The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Not To Ask For An Amazon Review (and how to ask properly)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
So I've just got this in my inbox

Dear Customer,
Thank you for purchased in EOTW AOWEI STORE.

Have you received our products?

We are here for you to provide customer service. If you meet any issue during use the EOTW products, don't hesitate to contact us for help, we will glad to serve you and let you feel satisfy.

Beside, if you like our products, we sincerely hope you can share your experience to other customers. It will be the great help to us if you leave us a review and a feedback.

Looking forward to your next purchase.
Have a good day :)

Best regards,
EOTW Customer Service

Sounds OK right? Nice and polite, no pressure WRONG!

He just says have you received our products?

WHAT PRODUCTS?

I pretty much use Amazon for everything apart from food, so I have no idea what this company sold me, and I'm not going to bother logging in to find out.

Now here's a review request for a dog towel I bought for my new doggy. I answered this one straight away.

Hi Roli,

We recently launched the Mabel's brand and we cannot thank you enough for purchasing our first ever product and choosing us out of all of our competitors. We hope you and your pup are enjoying your new purchase!

We're absolutely delighted to have you as one of our first customers and would really appreciate your feedback with an Amazon product review. Let us know what you think of the towel (doggie photos encouraged!) here -
LINK REDACTED
Please remember to wash with dark / similar colours only, to avoid any accidents.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to giving your dog more Mabel's products in the future.

Best wishes,
Harry & Mabel

Now look at that, Harry & Mabel's company looks like it's thriving, and this was just probably an auto message sent to me, but hey, they seem to care, and it's a good product, so I gave a great review; and I'll probably buy something from them again.

The first product may well have been an amazing product, it probably was, I send back anything that doesn't satisfy me. However the letter was sterile and left me with no clue as to what the actual thing was.

Plus, what's with that store name!

Quick breakdown

We recently launched the Mabel's brand and we cannot thank you enough for purchasing our first ever product Here they let me know that the product I bought is their flagship product, this made a difference as it piqued my interest as to what else they did, so I had a browse.

We hope you and your pup are enjoying your new purchase! OK so by this line I now know what they're talking about, they haven't mentioned the product, but they mention my dog, so now I know it's a doggy product.

We're absolutely delighted to have you as one of our first customers and would really appreciate your feedback with an Amazon product review. Let us know what you think of the towel (doggie photos encouraged!) here - This for me is great, they show gratitude for my custom, and with the tone of the mail, sounds very genuine. They ask for a review in a passive way, saying that they would appreciate a feedback, and then they confirm exactly what product they're talking about. Then they try and connect with me as a dog owner, which is great, I can almost imagine them smiling as they wrote this. Lastly they give me the exact link, this is Very Important, as it is not asking me to do any extra work by finding out exactly how to leave a review. It assumes that I don't know, and that's a good thing.

Please remember to wash with dark / similar colours only, to avoid any accidents. Great, she gives me a quick product tip. Whilst simple, tells me at once that there is no special care required for the towel (which I was wondering about).

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to giving your dog more Mabel's products in the future. Nice personal closing line, referencing the day they sent it on, this is good psychology as it puts me in an immediate frame of mind. There's none of this 'see you around' type sign-off. Then they remind me that they have other products (which rekindled my earlier piqued interest), plus there is no begging-type request, for me to 'tell my friends!' and you know what? I've told about a dozen people about that towel and 2 of them have bought three between them!

Best wishes,
Harry & Mabel
Again, nice and personal, and they've used their names. So the whole mail has left me with the feeling that they care about their products, and customers, and they are dog lovers, perfecto!

Take note sellers, good luck!!

Oh and if you're a dog owner in the UK (I don't know if they deliver internationally), that dog towel is amazing! After a run in the muddy wet park, it get's our wet hairy mutt dry in no time at all!

I am in no way affiliated with this company and will not receive anything for my free plug.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patrickg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 20, 2016
So I've just got this in my inbox

Dear Customer,
Thank you for purchased in EOTW AOWEI STORE.

Have you received our products?

We are here for you to provide customer service. If you meet any issue during use the EOTW products, don't hesitate to contact us for help, we will glad to serve you and let you feel satisfy.

Beside, if you like our products, we sincerely hope you can share your experience to other customers. It will be the great help to us if you leave us a review and a feedback.

Looking forward to your next purchase.
Have a good day :)

Best regards,
EOTW Customer Service

Sounds OK right? Nice and polite, no pressure WRONG!

He just says have you received our products?

WHAT PRODUCTS?

I pretty much use Amazon for everything apart from food, so I have no idea what this company sold me, and I'm not going to bother logging in to find out.

Now here's a review request for a dog towel I bought for my new doggy. I answered this one straight away.

Hi Roli,

We recently launched the Mabel's brand and we cannot thank you enough for purchasing our first ever product and choosing us out of all of our competitors. We hope you and your pup are enjoying your new purchase!

We're absolutely delighted to have you as one of our first customers and would really appreciate your feedback with an Amazon product review. Let us know what you think of the towel (doggie photos encouraged!) here -LINK REDACTED
Please remember to wash with dark / similar colours only, to avoid any accidents.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to giving your dog more Mabel's products in the future.

Best wishes,
Harry & Mabel

Now look at that, Harry & Mabel's company looks like it's thriving, and this was just probably an auto message sent to me, but hey, they seem to care, and it's a good product, so I gave a great review; and I'll probably buy something from them again.

The first product may well have been an amazing product, it probably was, I send back anything that doesn't satisfy me. However the letter was sterile and left me with no clue as to what the actual thing was.

Plus, what's with that store name!

Quick breakdown

We recently launched the Mabel's brand and we cannot thank you enough for purchasing our first ever product Here they let me know that the product I bought is their flagship product, this made a difference as it piqued my interest as to what else they did, so I had a browse.

We hope you and your pup are enjoying your new purchase! OK so by this line I now know what they're talking about, they haven't mentioned the product, but they mention my dog, so now I know it's a doggy product.

We're absolutely delighted to have you as one of our first customers and would really appreciate your feedback with an Amazon product review. Let us know what you think of the towel (doggie photos encouraged!) here - This for me is great, they show gratitude for my custom, and with the tone of the mail, sounds very genuine. They ask for a review in a passive way, saying that they would appreciate a feedback, and then they confirm exactly what product they're talking about. Then they try and connect with me as a dog owner, which is great, I can almost imagine them smiling as they wrote this. Lastly they give me the exact link, this is Very Important, as it is not asking me to do any extra work by finding out exactly how to leave a review. It assumes that I don't know, and that's a good thing.

Please remember to wash with dark / similar colours only, to avoid any accidents. Great, she gives me a quick product tip. Whilst simple, tells me at once that there is no special care required for the towel (which I was wondering about).

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to giving your dog more Mabel's products in the future. Nice personal closing line, referencing the day they sent it on, this is good psychology as it puts me in an immediate frame of mind. There's none of this 'see you around' type sign-off. Then they remind me that they have other products (which rekindled my earlier piqued interest), plus there is no begging-type request, for me to 'tell my friends!' and you know what? I've told about a dozen people about that towel and 2 of them have bought three between them!

Best wishes,
Harry & Mabel

Again, nice and personal, and they've used their names. So the whole mail has left me with the feeling that they care about their products, and customers, and they are dog lovers, perfecto!

Take note sellers, good luck!!

Oh and if you're a dog owner in the UK (I don't know if they deliver internationally), that dog towel is amazing! After a run in the muddy wet park, it get's our wet hairy mutt dry in no time at all!

I am in no way affiliated with this company and will not receive anything for my free plug.

I love it , spot on. The problem here is simple they were to focused on their selves. If they would have been in the customers shoes they would know that purchase and their brand are insignificant. So remind them who you are and what they bought.

I would even encourage reminding them why, they bought it. It's like you are reselling them. And the new sale is the review. I think if people understood that they would get more reviews. You want someone to take action give them a reason. Otherwise your just lost in the noise.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I would even encourage reminding them why, they bought it.

They do that beautifully in this line (forgot to mention, thanks for reminding)
we look forward to giving your dog more Mabel's products in the future

This remind's me that I'm buying for the dog (which I love) and not myself, it also implies that if my dog loves the towel (he doesn't, I do) then it will love other Mabel's products

Patrickg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 20, 2016
They do that beautifully in this line (forgot to mention, thanks for reminding)
we look forward to giving your dog more Mabel's products in the future

This remind's me that I'm buying for the dog (which I love) and not myself, it also implies that if my dog loves the towel (he doesn't, I do) then it will love other Mabel's products

Spot on! Glad you posted this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Spot on! Glad you posted this.

No problem, just spotted another terrible one in my inbox, this leaves me cold as ice

Dear Roli ,

This will be the last email I send to you.

If you already left the feedback and review before, please just skip this email.

Sorry for the bothering again.

We are contacting you to ensure that your expectations were met for the product you ordered with on Amazon.

Here are the details for the Amazon order: 026-3680414-3307533
B01FYXWBKE: Yier® Stainless Steel Dinner Forks 7.3 inch Set of 12

Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied with this product. If this is not the case, we would appreciate it if you would give us a chance to address your concerns before leaving a product review.
Contact Seller

If you felt that this was a good product, we would be grateful if you would leave us a review by clicking on the following link:
Leave Product Review: Yier® Stainless Steel Dinner Forks 7.3 inch Set of 12

If you've had a pleasant buying experience, we would be grateful if you would leave us feedback by clicking on the following link:
Leave Feedback

Thank You,
Customer Service Team

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
It's crazy that Amazon continues to allow sellers to contact their customers with broken/poor english. There has been a massive influx of Chinese sellers (other countries with English as a second language too) over the past few years and their email follow-ups really standout (I've even received some in Chinese). I can't believe Amazon continues to allow these sellers to email their customers, eventually Amazon will take away all of our ability to email or at the very least every customer is just going to opt-out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.