The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How not to go crazy? (draining day routine)

Anything related to matters of the mind

jerryB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 25, 2018
Hi,

Haven't been here for a while, but I've generally been very busy with.. life.

I work 9-5 (well actually from 8-10 to 4-6, I can choose).
I try to schedule my day so I can have time for well work, gym(losing weight), learning langauges, trying to start my online business, learning economy/financial literacy and many more.

I am a person with many ambitions(I don't even know if it's good or bad right now..).
The thing is, I cannot f*cking find time for all of this!

Let me explain this circle of hell:

I wake up, go to work.
I work from 9 to 5.

I'm not obese or anything, however I have this stubborn belly fat which I'm trying to lose..I've tried many approaches, however what works for me is cardio and lifting weights.

So I'm at the gym right after the work, let's say 5:30. I need to do some lifting(45 minutes) and then another 45 minutes of cardio(hate intervals, so my cardio is steady state cardio).

When I'm home I'm F*cking drained.. My body and my brain just want to go to bed, however I'm still trying with all my power to learn something, work a bit on websites, and stuff.

I am also learning a foreign language because I live abroad, so I have to learn it.. but I would love to start with one more language.. Also I want to learn about finances, management.. all those things you need to know.

And then the worst happens.. I'm getting pissed that I'm so F*cking drained and can't focus and everything and then I end up eating some additional calories, getting pissed at my self that I failed and the cycle begins again. Then I go to work next day pissed as hell, can't focus on work, can't focus on anything.. I go to gym, skip cardio because I'm like "it's not even gonna work".. rinse, repeat.

My problem is time.
I know it, because before I was hired and had time for everything I was in shape, good mood, etc.. now I'm really getting pissed at things, and can't achieve my goals, can't stick to a routine.. basically everything is falling apart.

What should I do? Eliminate things from my routine? Try to change my mindset?

I'm thinking that I'm trying to do too much..but I don't want to give up anything because I hate wasting time. It's just so hard to give up any of these activities..Or maybe I should?

Or Maybe I should rather wake up super early(4 AM) do my shit and then go to work? Well, I tried it however it was difficult for me to fall asleep early(so I could wake up at 4) so I ended up falling asleep at 1 AM and getting 3 hours of sleep total..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Hi,

I try to schedule my day so I can have time for well work, gym(losing weight), learning langauges, trying to start my online business, learning economy/financial literacy and many more.

I am a person with many ambitions(I don't even know if it's good or bad right now..).

I wake up, go to work.
I work from 9 to 5.

I'm not obese or anything, however I have this stubborn belly fat which I'm trying to lose..I've tried many approaches, however what works for me is cardio and lifting weights.

So I'm at the gym right after the work, let's say 5:30. I need to do some lifting(45 minutes) and then another 45 minutes of cardio(hate intervals, so my cardio is steady state cardio).

When I'm home I'm F*cking drained.. My body and my brain just want to go to bed, however I'm still trying with all my power to learn something, work a bit on websites, and stuff.

I am also learning a foreign language because I live abroad, so I have to learn it.. but I would love to start with one more language.. Also I want to learn about finances, management.. all those things you need to know.

And then the worst happens.. I'm getting pissed that I'm so F*cking drained and can't focus and everything and then I end up eating some additional calories, getting pissed at my self that I failed and the cycle begins again. Then I go to work next day pissed as hell, can't focus on work, can't focus on anything.. I go to gym, skip cardio because I'm like "it's not even gonna work".. rinse, repeat.

My problem is time.
I know it, because before I was hired and had time for everything I was in shape, good mood, etc.. now I'm really getting pissed at things, and can't achieve my goals, can't stick to a routine.. basically everything is falling apart.

I'm thinking that I'm trying to do too much..but I don't want to give up anything because I have wasting time. It's just so hard to give up any of these activities..Or maybe I should?
How is your sleep? In terms of hours and quality? I have the same schedule as your.. possibly worse. I get 5 hours of sleep a night on weekdays. I use a CPAP to maximize oxegenation while sleeping. It makes a massive difference. Before I started using a CPAP I could sleep 7-8 hours and not feel as energized as I do now. Diet will also impact energy.

Ultimately, given the position we are in, you have to be willing to be very uncomfortable mentally. You will be drained most of the time. It's just the nature of what we have to do. It may benefit you to not hit the gym each day and allow your nervous system a chance to recoup.

jerryB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 25, 2018
How is your sleep? In terms of hours and quality? I have the same schedule as your.. possibly worse. I get 5 hours of sleep a night on weekdays. I use a CPAP to maximize oxegenation while sleeping. It makes a massive difference. Before I started using a CPAP I could sleep 7-8 hours and not feel as energized as I do now. Diet will also impact energy.

Ultimately, given the position we are in, you have to be willing to be very uncomfortable mentally. You will be drained most of the time. It's just the nature of what we have to do. It may benefit you to not hit the gym each day and allow your nervous system a chance to recoup.

My sleep is very.. average. I try to squeeze as much from sleep as I can, but sometimes I have problems falling asleep. Generally I try to sleep 7 hours but varies.

Not to mention, that I'm also pissed because of my calorie deficit.. I don't want to give up gym and healthy eating..

D

Deleted50669

My sleep is very.. average. I try to squeeze as much from sleep as I can, but sometimes I have problems falling asleep. Generally I try to sleep 7 hours but varies.
Yea, 7 hours is a lot by many people's standards. Another strategy is to implement "mercy days" where you get off the gas pedal once or twice a week and do something relaxing. At the end of the day a human depletes just like a gas tank, and every engine (person) burns through gas at a different rate. Would help you to be mindful of when you just need to step away for a day, you'll come back mentally refreshed.

jerryB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 25, 2018
Yeah, 7 hours is usually my total time in bed.

How do you manage it?

D

Deleted50669

Yeah, 7 hours is usually my total time in bed.

How do you manage it?
When I'm working on my app it's usually after a boxing or lifting workout. I do my coding work in 20 minute spurts, with 5 minute breaks (unless I'm really deep into a function and can't afford to get distracted). In the morning I eat carbs to give my brain glucose for the day. At night I hydrate well and eat protein for workout recovery. I usually pick either Saturday or Sunday to go on a date or see friends, to regain my sanity. My overall weekly goal is to log as much time on my app as I do at work.. so that comes out to about 6 hours on weeknights and 10 hours over the weekend. I usually end up getting 35-40 hours in per week with that approach.

jerryB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 25, 2018
And you manage to keep yourself sane? with 5 hours of sleep..?

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018

Yes, that's what you need.

I've been there too, and only leads to madness. Paradoxically, the worst thing is not the physical amount of things to do, but the mental, constant overhead they create, making you unable to focus on anything without that voice in the background saying "you also have to do this other 4 important things later!". If you had 24 waking hours a day available, you'd still have the same problem. Your problem is not time, your problem is the amount of things you've got on your plate. Spending 16 hours on 1 thing will be much less of a hassle than spending 4 hours on 4 different things. Same amount of total time, complete different amount of pain, inability to focus, and sense of slow progress.

Last advice: read a book called Essentialism, it explains all of this much better than me.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
I've got an idea for you although it will seem counter intuitive. I've been in your situation before.

Before that though, waking up at 4 will help, because you get to set the pace for your day rather than fretting about the clock as soon as you wake up.

That being said, I have felt like that before, and I think it has more to do with how you perceive time rather than how much you actually have. You are getting stressed out because you feel like you have an extreme scarcity of time. I think that stress and the associated frame of mind is the real problem affecting your productivity.

So my tip is, when you get home tomorrow, just sit in a chair for a while. See if you can sit there for 15 minutes straight and just chill, think, experience what you are feeling. Let the time go by for a little while. It might help your state of mind, and that might enable you to use your time more effectively.

D

Deleted50669

Have you ever tried getting up very early(3-4 AM), doing all of your things before work and then going to work?
For some people it's exactly what they need. I do my best work at night, so for me it doesn't make sense to put the app work before my job.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
  1. Job
  2. Business
  3. Gym
  4. Language
  5. Finance

That’s five entirely different activities you’re trying to cram into your schedule. Too much at once IMHO.

Choose certain days to do each activity (besides your job of course).

Monday = Business
Tuesday = Finance
Wednesday = Language
Etc...

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
You're doing too much mental and physical activity in a day. There is no reason to be in the gym for 90 min while being in a calorie deficit.
Fix your diet and decrease your workout first.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Have you ever tried getting up very early(3-4 AM), doing all of your things before work and then going to work?

I'd say to try this along with the other advice. Do you want to spend the majority of your energy on your 9-5 or on your other things?

You could try this:
4am-9am — Go to gym (you don't need more than 1 hour in the gym), eat high protein breakfast, work on business (spend most of your energy on what's most important)
9am-5pm — Work
5pm-8pm — Learning language and finance (you can lounge around during this time and these activities are probably less mentally intensive than working on your business)
8pm-4am — GOOD sleep (earplugs + eyemask/dark room will really help)

Cutting out sugar and simple carbs will prevent crashes and keep you mentally clear.

Also you should do your research but maybe consider intermittent fasting.

I respect your hustle.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Try Zhan Zhuang Standing Meditation and Wim Hof method for ur energy needs.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Let's get some perspective here.

I wake up, go to work.
I work from 9 to 5.

You have 24h per day.

You work 9-5, go to the gym and work 90 min. That's is 10 hours. You have 14 left.

You sleep 7 hours. Or at least aim too.

You have 7 hours left. What are you doing with those hours?

Few things here.

1. Focus on your nutrition. Make sustainable changes. Think process over events.

2. Maybe your body is telling you something? As in: reduce the amount of stuffs you make it go through.

3. Use to had HIIT. Love it now. The biggest bonus is you get a solid workout in a short amount of time.

4. Am not a big fan of crazy workouts. For the most part I work out at about 80-90% of my capacity. Occasionally I go full on.

Check this out.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0m0Vt3JF4

Again, process over events.

I work often, to be healthy. Not aiming to win any competition.

And stretch. Stretch. Stretch. And once you are done ... F*cking stretch again.

I'm thinking that I'm trying to do too much..but I don't want to give up anything because I hate wasting time. It's just so hard to give up any of these activities..Or maybe I should?

You will always have more things to do that you can handle. Entrepreneurship world.

You can do anything. But not everything.

Delegate. Eliminate. Build systems. And prioritize.

jerryB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 25, 2018
Thanks for the response, guys.

You have 7 hours left. What are you doing with those hours?

Commuting, eating, resting a little. It leaves me about 4-5 hours total.

When it comes to working out, I will introduce some changes.
HIIT might be the solution here(as much as I hate it).

The problem with my workout is that I tried to reduce cardio so and just balance my macros and calories, but it would always lead to a stall and the metabolism would just slow down.
So then I introduce cardio, but I have this feeling that this super-intensive lifestyle increases my cortisol(because I'm in constant physical and mental stress) and then my weight loss stalls again.. rinse, repeat.

I used to follow a very strict diet and training program from a personal trainer like couple of months ago. Basically one hour of cardio every day, 4 times weight training, big calorie deficit. The weight loss was quite rapid but I just couldn't handle this lifestyle. However it worked! And I'm sort of trying to introduce this training again, but on one hand it's just killing me mentally, on the other hand it gives me results..
So what's better? Results or going crazy?

In terms of diet and sugar, I've been on keto for a while, however had some carb cheat days recently because just couldn't handle this stress..It was stupid and I'm quitting carbs again.

When it comes to sleep, I think I'm just going to force myself to wake up at 4AM.
4:00-4:30 - shower, food.
4:30 - 7:30 - studying.
8:00 - 9:20 - lifting + HIIT cardio.

then work, shopping, eating, shower, maybe reading couple of pages of a book, and going to bed..

But one question guys.

How to do this? How to get this discipline? How to not lose faith in the process? One of my problems is losing faith.. Sometimes I'm just like "screw this, I'll never achieve this anyway" and then I give up..

One thing is that I'm a perfectionist.. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.. However I'm thinking that here it might not be so beneficial, because one "imperfection" can lead to a total collapse of my daily routine.

lejus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 8, 2017
UK
OK first thing first. Yes cardio post weight lifting is best for burning fat... it will also kill you. Check research or Dorian Yates interviews if you aim for best recovery you alternate days of cardio and weight lifting, so weightlifting one day and another day cardio, this will give you additional 45 minutes a day. Will it slow down fat burning? A little bit, but your recovery will improve a lot and fat burning will still happen. Your diet is 80% of your results you can't outrun a bad diet. Get 5 small meals a day, 300 kcal deficit daily (not more than 500 deficit with busy life), you will slowly but steady shred that fat. 1 cheat meal a week or 1 cheat day every 2 weeks when you eat how much you want of whatever you want to refeed your body and restart metabolism. You don't want extreme fat loss and then extreme yo yo effect, mental fog, burnout and all that. You want to change your lifestyle not burn that fat. 4 hour body has some shortcuts if you want to do things even faster but I prefer a bit more hardcore myself.

Another thing I see here is stress, you put a lot on yourself, start with every activity you do, done for one pomodoro, so language learning just one pomodoro (if you don't know what pomodoro is you should google it), business one pomodoro, gym one pomodoro, education one pomodoro. Between pomodoros do yoga to lower your stress. Add meditation. With that plan you covered all of your areas in 2 hours only, can you do more? Probably, but don't, go to bed, relax, meditate, read, have family time, call your friends, after about 6 weeks when those habits are established, you can pick one habit you care about the most and move it to 2 pomodoros, repeat every 6 weeks.

You omitted 2 things. First what do you do with your toilet visits :innocent: :halo::rofl: commute, lunch time? You should not wait for the bus without audiobook/podcast on business/finance/language learning, you should not eat lunch time without headphones with the same, you should not go to toilet without headphones on( or place book in your toilet for number 2)! Even audiobook for number 1! Just number 1 assuming you go 3 times a day, it's 7 minutes, that is 20 minutes of education more a day, this is over 2 hours a week, assuming average audiobook being 7 hours this is extra almost 15 books a year! For me all the time wasted on the commute, cycling, cardio + 1 hours of reading a day (30 min when I wake up and 30 minutes before sleep) adds up easily to over 50 books a year I can't imagine I pee, commute or cycle way more than the average person but maybe. Even if for you this will be less you still add a lot of education in time that is normally wasted.

The second thing you omitted is your days off work, I assume you don't work 7 days a week it's either 5 or 6, on those days you have 16 hours what do you do? My guess is... you rest. You are so drained that you can't even think of an activity, correct me if I'm wrong. Every time you make big plans but don't execute, I've been there. Those days you can use different schedule lets say 2 pomodoros on each activity, and start them with yoga and meditation, this will lower your whole week stress without staring at netflix and not moving for next 2 days. If you really need take one day a week off. but listen to Jocko advice on that:
View: https://youtu.be/N3t-em026ec

As for waking up at 4 am it's a good idea but it is not easy. Also at the start with 4 pomodoros you just need to get up 2-3 hours earlier which is most likely not 4 am. I would start with getting up 30 min earlier, doing morning mobility routine and 5-10 min of meditation. After 6 weeks you want to add another 1 minute to meditation till you reach 20-40 min on your workday and ideally double that on your days off work. This will seriously increase your focus and lower stress. Eventually, add another 30 min earlier wake up and move one Pomodoro from after work to morning see does that work. I've done 4:30 for a while, I need to be physically at my business at 10 and kids don't go to sleep till 9 pm sometimes later so eventually 6 am is where I settled. It is great because there is no distractions and you get stuff done so fast but, there is a price to pay and it's not for everyone.

D

Deleted50669

Thanks for the response, guys.

Commuting, eating, resting a little. It leaves me about 4-5 hours total.

When it comes to working out, I will introduce some changes.
HIIT might be the solution here(as much as I hate it).

The problem with my workout is that I tried to reduce cardio so and just balance my macros and calories, but it would always lead to a stall and the metabolism would just slow down.
So then I introduce cardio, but I have this feeling that this super-intensive lifestyle increases my cortisol(because I'm in constant physical and mental stress) and then my weight loss stalls again.. rinse, repeat.

I used to follow a very strict diet and training program from a personal trainer like couple of months ago. Basically one hour of cardio every day, 4 times weight training, big calorie deficit. The weight loss was quite rapid but I just couldn't handle this lifestyle. However it worked! And I'm sort of trying to introduce this training again, but on one hand it's just killing me mentally, on the other hand it gives me results..
So what's better? Results or going crazy?

In terms of diet and sugar, I've been on keto for a while, however had some carb cheat days recently because just couldn't handle this stress..It was stupid and I'm quitting carbs again.

When it comes to sleep, I think I'm just going to force myself to wake up at 4AM.
4:00-4:30 - shower, food.
4:30 - 7:30 - studying.
8:00 - 9:20 - lifting + HIIT cardio.

then work, shopping, eating, shower, maybe reading couple of pages of a book, and going to bed..

But one question guys.

How to do this? How to get this discipline? How to not lose faith in the process? One of my problems is losing faith.. Sometimes I'm just like "screw this, I'll never achieve this anyway" and then I give up..

One thing is that I'm a perfectionist.. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.. However I'm thinking that here it might not be so beneficial, because one "imperfection" can lead to a total collapse of my daily routine.
It's very easy to have faith in a pursuit you're confident will be profitable. It's easier to tolerate hell when your target is heaven.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
all those things you need to know.

TL;DR: Loose job, gain 8 hours per day.

It might sound cocky.
You seem to want to do everything in a business before you even start one.
And you beat yourself if you are not an artists (like designer) and your own CPA at same time.
For real. Find something that would bring you freedom from your job
and then learn to be that artist CPA that makes hand drawn charts of revenue.
You don't need MBA for that.

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
You are definitely trying to do too many things per day. I read all the previous posts and 'liked' those that had good ideas. However, you're spinning your wheels and too much advice is just going to stress you out more, trying to follow all of it. As someone else said, your problem isn't time. I finish the sentence differently, though. Your problem isn't time, it's lack of clarity and focus.

Have you considered a coach? Someone to help you prioritize and set goals? Not advice - guidance to understand your true desires for your life and map a path to get there.

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
I totally sympathize with you, the same situation over here. Can't figure out how to find more time for everything and I don't even have kids. Plus I work from 6-2 and have 8-9 hours for my activities. In my case learning another language (pain in the a$$) is the most time-consuming.
I really hope that some of you with more experience can help us.

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 11, 2018
Hey @jerryB

You don't have a time problem. You have behavior problem.

I second what several people said here. You're taking on too much that can fit on your plate.

2 years ago, I tried to change my life by drastically changing my schedule. I went from:
  • waking up at 9-10am
  • no workout
  • working 4-6 hours per day,
  • not really reading
to:
  • waking up at 5am
  • working out every day
  • working 8 to 12 hours per day
  • reading as many books as I could
  • meditating
  • daily journaling
literally overnight. I was so motivated! Well, it lasted about two months. I didn't quite burnout after those 2 months, but not far from it. Felt down, unmotivated, helpless, low energy. The change was too drastic. Too much too soon, too often.

It was draining the life out of me. I felt so bad. I wanted so much to be productive. I felt like a failure. After all, if Gary Vaynerchuck can pull it, why couldn't I?

My first suggestion: have fun.
I'm not saying play video games. But find a way to tie what you want to accomplish to a way of doing it that will be a challenge for you, and make you enjoy the process.
What you describe, it sounds a lot to me like you do these things for the sake of the result, and only that. No, please, stop doing that.

Taking about Gary Vee, yes, the guy is a crazy hustler, but he wouldn't trade it for the world. He freakin' love each second of what he does every day (ok maybe not each second, I might be exaggerating a bit, but still, he loves getting up and getting to work).
Enjoy the process, and you'll need way less motivation, if at all.

When I'm home I'm F*cking drained. My body and my brain just want to go to bed, however I'm still trying with all my power to learn something, work a bit on websites, and stuff.

That's exactly what NOT to do; relying on willpower and motivation to achieve tasks or goals. The only safe and healthy way is through habits.

My second suggestion : take it easy! Not in the "let's procrastinate" way, but simply keep in mind that all lasting human behavior happens through habit. And habits are created slowly, gradually, over time.

Pick ONE thing, the most important to you (is it a new business? Health/working out? Learning a new language?) . Make it so it's incredibly easy to start and you do it every day, and go from there,

Once you get into the habit, increase slowly the length or difficulty (or both) of the activity.
When it's truly a part of your daily life, only then add something new, and repeat the process.

But the moment you rely on willpower and motivation to get things done, you're f*cked.
Yes, they are necessary to get started, but not to keep going.

Here are some resources I urge you to check out.

Two books:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy

And James Clear's blog, especially his pages on Habits and Behavioral psychology.
The guy's a freakin' Bible of behavioral psychology and habits geared at productivity and a better life in general.

Cheers!

Last edited:

tapikaipsihremos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 9, 2019
greece
Hi,

I wake up, go to work.
I work from 9 to 5.

My problem is time.

Or Maybe I should rather wake up super early(4 AM) do my shit and then go to work? Well, I tried it however it was difficult for me to fall asleep early(so I could wake up at 4) so I ended up falling asleep at 1 AM and getting 3 hours of sleep total..

In my opinion you workout too long. Cut that down to 1 hour or 45 minutes when you hit the gym. If you want up the intesity of the workout. Also don't go to the gym more than 3 times per week. Do conditioning workouts 2 days per week.they can be strictly bodyweight so you save time by not going to the gym and stuff.

Finally,
If you are building your body you must be eating 5 to 7 meals per day.That just kills your time.Maybe you should consider eating larger meals.
This is going to be controversial. I've been on the carnivore diet for 4 months. I eat 3 meals a day and I am usually never hungry. I've built muscle and lost fat. Don't ask me for stats I haven't been keeping track. I use the Athlean x program exercises. He also has a youtube channel that is pure gold .
Hope this helps.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Any improvements since starting this thread? Because I have some recommendations, but just as a heads up - the most important part is "Getting Realistic," because I think you have it all wrong.

Time Blocking:

First of all, if you are 100% certain that you want to do all of these activities that you have listed and have acknowledged the sacrifices you will need to make, then you are going to need to block out your schedule.

You don't need to be doing everything every day. Block out your time so you are focusing on ONE thing for at least 80% of your time after work (not including exercise).

Exercise & Diet:

It sounds to me like you are overkilling it here and overestimating what needs to be done in order to get into great shape. I'm in the best shape of my life right now lifting 3X per week (and I also eat twice a day @tapikaipsihremos ).

It's all calories, which I am sure you have heard.

At the very least - cut your amount of days lifting down.

If I were you, I would literally cut out cardio completely and just do intermittent fasting + lift 3 times a week.

This will give you so much more time and energy - which is exactly what you are looking for.

Additionally, I would try to put my exercise at the beginning of the day so that I can rest for a bit after work. (15-20 minutes of meditation)

Getting Realistic:

With the adjustments to your schedule and your exercise/diet, I still think that you need to be more objective in the way that you are viewing things.

You are trying to cram so much into so little time, and let me tell you something: IT IS OBJECTIVELY COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.

If you spent 6 months straight on building a business - and focused on JUST THAT ONE THING (outside of work) then you would get more done in that 6 months then you would in 3 years of trying to juggle all of that shit.

You need to focus on what is essential in the here and now.

Ask yourself: "What is my primary goal? What do I want most out of life? Over the next 12 weeks, what one thing could I achieve that would change my life the most?"

That will become your north star towards which all of your actions are directed. And let me just add:

This doesn't mean that you ignore your health and maintain your current weight.
This doesn't mean that you stop learning the language you need to learn while in your location.
This doesn't mean that you forget learning about finances.

It simply means that you do what is necessary and remove the fluff.

So...

If you're here, then I assume you want to build a business.

If you want to build a business, it isn't really necessary to read a bunch of books on finances and stuff beforehand.

So please, get clear on exactly what it is that you want and focus on the single most important goal that will get you there in X amount of time.

Are business, learning languages, learning finances, your job, and whatever else - all of equal importance when it comes to creating the life that you want?

If not, then don't treat them that way. Set clear priorities that are reflected in the amount of time that you give to each.

The takeaway:
In trying to be everything you achieve nothing. Even Leonardo DaVinci took his big projects on one at a time.

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
mate, 45 mins of cardio everyday is not good for you and will actually hurt you in the long run. Limit your caloric intake and you will lose that bellyfat. it's that simple.

Also the majority of fitness advice comes form people taking steroids. If you're a natural lifter, excericing 3-4 times per week is optimal. Your body can't handle the volume of training everyday, it needs to rest.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I have the same problem when working out and cutting weight.

You're in a calorie deficit. That means that your body has less energy than it needs. It tries to make up for that in one of two ways:
  1. Eating more calories (That's what you're doing).
  2. Sleep.
Hence why you're so tired post workout and don't have the literal energy to do anything.

My advice:

Focus on cutting the belly fat. Nothing else for now. Get enough sleep. Sleep is extremely important to cutting fat, gaining muscle, and overall health.

Once you get that done, go back to adding on other goals and activities.

Jeremy Ethier

Watch this guy's videos. Even consider signing up for his course (I did and highly recommend it).

Your aim should be to cut 0.7% of your weight per week. That's the optimal amount for maintaining muscle while cutting. So... Figure out how much you weigh. How many calories you have to cut per day. Hit those numbers.

Chances are that you're under eating for maximum performance, and that there's room to eat a bit more. Start tracking your calories. Get obsessive about it.

Once the belly fat is gone, you can switch to maintaining your weight, which will allow you to no longer have depleted energy. You'll feel fine again and have the energy to pursue your other goals.

Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.