The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Should I Plan To Get CBUMs Physique? + several questions for you!!!

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
For all the gym bros and pros. This one is for you.

Height - 178cm - 5.84 feet
Weight - 88kg - 194 pounds
Fat - 22%
Muscle - 47%
Hydration - 59.4% (total H2O)
Metabolic age and rate - 27yrs | 1822kcal
Diet - currently 2600 calories - only 2 times a day - one at 1-2p, then 5-6pm. This is due to intermittent fasting which I totally prefer as sugar crash don't exist for me now. Not the best overall calories, but I need your help for that. I DO TAKE PROTEIN POWDER AND AM STARTING CREATINE.

GYM routine - 5 times a week - currently doing KONG: savage size in 12 weeks by Alex Bromley (click to open programme link) or copy/paste this --> KONG: Savage Size in 12 Weeks | Workout Programs | Boostcamp App | 12-week-hypertrophy

My physique has definitely improved over 4 months of consistent exercise. My legs are huge, love doing squats. I go in the mornings.

GOAL - REACH CBUM LIKE BODY - BUT ONLY SUSTAINABLE - NOT INCREDIBLE LOW FAT - BUT SUSTAINABLE. ALL NATURAL ONLY

Questions:

1. With all my current data, what % should my muscle and fat be to reach CBUMS physique?
  2. I want to lose fat and gain muscle, hence not a big big fan of eating many meals a day as sugar crashes are great. Hence, 2 meals a day works best for me. So what should my diet be?
  3. I've heard bro-split works the best, is it true?
  4. How many years from my position will it take to reach my goal?
  5. How should I adapt my gym workouts so I reach the goal?
  6. What mistakes would you say you did that extended your time of progress?
  7. How to save years???

When answering - could you refer to the question number, so it's easy for everyone to review.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023

Fat - 22%
Muscle - 47%
Diet - currently 2600 calories - only 2 times a day - one at 1-2p, then 5-6pm. This is due to intermittent fasting which I totally prefer as sugar crash don't exist for me now. Not the best overall calories, but I need your help for that. I DO TAKE PROTEIN POWDER AND AM STARTING CREATINE.

GYM routine - 5 times a week - currently doing KONG: savage size in 12 weeks by Alex Bromley (click to open programme link) or copy/paste this --> KONG: Savage Size in 12 Weeks | Workout Programs | Boostcamp App | 12-week-hypertrophy

My physique has definitely improved over 4 months of consistent exercise. My legs are huge, love doing squats. I go in the mornings.

GOAL - REACH CBUM LIKE BODY - BUT ONLY SUSTAINABLE - NOT INCREDIBLE LOW FAT - BUT SUSTAINABLE. ALL NATURAL ONLY

Questions:

1. With all my current data, what % should my muscle and fat be to reach CBUMS physique?
  2. I want to lose fat and gain muscle, hence not a big big fan of eating many meals a day as sugar crashes are great. Hence, 2 meals a day works best for me. So what should my diet be?
  7. How to save years???

When answering - could you refer to the question number, so it's easy for everyone to review.
Nice job workin out, Im jus a regular old martial artist/worker outer, what is CBUM?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
@JLE might be able to elucidate further, but...

You won't get there without drugs. But I think you know that already. And CBum is what people call a "genetic freak". Maybe you're one, too, but probably not.

You're probably asking: "how can I get the same SHAPE as Chris Bumstead given my height & insistence on staying natural"?

First, expect it to take a very long time. You're in this for the long haul.

Question 1 is not answerable. CBum is 6'1" and 230 lbs on stage (~260 off stage).

2: Because you're neither skinny nor fat, you don't need to bulk or cut at this stage, just eat lots of protein (1g/lb, so ~194g) and lift. Your body composition will change over the next 8-12 months or so. From there you'll know what to do depending on how you look.

3: Split doesn't matter. You just gotta get the work in. Some people like full body. Others like push-pull-legs. Others like upper-lower.

4: No idea, so just lift and don't worry about it

5: CBum has overdeveloped delts, particularly side delts. So your program needs to have a lot of side delt work. He also has very developed lats. So your program needs to have a lot of lat work. His quads are huge, too. So if you're going to emphasize certain muscles, those are the ones you'll want. But you need to grow everything.

6: My mistakes: Staying on novice powerlifting workouts for too long. Not doing isolation movements for arms, delts, and calves.

7: You can't. There's no skirting this process. Even drugs can only take you so far. Just don't make dumb mistakes. The most common mistakes are dreamer bulks, not pushing hard enough in the gym, not being consistent, taking long breaks, trying to be super lean year-round, skipping muscle groups, and training for the wrong thing.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Nice job workin out, Im jus a regular old martial artist/worker outer, what is CBUM?
lol, CBUM is a person. Also, I disagree with regular old part. Tell me about your journey of a martial artist. Which branch. How long ago?1697469963776.png

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
@JLE might be able to elucidate further, but...

You won't get there without drugs. But I think you know that already. And CBum is what people call a "genetic freak". Maybe you're one, too, but probably not.

You're probably asking: "how can I get the same SHAPE as Chris Bumstead given my height & insistence on staying natural"?

First, expect it to take a very long time. You're in this for the long haul.

Question 1 is not answerable. CBum is 6'1" and 230 lbs on stage (~260 off stage).

2: Because you're neither skinny nor fat, you don't need to bulk or cut at this stage, just eat lots of protein (1g/lb, so ~194g) and lift. Your body composition will change over the next 8-12 months or so. From there you'll know what to do depending on how you look.

3: Split doesn't matter. You just gotta get the work in. Some people like full body. Others like push-pull-legs. Others like upper-lower.

4: No idea, so just lift and don't worry about it

5: CBum has overdeveloped delts, particularly side delts. So your program needs to have a lot of side delt work. He also has very developed lats. So your program needs to have a lot of lat work. His quads are huge, too. So if you're going to emphasize certain muscles, those are the ones you'll want. But you need to grow everything.

6: My mistakes: Staying on novice powerlifting workouts for too long. Not doing isolation movements for arms, delts, and calves.

7: You can't. There's no skirting this process. Even drugs can only take you so far. Just don't make dumb mistakes. The most common mistakes are dreamer bulks, not pushing hard enough in the gym, not being consistent, taking long breaks, trying to be super lean year-round, skipping muscle groups, and training for the wrong thing.
Hey man, thank you providing gold, actually scratch that, your TIME. Thank you. In regards to point 6 - what do you mean by novice. Also, in regards of isolation exercise. Do I only do them for certain muscle groups or just do for all? Also, what about compound movements which I believe are squats, deadlift, Romanian dead lift? Are they important?

Also, when you mentioned dreamer bulks. What's a good indicator? like above 20% body fat or maybe higher?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Not only has Chris Bumstead won the Classic Physique Olympia 4 years in a row, he's also been training for over a decade, and he's openly using anabolics.

Going to completely ruin your fantasy here but -- you will absolutely never achieve the physique of Chris Bumstead. If you even had a composition resembling his, you'd show it long before you ever touched a weight or used drugs.

Redefine your goals.

You're setup for failure before you've even started.

-------------------------------------

Here's some answers to a few of your questions:
1. You wont. Again. Redefine your goals.
2. You're significantly less likely to have "sugar crashes" (I'm assuming you're meaning a drop in blood glucose) as a result of more frequent meals eaten throughout the day. So realistically, you're having 2 meals out of laziness or a poor attempt to eat less. There isn't a single bodybuilder that isn't consuming 5-7 meals a day that competes on a national level. This isn't a suggestion or matter of preference.
3. Actually yes. Most bodybuilder's use a bro-split. Some also do something similar to push-pull-legs. I'm personally a fan of the bro-split and it's what I'd suggest, but realistically do whatever fits you here. Success leaves clues.
4. How many years? Forever, as it's literally not happening. Not for you. Not for me. Not for anyone. Take a 0.001% physique and add drugs + 10 years of training to it, and then maybe...
5. I'd suggest a bro-split, but again, not happening.
6. Caring too little about diet. Bulking too hard. I've learned how critical nutrition is, and how precise you should be with your tracking of food, and how it makes a significant difference in the progress you make.
7. Save years by dropping this dream and readjusting as it's not happening.

Now that all of that's been said... and I hope I've made clear you absolutely will not achieve the physique of Chris Bumstead...

You should aim to be the best you!

That's all you can do in this life. Work hard and improve yourself with the hand you were dealt. It hurts feelings to say but be real with yourself.

Be the best you.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Not only has Chris Bumstead won the Classic Physique Olympia 4 years in a row, he's also been training for over a decade, and he's openly using anabolics.

Going to completely ruin your fantasy here but -- you will absolutely never achieve the physique of Chris Bumstead. If you even had a composition resembling his, you'd show it long before you ever touched a weight or used drugs.

I tried to be nice about it. Lol

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
lol, CBUM is a person. Also, I disagree with regular old part. Tell me about your journey of a martial artist. Which branch. How long ago?View attachment 51917
Damn dude is jackdd with gigantic lats . Been doin classic japanese martial arts, bujutsu for probably 6 years now. Been working out for a decade plus, but I was in the felonius camp of if I work out then I can eat whatever I want lol. Started maximizing my results after implementing the proper diet lol. Keep up the hardwork and I hope you get your CBUM bod. Do you do any martial arts?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I'm trying to be nice too haha.

It's just beyond unrealistic.

It's equivalent of asking "how can I be the best in the world without making any of the sacrifices they have, nor having the genetics to do so?"

"If you're meant to be a pro, you will be" - Lee Priest

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
I'm trying to be nice too haha.

It's just beyond unrealistic.

It's equivalent of asking "how can I be the best in the world without making any of the sacrifices they have, nor having the genetics to do so?"
No feelings hurt here lol. There is a reason why I said sustainable and natural in big bold text in the first part. As I know he takes drugs and all. I was tryna find what could most closely be with him.

1 )- you mentioned to redefine my goals. Essentially my goal is the picture of one of the best naturals. Like Doug Miller for e.g - his physique is amazing. 1697472108157.png

How do I shift my goals towards that????

Also, Nice move for linking goal sumo, it's great.

2) you mention the number of meals, this links with the goals heavily - so if my goal is the above - what should my diet be like, The-J mentioned having a lot of protein. As I am not skinny or fat.

6) like should I use the fitness pal app? to track my calories and all? Should I bulk? Cut? How long? How many calories for me as every website has a different amount.

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021

Fat - 22%
Muscle - 47%

Questions:

7. How to save years???

CBUM has one of the best genetics in the world regarding a classic type physique. You could have good genetics too. The truth is that you don't know if you have good genetics until you try and get to a specific stage.

To be clear, this physique is only obtainable with drugs. So you don't know if you have olympia-like genetics until after your first cycle.

Let me give you a guide. If you're very very serious about this, expect a life-long period of waiting and patience. It's around 15-20 years of consistent training (setbacks can be overcomed). Accept the fact that you'll one day have to get on drugs to level up. Don't take it fast, it's a process. Take it slow. Train, train, learn from your progress. Journal the progress and the goals (that really helps, and don't overestimate).

About drugs and other chemicals....
Don't rush on everything all at once. Creatine is ok. But when it comes to steroids, just please don't even think about taking something now at the beginning. This is serious stuff. You can start thinking about it only after 2-4 years of serious experience. (This is what it usually takes, with good strategy and genetics to get to around 60-70% of your natural potential.) Once you decide about it, start small, talk with a special doctor. Inform yourself about the chemical before purchasing it. You'll need to experiment with them and see how your body reacts. Visit the clinic after each cycle and see what the statistics say. Don't be that dude that mindlessly takes whatever he thinks works and hope for the best. This is dangerous stuff. I'm not promoting this stuff, and I suggest anyone to consider this only if he's serious about bodybuilding and competing as a carrier. You can be happy with a natural physique.

Time will tell. Take it slow. Experiment and see what works best for you. Everything works differently for everyone.

The best book I can recommend about bodybuilding is The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

1) That physique is optimized only for competitions and is not sustainable. During each contest, his body fat % is around 5-6 %. Considering your height, around 200 lbs in total.
2) Anything that suits your daily routine. Just make sure that for now, you don't go more than 200 kcal in surpuls, or you'll get unnecessary fat. You need it to build muscle, but also tend to consume more full meals. Aim for around 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight daily.
3) Do what works best for you. Train, and see how much it takes for your muscles to fully recover from an optimal workout. Split your workout the way it works best for your body. You can gain similar results going 5x a week, just as doing 4x or 3x a week splits. See what works best for you. For this, experiment different workouts, get accountable, and see how your progress changes with your decisions.
4) 15-20 years.
5) See what works for you. Do it. Take your time. Your body will start responding differently once you get more intermediate.
6) Don't dirty bulk. Please just don't take bulking too far. Nutrition makes 70% of your progress. Overtraining can be a problem too, but most people just far underestimate how hard they train. Know when to stop and see how much it takes for your muscles to recover. Train with weights around 45 mins per workout with high high intensity. Do 20 mins cardio, it matters a lot too. Right lifing form is important. Good intense training and healthy higher protein meals will work for you.
7) See what works best for you and take it easy. It's a huge marathon. Skip drugs. Rethink about competing, and if you're serious, you'll know when you're ready for it. Reach most of your natural potential before getting into the unnatural lifting. You're ready when your progress dramatically slows down with the very best strategy you had results with.

Your muscles are the result of your living environment and time.

Don't worry, the book explains it all. It's like TMF for bodybuilding.

Last edited:

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
No feelings hurt here lol. There is a reason why I said sustainable and natural in big bold text in the first part. As I know he takes drugs and all. I was tryna find what could most closely be with him.

1 )- you mentioned to redefine my goals. Essentially my goal is the picture of one of the best naturals. Like Doug Miller for e.g - his physique is amazing. View attachment 51919

2) you mention the number of meals, this links with the goals heavily - so if my goal is the above - what should my diet be like, The-J mentioned having a lot of protein. As I am not skinny or fat.

6) like should I use the fitness pal app? to track my calories and all? Should I bulk? Cut? How long? How many calories for me as every website has a different amount.
What works for him, doesn't likely work for you.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

1 )- you mentioned to redefine my goals. Essentially my goal is the picture of one of the best naturals. Like Doug Miller for e.g - his physique is amazing. View attachment 51919

1. Not natural. People lie. Google "natural bodybuilding show" and go to images. That's what is realistic for you.

I also didn't link goal sumo. That happens anytime you say goals.

2. Your goal of Chris Bumstead and this other random bodybuilder I've never heard of are both unrealistic. I think you should start by getting an actually realistic goal. You went from saying you want to have the same physique as the best bodybuilder in the world to saying you want to have the physique of the best "natural" bodybuilder in the world.

If that's your goal -- great.

Unfortunately, genetics play a critical role in sports.

For example, I'll never run as fast as Usain Bolt. I could practice my sprint every day for the rest of my life but it doesn't matter...

I think you need to start with a wake-up call.

3. Now you're being ridiculous... How would I be able to determine any of these things based off of your forum post? You're trying to ride with nitrous while still falling over using training-wheels.

I don't know if you should bulk. I don't know if you should cut. Myfitnesspal is fine it's mostly used to track caloric intake...

Don't start asking questions like "is chicken good? what time of the lunar equinox should I consume protein? creatine makes me not natural?"

I don't mean to be rude but I think you're a bit young and naïve. Hell -- I still am myself. You can't conquer the world with no life experience. I respect the ambition but it's very misplaced. Just take it slow... Start at step 1.

Get a gym membership. Lift something. Eat some protein.

Start there as I'm kinda doubting you've even done that yet...

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
CBUM has one of the best genetics in the world regarding a classic type physique. You could have good genetics too. The truth is that you don't know if you have good genetics until you try and get to a specific stage.

To be clear, this physique is only obtainable with drugs. So you don't know if you have olympia-like genetics until after your first cycle.

Let me give you a guide. If you're very very serious about this, expect a life-long period of waiting and patience. It's around 15-20 years of consistent training (setbacks can be overcomed). Accept the fact that you'll one day have to get on drugs to level up. Don't take it fast, it's a process. Take it slow. Train, train, learn from your progress. Journal the progress and the goals (that really helps, and don't overestimate).

About drugs and other chemicals....
Don't rush on everything all at once. Creatine is ok. But when it comes to steroids, just please don't even think about taking something now at the beginning. This is serious stuff. You can start thinking about it only after 2-4 years of serious experience. (This is what it usually takes, with good strategy and genetics to get to around 60-70% of your natural potential.) Once you decide about it, start small, talk with a special doctor. Inform yourself about the chemical before purchasing it. You'll need to experiment with them and see how your body reacts. Visit the clinic after each cycle and see what the statistics say. Don't be that dude that mindlessly takes whatever he thinks works and hope for the best. This is dangerous stuff. I'm not promoting this stuff, and I suggest anyone to consider this only if he's serious about bodybuilding and competing as a carrier. You can be happy with a natural physique.

Time will tell. Take it slow. Experiment and see what works best for you. Everything works differently for everyone.

The best book I can recommend about bodybuilding is The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

1) That physique is optimized only for competitions and is not sustainable. During each contest, his body fat % is around 5-6 %. Considering your height, around 200 lbs in total.
2) Anything that suits your daily routine. Just make sure that for now, you don't go more than 200 kcal in surpuls, or you'll get unnecessary fat. You need it to build muscle, but aldo tend to consume more full meals. Aim for around 1 gram per pound of body weight daily.
3) Do what works best for you. Train, and see how much it takes for your muscles to fully recover from an optimal workout. Split your workout the way it works best for your body. You can gain similar results going 5x a week, just as doing 4x or 3x a week splits. See what works best for you. For this, experiment different workouts, get accountable, and see how your progress changes with your decisions.
4) 15-20 years.
5) See what works for you. Do it. Take your time. Your body will start responding differently once you get more intermediate.
6) Don't dirty bulk. Please just don't take bulking too far. Nutrition makes 70% of your progress. Overtraining can be a problem too, but most people just far underestimate how hard they train. Know when to stop and see how much it takes for your muscles to recover. Train with weights around 45 mins per workout with high high intensity. Do 20 mins cardio, it matters a lot too. Right lifing form is important. Good intense training and healthy higher protein meals will work for you.
7) See what works best for you and take it easy. It's a huge marathon. Skip drugs. Rethink about competing, and if you're serious, you'll know when you're ready for it. Reach most of your natural potential before getting into the unnatural lifting. You're ready when your progress dramatically slows down with the very best strategy you had results with.

Your muscles are the result of your living environment and time.

Don't worry, the book explains it all. It's like TMF for bodybuilding.
Dude, What an awesome explanation! I'll defo start reading that book now.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
1. Not natural. People lie. Google "natural bodybuilding show" and go to images. That's what is realistic for you.

I also didn't link goal sumo. That happens anytime you say goals.

2. Your goal of Chris Bumstead and this other random bodybuilder I've never heard of are both unrealistic. I think you should start by getting an actually realistic goal. You went from saying you want to have the same physique as the best bodybuilder in the world to saying you want to have the physique of the best "natural" bodybuilder in the world.

If that's your goal -- great.

Unfortunately, genetics play a critical role in sports.

For example, I'll never run as fast as Usain Bolt. I could practice my sprint every day for the rest of my life but it doesn't matter...

I think you need to start with a wake-up call.

3. Now you're being ridiculous... How would I be able to determine any of these things based off of your forum post? You're trying to ride with nitrous while still falling over using training-wheels.

I don't know if you should bulk. I don't know if you should cut. Myfitnesspal is fine it's mostly used to track caloric intake...

Don't start asking questions like "is chicken good? what time of the lunar equinox should I consume protein? creatine makes me not natural?"

I don't mean to be rude but I think you're a bit young and naïve. Hell -- I still am myself. You can't conquer the world with no life experience. I respect the ambition but it's very misplaced. Just take it slow... Start at step 1.

Get a gym membership. Lift something. Eat some protein.

Start there as I'm kinda doubting you've even done that yet...

I've mentioned that I've been going gym consistently for 4 months, but I have been going for a year now overall. I am not "naively" asking, but trying to gain more structure to my workouts now. As well as produce long terms plans for this goal of mine. Also, for the best natural body could you present an image? I know Dr. Swole is a good example.

In terms of dieting, what kind of information should I provide further? Since, I've shared my entire info about me that I possibly could right at the top.

I understand genetics play a huge role in our development, but, I know there could be limitations to my body.

So, tell me bro - how would you tell me to do things in a certain order?

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 10, 2023

Fat - 22%
Muscle - 47%

Questions:

7. How to save years???

If you are natural, search for specific training methods for natties. Enhanced athletes train different (volume focused) than natural (low reps and progressive overload). Search for Layne Norton and his friend 3dmj_godfather on insta

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I've mentioned that I've been going gym consistently for 4 months, but I have been going for a year now overall. I am not "naively" asking, but trying to gain more structure to my workouts now. As well as produce long terms plans for this goal of mine. Also, for the best natural body could you present an image? I know Dr. Swole is a good example.

In terms of dieting, what kind of information should I provide further? Since, I've shared my entire info about me that I possibly could right at the top.

I understand genetics play a huge role in our development, but, I know there could be limitations to my body.

So, tell me bro - how would you tell me to do things in a certain order?
You're still not understanding.

The "goal" of yours is not happening. Never happening. It's a dream. An unrealistic and unachievable dream.

And no I cannot provide a singular image.

Here... I'll try to give you some direction.

Scroll through this: WNBF UK (@wnbf_uk) • Instagram photos and videos

That's a link to the Instagram for the World Natural Bodybuilding Federation for the UK. You can assume most of the competitors there are natural, some may not be as there's plenty of ways to pass a dope test. Fat burners aren't always tested for, nor diuretics.

Point is...

Your "goal" of being the best in the world at anything needs a reality check.

The athletes you're posting as inspiration aren't natural, and they're quite literally the best in the world. You are not the best in the world in terms of muscular growth and bodyfat or else you'd already show dramatic signs of it and wouldn't need to be asking this question.

Have you ever seen a picture of Phil Heath back when he was in high-school playing basketball? What about Chris Bumstead in high-school when he was on the football team? Lee priest back when he was 16 years old?

These are genetic freaks. You and I are not that and will never be. Please wrap your head around this concept.

However... again... you can be the best you!

Do I have an image for the best you to provide you an example? No I don't. But I'm assuming it's about average. Hence my link to the WNBF for the UK given just above...

You can expect to achieve a physique that resembles that of quite literally every other natural competitor.

Start by getting a clearer and more realistic goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
You're still not understanding.

The "goal" of yours is not happening. Never happening. It's a dream. An unrealistic and unachievable dream.

And no I cannot provide a singular image.

Here... I'll try to give you some direction.

Scroll through this: WNBF UK (@wnbf_uk) • Instagram photos and videos

That's a link to the Instagram for the World Natural Bodybuilding Federation for the UK. You can assume most of the competitors there are natural, some may not be as there's plenty of ways to pass a dope test. Fat burners aren't always tested for, nor diuretics.

Point is...

Your "goal" of being the best in the world at anything needs a reality check.

The athletes you're posting as inspiration aren't natural, and they're quite literally the best in the world. You are not the best in the world in terms of muscular growth and bodyfat or else you'd already show dramatic signs of it and wouldn't need to be asking this question.

Have you ever seen a picture of Phil Heath back when he was in high-school playing basketball? What about Chris Bumstead in high-school when he was on the football team? Lee priest back when he was 16 years old?

These are genetic freaks. You and I are not that and will never be. Please wrap your head around this concept.

However... again... you can be the best you!

Do I have an image for the best you to provide you an example? No I don't. But I'm assuming it's about average. Hence my link to the WNBF for the UK given just above...

You can expect to achieve a physique that resembles that of quite literally every other natural competitor.

Start by getting a clearer and more realistic goal.
I get you know.
Essentially my goal is - to be the best me. not you, not them, but best me

Thanks for clearing that out fully man.

So, how do I be the best me? What can I do?

How does one do that? What are my long term and short term goals to be the best me?

For instance, what stage should I reach to know if my genes are good or not?

For instance, certain assessments at different points.

Thank u for constantly replying dude.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
  7. How to save years???

Without anabolic steroids:

1. 7-9% body fat would be ideal
2. Near impossible to do both at the same time, but I would aim for 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. Complex carbs and fats are fine.
3. Sure. A rule of thumb to follow: soreness is fine, pain is not.
4. Anywhere from 3-6 years to reach your maximum genetic potential.
5. Read scientific studies on hypertrophy, muscle protein synthesis & supplements to adapt them into your workouts.
6. Listening to too many people who had no idea what they were talking about
7. Read 'Bigger Leaner Stronger' by Mike Matthews and 'Starting Strength' by Mark Rippetoe.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I get you know.
Essentially my goal is - to be the best me. not you, not them, but best me

Thanks for clearing that out fully man.

So, how do I be the best me? What can I do?

How does one do that? What are my long term and short term goals to be the best me?

For instance, what stage should I reach to know if my genes are good or not?

For instance, certain assessments at different points.

Thank u for constantly replying dude.

Glad you're starting to understand.

The next step is to clarify what you mean by being the "best you" without the use of a picture.

What does being the "best you" look like to you? Describe it in words, not images.

Is it a certain bodyfat percentage? Certain weight? Certain level of strength? Do you just want to have abs? Are you trying to impress girls?

Be clear in what your goal is here. Don't send me an image.

Define your goal in words and maybe I can give you a sense of direction.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Fat - 22%
Muscle - 47%

Questions:

7. How to save years???

A. Maybe never, you need a very specific set of genetics to be that ripped. CBUM shoots up a shit ton of steroids and human growth hormone. HE wouldn't look like that without the drugs.

That being said, you should expect at least 13 years of consistent gym work and good living to reach YOUR maximum potential.

How should I adapt my gym workouts so I reach the goal?

A. Tough to answer this one because I don't know what you do. But what worked for me was watching and following Jeff from Athlean X, that guy puts the science into lifting.

7. How to save years???

A. There is no shortcut that doesn't involve drugs that will be harmful to your long-term health. Plus, what's the hurry? Hopefully, you plan on being alive for many decades, so why rush? Don't end up like Joe Linder, such a lovely guy, yet dead at 30 for chasing a bullshit aesthetic dream.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tZE5gnEbqA&t=8s

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
CBUM has 1 in a billion genetics, you wouldn't even get close to him even WITH all the drugs in the world.

That being said, you can look amazing, just reorient your end goal.

I think realistic peak natty is something like kinobody (who still has 1 in a million genetics) but it's a lot more realistic.

For reference, I've done everything dam near perfect (training, diet etc) for 13 years and only in the last 3 years have I had a 'finished' physique.

Strap in for the long haul bud. It's a lifestyle that teaches you a lot about life and yourself.

This is all you need:

- Eat real food. 1g protein/lb of bw w/ 300 calorie deficit. (fill in carbs and fats how you like)
- When you reach 12% bf, go into 300 calorie surplus until 18%
- Rinse and repeat the above steps

- Use a tried and true, push pull legs routine (there are no magic exercises), and get stronger at the exercises.
- Stay consistent for 3-5 years + (you don't need new routines)

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
A. There is no shortcut that doesn't involve drugs that will be harmful to your long-term health. Plus, what's the hurry? Hopefully, you plan on being alive for many decades, so why rush? Don't end up like Joe Linder, such a lovely guy, yet dead at 30 for chasing a bullshit aesthetic dream.

I'm all for staying healthy, but the cause of death for Joe is very much up in the air. He was known for safe usage, and constant bloodwork...

Speaking of bloodwork, it was always good, until he had 3x covid shots...and then had issues with his blood, make of that what you will.

He told this story 2 weeks before his death.

Edoardo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Aug 31, 2022
By looking like a dried bacon you're not achieving the best "you", just a piece of advice. The best you is not achieved by an end result that makes you look like dried bacon, but by the daily actions you take towards yourself and others, how you control yourself and how you give value to the world. This guy literally doesn't look healthy nor desirable, he doesn't look like he has many years of life left, I don't see how one may want to replicate him other than hangups regarding its own body. My two cents

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I'm all for staying healthy, but the cause of death for Joe is very much up in the air. He was known for safe usage, and constant bloodwork...

Speaking of bloodwork, it was always good, until he had 3x covid shots...and then had issues with his blood, make of that what you will.

He told this story 2 weeks before his death.

Maybe Joe was a bad example, perhaps I should have used Rich Pianna, or the guy (whose name I forget) who can't even walk without crutches.

There is no such thing as safe usage by the way, that is a myth that I think if Joe were alive today, he'd help dispel.

Here's a list of 28 bodybuilders who passed away between 2017 and 2020, I'm sure they all felt they were being safe.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.