The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Daily Routine? How can you improve it?

Anything related to matters of the mind

persistencyiskey

F the BS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Oct 18, 2017
Austin, TX
Hey,

As an avid self improvement reader and lifelong learner, I'm always looking for ways to become inspired and to improve my daily routine.

Below is my typical day to day, as well as a list of where I feel as though I need to improve.

I figured I'd ask you all as well, "what is your daily routine?", so that we can all learn from each other.

Also, by detailing out our routines and then specifically listing out where we need to improve, we can become more aware of our day to day habits and begin to hold ourselves more accountable for what specifically we must change!

Morning

-Wake up typically around 745-815 am
-While in bathroom and brushing teeth/washing face I try to become very aware of my thoughts
-Within first 10 minutes I take my dog out and focus on priming (3 things that I'm grateful for, not just thinking of them, but actually trying to visualize and feel/see them)
-Come back inside and take Athletic Greens (highly recommended)
-Focus on positive visualization for a few minutes, typically on my goals that I'm looking to achieve (really focusing on detailing them out in my head, how it will play it, actually possessing/achieving them, seeing/feeling/hearing, etc)
-Fill out the Five Minute Journal
-Do some basic stretches on a yoga mat, while trying to really focus on the stretching without letting my mind race with too many thoughts
-Sit outside and practice meditation (typically for about 15 minutes or so. I rotate between guided, passage, and/or simply just focusing on breathing in and out).
-Eat a quick breakfast bar, some fruit or some mixed nuts
-Either go to the gym for a workout or go out for a bike ride
-If gym, (on the way there I'll practice negative visualization) I'll work out for about 45 min give or take while listening to music. On the way home I'll throw on a positive self talk audio (www.selftalkplus.com <-- free 30 day trial then like $20/mo, highly highly recommended)
-If bike ride, I'll ride for a few miles (listening to a positive self talk audio) and then find a nice spot to sit down (depending on where I am, I typically look for a nice quiet area by a lake, or by the beach). I'll take off my headphones and just sit in stillness for 10-15 minutes give or take, sometimes more sometimes less, just observing the scenery, how it feels, how I feel and trying to not let irrelevant thoughts consume me from the present moment.

By the time that's done it's typically around 10 or 11 am (I don't use my phone to text/call/check emails or anything unrelated to my tasks above until this time (obviously I use it for tracking my bike riding miles, for music, for audios, etc). So I'll drink a quick protein shake with some fruit if I didn't have it earlier, and hop on the computer or check my emails and log into skype on my phone (I use a varidesk standing desk - highly recommended - and I have a 21.5 inch apple monitor)

Afternoon

-Typically from around 11 am through maybe 2-3 pm (sometimes later) I'll get super engaged in my online businesses (which isn't always absolutely necessary to do as the majority of them are mostly automated, but I thoroughly enjoy the thrill/high of hopping online and checking in and seeing what's up, improving things, working on something new, etc). Whether there's pressing stuff that needs to be handled, meetings, or even if it's a slow day (in which I'll go through the motions, read some articles, etc) I'll normally be glued to the computer (and phone) for roughly 3-4 hours more or less.

When I finally get off the computer, I'll typically

-Run some errands/eat lunch
-Take my dog for a 20-30 min walk (I'll throw on my headphones and listen to either a podcast, positive self talk audio (if I didn't earlier), motivational youtube audio/video or more recently listen to an audiobook).
-Sit outside and read a book or listen to one
-Try to sit without any digital devices next to me and get into a relaxing state where I can reflect and spark creativity, realizations and/or breakthroughs (on anything that's pressing at the moment that needs to be resolved, a recent book/audio that I just read or listened to and how I can apply it into my life for the better, random moments and sometimes important moments throughout my life/childhood, why and how I do/think/react to certain things, go through a past scenario and think about ways on how I could've improved my reactions/emotions, etc).
-Write an article/focus on my book
-Hang out with my girlfriend

Late Afternoon

At this point it's normally anywhere from 4-6 pm...

-Typically start thinking about what's for dinner and if I'm going to cook or pick something up, or go out to eat
-Take a cold shower (been consistently doing this for 2+ months now and love it)
-Get on my phone just to do it, maybe text/call/facetime family or friends to check in/catch up

Evening

-If anything is pressing for business, I'll be back on the computer or phone (typically get back on comp/phone anyway even if nothing is pressing just to do it and check on things).
-Sit on the couch and watch TV (typically sports around this time of night) with my girlfriend
-Put my phone on the charger in the living room (typically around 9-10 pm) and go lay down in bed.
-Watch a TV show for a little and then read a fiction book on my kindle until I pass out.

Ways I need to and can improve

-I think that I can do a better job of chopping up my 4-5 hours per day of when I'm glued to the computer with breaks or at least a couple of minutes to just become mindful of the present, breathe, etc. It's a constant battle as I know that it's important to be connected, engaged and focused on my business without distractions, and most days the hours go by quickly (not complaining, as I'm really grateful that I get to work for myself and from wherever and whenever I want, which didn't come easy!) but I definitely can improve here by chopping up the blocks and taking some breaks.

-Less overall digital consumption, especially my phone. I typically use the computer for about 4-5 hours daily and my phone for about 2 hours more or less (sometimes it fluctuates a bit but my target goal is to do under an hour and a half per day on average on my damn phone). I mostly use it for checking emails and skype as well as pointless stuff that can definitely be eliminated. (I use the screen time app for the iPhone to monitor the amount of time I use it, which is highly recommended)

-Become more present. I know that I've definitely improved on this over the years and have purposely set up my lifestyle so that I have more personal time to focus on this, but it's still a goal to continue to progress and improve on.

Really looking forward to learning about your daily routine and ways you need to and can improve!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.