be able to find the money?
Wait for response
So you know how to be resourceful, you just don’t see the value in this program the way you see the value of the ferrari. Let’s talk about that.
Move to “Self”

Fit: “not sure if it’s for me / I hate broccoli”
1. New identity, new priorities
Reaching your goal of getting a six pack / bikini body will come with a new identity. Meaning your lifestyle as a fit person with a six pack / bikini body will be different to your current lifestyle. And with that new lifestyle comes new priorities. So you need to draw the line and cross it to start changing.

2. Pain of change “I don’t like cardio/ I don’t like to eat this for breakfast”
You gotta change to change. Right?
What you have been doing has been getting you what you’ve been getting..
That breakfast/lack of cardio makes you look like you.
It’s going to hurt to change
So the question is, is your current situation more painful than the change you will have to experience to get where you wanna go?
Wait for response
If it doesn’t hurt enough then go gain more weight and hit rock bottom so that you can actually start the change.

3. Hypothetical / Unicorn offer
If this were perfect, would you do it?
Wait for response (if they say no, then it's not about the program and you need to take a step back find out why they don't trust you)
Then what's the difference between perfection and what we’ve got?
Wait for response (Usually they would say idk, if they give an answer, tackle it directly and see if you have a solution for that part)
Right because it sounds like it’s nothing to do with the program and it’s all to do with you
Move to “Self”

Others:

Authority: “Have to talk to spouse/parents/children”
1. Isolate and collapse
What part do you think they would not approve of?
Wait for response
Overcome their response and give them a solution for it

For example:
Unfit person: “They don’t want me to fail”
Oh, so they don't want you to fail. Let’s talk about you.
Now you move to the “Self”

2. Realize they’ve already given you permission & realize you never needed permission
Do they approve of your current struggle? Are they happy that you are struggling?
Wait for response
Okay… then why wouldn't they approve of something that’s gonna fix something that they already don’t approve of? Right?

OR YOU COULD SAY
If they're not happy with how you are currently doing, why would they be against something that fixes what makes them unhappy? Right?
Wait for response
Well if the roles were reversed and your husband/wife needed this to make his/her dreams happen, wouldn’t you support him/her?
Wait for response
Then why wouldn’t they support you?
Wait for response
I think the real problem that we are dealing with here.. Is that you are asking for
permission instead of support. Because it is your life, not theirs…
And what happens is… if you give that power to them, and then two years from now, you’re still fat/unhealthy, who are you gonna blame?
Them.
And that’s when you have a resentful marriage because you don't own your sh*t.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t explain the decision to them… but the way you explain it is.. What I just said, which is:

“If I don't do this for me, I'm going to end up resenting you. And I don't want that. And instead of me b*tching to you about how I don't like my body, I'm gonna take this seriously and go all in and I'm not asking for your permission, I'm just asking for your support.”

A 3 day guarantee works really well here to push them over the line.

Self:

Avoidance: “I need to think about it”
1. Past: “I feel like this is moving too fast, so I need to think about it”
OPTION 1

Hey, how long have you been wanting to lose weight?
Wait for response (they will give number of months / years)
Right, so you’ve been making this decision for the last 4 years and you continually make this decision.
All we’re doing is deciding you’re actually going to do something about it.
So this is not a fast decision at all

OPTION 2
Okay let’s run through what you’ve done to get here. You accepted the offer because you saw some ad. You answered your phone. You scheduled the appointment. You blocked the time. You got in your car and drove or walked however long you needed to get here. You came all the way to me to ask about the program. You listened to everything I had to say. You are literally 6 inches from gold. This isn’t a fast decision at all, you did all these things to get here because it is important to you.
So don’t let that distortion stop you from getting what you want.

OPTION 3
Do you think that maybe you’re here because you struggled to pull the trigger/make a decision in the past?
Wait for response (yes)
Have you been in this conversation and said no before?
Wait for response (yes)
Do you think that’s why you’re here?
Wait for response (yes)
Do you think that might be the reason you should change that?
Wait for response (yes)
Okay let’s change it.

BONUS
What are you most afraid of having happen if you buy/sign up/start?
Wait for response (if they say, I just bought so many programs before and they didn’t work)
Right, let’s talk about that. Have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend in highschool that you’re not married to right now?
Wait for response
Okay and after that experience, did you go “that’s it I don’t want men/women, they’re all bad”?
Wait for response
You see there are good programs and bad programs. If you let the bad program prevent you from the good one, you let that bad program burn you twice. You get burned once by being in the bad program and you get burned the second time because you let the bad one control your next decision.

2. Present: “I’m unsure, so I need to think about it” basically they simply don’t know how to make a decision for themselves.
OPTION 1

Totally understand, well let’s walk through what that’s gonna look like. You’re not gonna go home and sit in a rocking chair and smoke a cigar and say “hmmm am I gonna do this weight loss program..?” and just sit there and stare into the clouds.. Of course not.

You’re gonna get in your car, remember that you need to pick up timmy from soccer practice, you gotta get groceries, you gotta cook, you gotta clean, you gotta go do laundry. You gotta do all these things. And then 3, 4 days from now you’re gonna put up that old pair of jeans and it’s not gonna fit and you’re gonna be like “f*ck”... and just there, you’ll have made the decision and you’ll keep living you life.

So let’s just make it now, because the reality is, it doesn’t take time to make decisions, it takes information. And I’m the only source of information you got.
So let’s talk. I’m here. I’m here for you.

They usually ask, “alright then how do I make this decision?”
Do you believe that this product/service/program will help you get closer to your goals? Yes or no?
Wait for response (confront their response)
Do you trust me to fulfill my word?
Do you think it’ll work for you?
Wait for response (if they say no, Ask why)
Do you have or have access to the amount of money you need to get started with this?
Wait for response (if you have financing options this is where you show it to them)

OPTION 2 (You need some element of trial / guarantee in your program)
Do you like to make informed decisions?
Wait for response
How can you make an informed decision, if you haven’t even tried it?
Well you can’t make an informed decision to buy until you’re on the inside. So I’m not asking you to make a decision, I’m asking you to make an informed decision.

So if after 30 days,
I’m not what I said, this product doesn’t do what I told you, I don’t fulfill my promise and you don’t think it's gonna work for you.. You let me know and I'll give you your money back.

OPTION 3 (if they are a logical person)
Do you know what deciding even means?
Wait for response
It comes from a latin word “decadere” and it means to cut off / kill off. So the question is:
Which future are we killing off today?
Are we killing off the future of you achieving your goal? Or are we killing off the future of you not doing anything?
Because indecision is a decision. Inaction is an active decision.
So which one are we killing today? Are we killing your dreams or are we killing your past?

3. Future
OPTION 1
Let's go with indecision, let’s look at it.
What would 5 years of you doing what you’ve been doing look like?
Wait for response
And is that a place you wanna be?
Wait for response (usually say no)
Alright then let’s do this..

OPTION 2 (Really good if you have a guarantee)
Let's consider your options.
Option 1:
  • You do the thing
  • You get the results. Life is awesome
Option 2:
  • You don’t do the thing
  • You don’t get the result
Option 3
  • You do the thing
  • Get money back

Now because we have a guarantee, they’re all risk free.
So which risk free option do you want?
The one that’s risk free, that guarantees that you’re not going to get there?
Or the one that’s risk free and has the potential to get you there?

OPTION 3 (Ah.. I’m still not sure)
Well you’re not gonna struggle forever right?
Wait for response
Well if you’re gonna fix it / do it eventually, then you might as well start fixing / doing it now, so that you can start enjoying the fruits of your labor sooner.

OPTION 4
Do you think that making this decision will help you get closer to your goal? Because if we keep making decisions that get us closer, we will get there eventually. So do you think that this is going to get you closer to your goal than what you’re currently doing?
Wait for response (usually say yes)
Well then what are we waiting for? We don’t need to be snipers, we just need to be directionally correct. We do that long enough, we’ll get there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just learnt how to make a newsletter want to create one for fitness together?
And yes I will read your thread complete later.

Did you actually just ask someone to partner with you in the same breath as admitting you didn't take 5 minutes to read their content?

That's.... well that's one way to do it, lol.

Last edited:

AayushT8999

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Nov 26, 2022
Did you actually just ask someone to partner with you in the same breath as admitting you didn't take 5 minutes to read their content?

That's.... well that's one way to do it, lol.
All I have to say is thank you I am learning.
And about reading that I am working on stuff atliest I was honest its not an business deal its an proposal for one.
I was being honest.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
All I have to say is thank you I am learning.
And about reading that I am working on stuff atliest I was honest its not an business deal its an proposal for one.
I was being honest.

That is a good response @AayushT8999

You didn't get defensive. You accepted the feedback. That's an improvement.

This is the second thread I've seen you talk about how you're going to read something later.

I know on this forum we talk about not reading too much and focusing on action. But I think you're taking that comment to the extreme. It is leading to you "action faking" in a different way.

Sometimes you need to pay attention to the details. Sometimes you need to take the time to do the reading and studying ahead of time.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
You don't need to exercise at all.

You can buy our product and get instant results overnight like me and @BizyDad

AayushT8999

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Nov 26, 2022
That is a good response @AayushT8999

You didn't get defensive. You accepted the feedback. That's an improvement.

This is the second thread I've seen you talk about how you're going to read something later.

I know on this forum we talk about not reading too much and focusing on action. But I think you're taking that comment to the extreme. It is leading to you "action faking" in a different way.

Sometimes you need to pay attention to the details. Sometimes you need to take the time to do the reading and studying ahead of time.
Thank You Sir
Working on behaviour too.
I would read before talking to anyone about their content from now on.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Have you got a family member or friend that you wish would start exercising so they can live a longer and happier life?

No matter how many times you tell them, they give you some excuse. Sometimes you even have answers for their excuses but it still doesn't get them to start.

In this thread I'm hoping to give you a mental mind frame that I got from Alex Hormozi to handle any objections/excuses they might have. This can literally save the life of your loved ones in the long term.

NOTE: This was originally used for selling gym programs to someone so it will contain a few phrases regarding offers and guarantees. But, I think it can still be used to convince anybody, especially our loved ones to sign up to the gym or do some sort of exercise in their life.

I've personally used it to convince 3 of my friends to start working out. I am in the middle of my 9-5 reception job, thought I'd share this, I'll edit it later and make it cleaner. I hope it helps someone out their convince somebody to start exercising.

Let's get to it!

What you want to do is help them help themselves. This means you need to have their goals at the center of the decision.

Whatever excuse/objection they might throw at you falls into one of these 3 following distortions. They are called distortions because they are a distortion of reality and they are not real.

The 3 distortions are:

1. Circumstances
  2. Others
  3. Self

Our goal is to peel to the core and help them from there.
ApukuRPm1NnH1x5f36fvS_xhfYMuCatNuD-ElrY7W3xqaKFQhNSOIX3_UyeFhh4QeA-uj-AvM6obhdwZf5SBLhoyPP9JpxDisJGpLci4TSJ_i9RxhP-Twxm2eIwa0Hxm1qRQCbvddS5mKxHKVmtVzik

These are further broken down to:

Circumstances:

• Time: “not a good time right now”
  • Value: “too expensive / out of budget / can’t afford it”
  • Fit: “not sure if it’s for me / I hate broccoli”

Others:

• Authority: “Have to talk to spouse/parents/children”

Self:

• Avoidance: “I need to think about it”

We will start from the outer layer and peel towards the core however, they can come in any order. Once they start giving you the "Self Distortions" that's when you know you've hit the jackpot.

Circumstances:

Time: “not a good time right now”
1. Macro: “Busy year”
Totally understand. Do you want this to be something that will last for the long term?
Wait for response
Do you think that you will be busy again in the future?
Wait for response
Don’t you think it would be best to start now, when you ARE busy, because if you learn how to do it when you’re busy, you’ll be able to do it forever.
If you can only learn it when it's a perfect circumstance, then you’re gonna fall off when it gets busy again.

2. Micro: “Can’t find hours in my day”
OPTION 1

You know.. I used to feel exactly that way!
The reason for that is, my wife/friend/parent got fed up of me complaining about not having enough time so she/he pulled out my phone and said: “LOOK, you’re spending 22 hours per week on Social media”
So tell me, what's really stopping you?

OPTION 2
Everyone has the same 24 hours per day. Jeff Bezos has got the same time you do.. Right?
It’s just what are the things that you’re doing that he’s not?
It’s not about adding sh*t to your plate, it's about removing the stuff that are not working.

3. When/then fallacy: “When I have time, Ill start”
Totally understand that. I used to feel the same way. I found out that my line of reasoning was called the “when/then fallacy” which is saying When X happens, I will do Y. but it can also flip sequence.
It’s like saying, I will save money when I get rich. Or I will pay for the program that will make me get a six pack when I get a six pack, but that’s the whole point of the program.. Or I will go to the hospital when I feel better... funny right?Does that make sense?
Do you realize that this is holding you back?

Value: “too expensive / out of budget / can’t afford it”
1. Why a lot is good
Is this a lot of money to you?
Wait for response
That’s the exact reason why you’re gonna be successful. Because there’s other people who buy this program but they’re not all in on it.
When you have more on the line you are more likely to work hard to make it work.
I’m more excited because the best stories always come from the people that are in your situation.
So don’t let that be a reason not to do it. That should be the reason to do it.

2. Why it’s not a lot relatively
If all this does is get you a six pack / put you in a bikini / whatever goal the program has.. Would it be worth it?
Wait for response
Great, then it’s not about the price, it’s what you believe in. Do you believe that this wouldn't work?
Move to "self"

3. What’s money good for anyways?
You’re gonna spend this money either way over the next 12 months.
And in fact, you’re also going to buy this program.
The question is whether you’re gonna pay for it in money or pay for it in time.
You can learn every single lesson that’s in this program.
But do you want it to take 12 months or 12 years?
Are you gonna be able to live 1000 lifetimes because of the 1000 people that we’ve helped just like you and gathered all the lessons and put them together so you don’t have to do the trial and error for that entire period of time.
So the question isn’t whether you’re gonna buy it or not.. It’s how do you wanna pay?

4. Resourcefulness
OPTION 1

Do you know what self made millionaires and you have in common?
Wait for response
Both started from zero. That proves that the only difference was that it's not about what resources they had, it’s about how resourceful they were. The reason why this is important is because when you have nothing, it's the easiest excuse you could give yourself… you say “well I have nothing so that’s why I can’t”
Well of course, but every self made millionaire and self made billionaire was self made, and they started with nothing, which puts them in the exact same seat you are. So do you wanna have power.. Or not have power?
Because if you want to have power then you need to be resourceful.

OPTION 2
Have you ever had an expected bill come up? taxes/surgery?
Wait for response
You’re still alive right?
Wait for response
So you were able to magically get money and figure out a way to do it?
Wait for response
Here’s what’s crazy… you have the ability to be resourceful when it's for someone else. And not for you. And it's because you choose to be powerful when someone else needs it but not for yourself.
F*cked up right? So stop doing it.
You can be resourceful when you choose to be… so just choose to be.

OPTION 3
If there was a brand new Ferrari for sale right now for $5000, would you be able to find the money?
Wait for response
So you know how to be resourceful, you just don’t see the value in this program the way you see the value of the ferrari. Let’s talk about that.
Move to “Self”

Fit: “not sure if it’s for me / I hate broccoli”
1. New identity, new priorities
Reaching your goal of getting a six pack / bikini body will come with a new identity. Meaning your lifestyle as a fit person with a six pack / bikini body will be different to your current lifestyle. And with that new lifestyle comes new priorities. So you need to draw the line and cross it to start changing.

2. Pain of change “I don’t like cardio/ I don’t like to eat this for breakfast”
You gotta change to change. Right?
What you have been doing has been getting you what you’ve been getting..
That breakfast/lack of cardio makes you look like you.
It’s going to hurt to change
So the question is, is your current situation more painful than the change you will have to experience to get where you wanna go?
Wait for response
If it doesn’t hurt enough then go gain more weight and hit rock bottom so that you can actually start the change.

3. Hypothetical / Unicorn offer
If this were perfect, would you do it?
Wait for response (if they say no, then it's not about the program and you need to take a step back find out why they don't trust you)
Then what's the difference between perfection and what we’ve got?
Wait for response (Usually they would say idk, if they give an answer, tackle it directly and see if you have a solution for that part)
Right because it sounds like it’s nothing to do with the program and it’s all to do with you
Move to “Self”

Others:

Authority: “Have to talk to spouse/parents/children”
1. Isolate and collapse
What part do you think they would not approve of?
Wait for response
Overcome their response and give them a solution for it

For example:
Unfit person: “They don’t want me to fail”
Oh, so they don't want you to fail. Let’s talk about you.
Now you move to the “Self”

2. Realize they’ve already given you permission & realize you never needed permission
Do they approve of your current struggle? Are they happy that you are struggling?
Wait for response
Okay… then why wouldn't they approve of something that’s gonna fix something that they already don’t approve of? Right?

OR YOU COULD SAY
If they're not happy with how you are currently doing, why would they be against something that fixes what makes them unhappy? Right?
Wait for response
Well if the roles were reversed and your husband/wife needed this to make his/her dreams happen, wouldn’t you support him/her?
Wait for response
Then why wouldn’t they support you?
Wait for response
I think the real problem that we are dealing with here.. Is that you are asking for
permission instead of support. Because it is your life, not theirs…
And what happens is… if you give that power to them, and then two years from now, you’re still fat/unhealthy, who are you gonna blame?
Them.
And that’s when you have a resentful marriage because you don't own your sh*t.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t explain the decision to them… but the way you explain it is.. What I just said, which is:

“If I don't do this for me, I'm going to end up resenting you. And I don't want that. And instead of me b*tching to you about how I don't like my body, I'm gonna take this seriously and go all in and I'm not asking for your permission, I'm just asking for your support.”

A 3 day guarantee works really well here to push them over the line.

Self:

Avoidance: “I need to think about it”
1. Past: “I feel like this is moving too fast, so I need to think about it”
OPTION 1

Hey, how long have you been wanting to lose weight?
Wait for response (they will give number of months / years)
Right, so you’ve been making this decision for the last 4 years and you continually make this decision.
All we’re doing is deciding you’re actually going to do something about it.
So this is not a fast decision at all

OPTION 2
Okay let’s run through what you’ve done to get here. You accepted the offer because you saw some ad. You answered your phone. You scheduled the appointment. You blocked the time. You got in your car and drove or walked however long you needed to get here. You came all the way to me to ask about the program. You listened to everything I had to say. You are literally 6 inches from gold. This isn’t a fast decision at all, you did all these things to get here because it is important to you.
So don’t let that distortion stop you from getting what you want.

OPTION 3
Do you think that maybe you’re here because you struggled to pull the trigger/make a decision in the past?
Wait for response (yes)
Have you been in this conversation and said no before?
Wait for response (yes)
Do you think that’s why you’re here?
Wait for response (yes)
Do you think that might be the reason you should change that?
Wait for response (yes)
Okay let’s change it.

BONUS
What are you most afraid of having happen if you buy/sign up/start?
Wait for response (if they say, I just bought so many programs before and they didn’t work)
Right, let’s talk about that. Have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend in highschool that you’re not married to right now?
Wait for response
Okay and after that experience, did you go “that’s it I don’t want men/women, they’re all bad”?
Wait for response
You see there are good programs and bad programs. If you let the bad program prevent you from the good one, you let that bad program burn you twice. You get burned once by being in the bad program and you get burned the second time because you let the bad one control your next decision.

2. Present: “I’m unsure, so I need to think about it” basically they simply don’t know how to make a decision for themselves.
OPTION 1

Totally understand, well let’s walk through what that’s gonna look like. You’re not gonna go home and sit in a rocking chair and smoke a cigar and say “hmmm am I gonna do this weight loss program..?” and just sit there and stare into the clouds.. Of course not.

You’re gonna get in your car, remember that you need to pick up timmy from soccer practice, you gotta get groceries, you gotta cook, you gotta clean, you gotta go do laundry. You gotta do all these things. And then 3, 4 days from now you’re gonna put up that old pair of jeans and it’s not gonna fit and you’re gonna be like “f*ck”... and just there, you’ll have made the decision and you’ll keep living you life.

So let’s just make it now, because the reality is, it doesn’t take time to make decisions, it takes information. And I’m the only source of information you got.
So let’s talk. I’m here. I’m here for you.

They usually ask, “alright then how do I make this decision?”
Do you believe that this product/service/program will help you get closer to your goals? Yes or no?
Do you trust me to fulfill my word?
Do you think it’ll work for you?
Wait for response (if they say no, Ask why)
Do you have or have access to the amount of money you need to get started with this?
Wait for response (if you have financing options this is where you show it to them)

OPTION 2 (You need some element of trial / guarantee in your program)
Do you like to make informed decisions?
Wait for response
How can you make an informed decision, if you haven’t even tried it?
Well you can’t make an informed decision to buy until you’re on the inside. So I’m not asking you to make a decision, I’m asking you to make an informed decision.

So if after 30 days,
I’m not what I said, this product doesn’t do what I told you, I don’t fulfill my promise and you don’t think it's gonna work for you.. You let me know and I'll give you your money back.

OPTION 3 (if they are a logical person)
Do you know what deciding even means?
Wait for response
It comes from a latin word “decadere” and it means to cut off / kill off. So the question is:
Which future are we killing off today?
Are we killing off the future of you achieving your goal? Or are we killing off the future of you not doing anything?
Because indecision is a decision. Inaction is an active decision.
So which one are we killing today? Are we killing your dreams or are we killing your past?

3. Future
OPTION 1
Let's go with indecision, let’s look at it.
What would 5 years of you doing what you’ve been doing look like?
Wait for response
And is that a place you wanna be?
Wait for response (usually say no)
Alright then let’s do this..

OPTION 2 (Really good if you have a guarantee)
Let's consider your options.
Option 1:
  • You do the thing
  • You get the results. Life is awesome
Option 2:
  • You don’t do the thing
Option 3
  • You do the thing
  • Get money back

Now because we have a guarantee, they’re all risk free.
So which risk free option do you want?
The one that’s risk free, that guarantees that you’re not going to get there?
Or the one that’s risk free and has the potential to get you there?

OPTION 3 (Ah.. I’m still not sure)
Well you’re not gonna struggle forever right?
Wait for response
Well if you’re gonna fix it / do it eventually, then you might as well start fixing / doing it now, so that you can start enjoying the fruits of your labor sooner.

OPTION 4
Do you think that making this decision will help you get closer to your goal? Because if we keep making decisions that get us closer, we will get there eventually. So do you think that this is going to get you closer to your goal than what you’re currently doing?
Wait for response (usually say yes)
Well then what are we waiting for? We don’t need to be snipers, we just need to be directionally correct. We do that long enough, we’ll get there.
Good stuff. I have Alex's video downloaded on my phone. Watched it 5 times at least.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.