What's new

How Not To Ask For An Amazon Review (and how to ask properly)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
So I've just got this in my inbox

Dear Customer,
Thank you for purchased in EOTW AOWEI STORE.

Have you received our products?

We are here for you to provide customer service. If you meet any issue during use the EOTW products, don't hesitate to contact us for help, we will glad to serve you and let you feel satisfy.

Beside, if you like our products, we sincerely hope you can share your experience to other customers. It will be the great help to us if you leave us a review and a feedback.

Looking forward to your next purchase.
Have a good day :)

Best regards,
EOTW Customer Service

Sounds OK right? Nice and polite, no pressure WRONG!

He just says have you received our products?

WHAT PRODUCTS?

I pretty much use Amazon for everything apart from food, so I have no idea what this company sold me, and I'm not going to bother logging in to find out.

Now here's a review request for a dog towel I bought for my new doggy. I answered this one straight away.

Hi Roli,

We recently launched the Mabel's brand and we cannot thank you enough for purchasing our first ever product and choosing us out of all of our competitors. We hope you and your pup are enjoying your new purchase!

We're absolutely delighted to have you as one of our first customers and would really appreciate your feedback with an Amazon product review. Let us know what you think of the towel (doggie photos encouraged!) here -
LINK REDACTED
Please remember to wash with dark / similar colours only, to avoid any accidents.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to giving your dog more Mabel's products in the future.

Best wishes,
Harry & Mabel

Now look at that, Harry & Mabel's company looks like it's thriving, and this was just probably an auto message sent to me, but hey, they seem to care, and it's a good product, so I gave a great review; and I'll probably buy something from them again.

The first product may well have been an amazing product, it probably was, I send back anything that doesn't satisfy me. However the letter was sterile and left me with no clue as to what the actual thing was.

Plus, what's with that store name!

Quick breakdown

We recently launched the Mabel's brand and we cannot thank you enough for purchasing our first ever product Here they let me know that the product I bought is their flagship product, this made a difference as it piqued my interest as to what else they did, so I had a browse.

We hope you and your pup are enjoying your new purchase! OK so by this line I now know what they're talking about, they haven't mentioned the product, but they mention my dog, so now I know it's a doggy product.

We're absolutely delighted to have you as one of our first customers and would really appreciate your feedback with an Amazon product review. Let us know what you think of the towel (doggie photos encouraged!) here - This for me is great, they show gratitude for my custom, and with the tone of the mail, sounds very genuine. They ask for a review in a passive way, saying that they would appreciate a feedback, and then they confirm exactly what product they're talking about. Then they try and connect with me as a dog owner, which is great, I can almost imagine them smiling as they wrote this. Lastly they give me the exact link, this is Very Important, as it is not asking me to do any extra work by finding out exactly how to leave a review. It assumes that I don't know, and that's a good thing.

Please remember to wash with dark / similar colours only, to avoid any accidents. Great, she gives me a quick product tip. Whilst simple, tells me at once that there is no special care required for the towel (which I was wondering about).

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to giving your dog more Mabel's products in the future. Nice personal closing line, referencing the day they sent it on, this is good psychology as it puts me in an immediate frame of mind. There's none of this 'see you around' type sign-off. Then they remind me that they have other products (which rekindled my earlier piqued interest), plus there is no begging-type request, for me to 'tell my friends!' and you know what? I've told about a dozen people about that towel and 2 of them have bought three between them!

Best wishes,
Harry & Mabel
Again, nice and personal, and they've used their names. So the whole mail has left me with the feeling that they care about their products, and customers, and they are dog lovers, perfecto!

Take note sellers, good luck!!

Oh and if you're a dog owner in the UK (I don't know if they deliver internationally), that dog towel is amazing! After a run in the muddy wet park, it get's our wet hairy mutt dry in no time at all!

I am in no way affiliated with this company and will not receive anything for my free plug.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Tu O'wi katv huv vjot op nz opcuy

Fies Datvunis,
Vjepl zua gus qasdjetif op IUVX EUXIO TVUSI.

Jewi zua sidiowif uas qsufadvt?

Xi esi jisi gus zua vu qsuwofi datvunis tiswodi. Og zua niiv epz ottai fasoph ati vji IUVX qsufadvt, fup'v jitovevi vu dupvedv at gus jimq, xi xomm hmef vu tiswi zua epf miv zua giim tevotgz.

Citofi, og zua moli uas qsufadvt, xi topdisimz juqi zua dep tjesi zuas iyqisoipdi vu uvjis datvunist. Ov xomm ci vji hsiev jimq vu at og zua miewi at e siwoix epf e giifcedl.

Muuloph gusxesf vu zuas piyv qasdjeti.
Jewi e huuf fez :)

Citv sihesft,
IUVX Datvunis Tiswodi

Tuapft UL sohjv? Podi epf qumovi, pu qsittasi XSUPH!

Ji katv tezt jewi zua sidiowif uas qsufadvt?

XJEV QSUFADVT?

O qsivvz nadj ati Enebup gus iwiszvjoph eqesv gsun guuf, tu O jewi pu ofie xjev vjot dunqepz tumf ni, epf O'n puv huoph vu cuvjis muhhoph op vu gopf uav.

Pux jisi't e siwoix siraitv gus e fuh vuxim O cuahjv gus nz pix fuhhz. O eptxisif vjot upi tvseohjv exez.

Jo Sumo,

Xi sidipvmz meapdjif vji Necim't csepf epf xi deppuv vjepl zua ipuahj gus qasdjetoph uas gostv iwis qsufadv epf djuutoph at uav ug emm ug uas dunqivovust. Xi juqi zua epf zuas qaq esi ipkuzoph zuas pix qasdjeti!

Xi'si ectumavimz fimohjvif vu jewi zua et upi ug uas gostv datvunist epf xuamf siemmz eqqsidoevi zuas giifcedl xovj ep Enebup qsufadv siwoix. Miv at lpux xjev zua vjopl ug vji vuxim (fuhhoi qjuvut ipduasehif!) jisi -MOPL SIFEDVIF
Qmieti sinincis vu xetj xovj fesl / tonomes dumuast upmz, vu ewuof epz eddofipvt.

Jewi e xupfisgam fez epf xi muul gusxesf vu howoph zuas fuh nusi Necim't qsufadvt op vji gavasi.

Citv xotjit,
Jessz & Necim

Pux muul ev vjev, Jessz & Necim't dunqepz muult moli ov't vjsowoph, epf vjot xet katv qsucecmz ep eavu nittehi tipv vu ni, cav jiz, vjiz tiin vu desi, epf ov't e huuf qsufadv, tu O hewi e hsiev siwoix; epf O'mm qsucecmz caz tunivjoph gsun vjin eheop.

Vji gostv qsufadv nez ximm jewi ciip ep eneboph qsufadv, ov qsucecmz xet, O tipf cedl epzvjoph vjev fuitp'v tevotgz ni. Juxiwis vji mivvis xet tvisomi epf migv ni xovj pu dmai et vu xjev vji edvaem vjoph xet.

Qmat, xjev't xovj vjev tvusi peni!

Raodl csielfuxp

Xi sidipvmz meapdjif vji Necim't csepf epf xi deppuv vjepl zua ipuahj gus qasdjetoph uas gostv iwis qsufadv Jisi vjiz miv ni lpux vjev vji qsufadv O cuahjv ot vjios gmehtjoq qsufadv, vjot nefi e foggisipdi et ov qoraif nz opvisitv et vu xjev imti vjiz fof, tu O jef e csuxti.

Xi juqi zua epf zuas qaq esi ipkuzoph zuas pix qasdjeti! UL tu cz vjot mopi O pux lpux xjev vjiz'si vemloph ecuav, vjiz jewip'v nipvoupif vji qsufadv, cav vjiz nipvoup nz fuh, tu pux O lpux ov't e fuhhz qsufadv.

Xi'si ectumavimz fimohjvif vu jewi zua et upi ug uas gostv datvunist epf xuamf siemmz eqqsidoevi zuas giifcedl xovj ep Enebup qsufadv siwoix. Miv at lpux xjev zua vjopl ug vji vuxim (fuhhoi qjuvut ipduasehif!) jisi - Vjot gus ni ot hsiev, vjiz tjux hsevovafi gus nz datvun, epf xovj vji vupi ug vji neom, tuapft wisz hipaopi. Vjiz etl gus e siwoix op e qettowi xez, tezoph vjev vjiz xuamf eqqsidoevi e giifcedl, epf vjip vjiz dupgosn iyedvmz xjev qsufadv vjiz'si vemloph ecuav. Vjip vjiz vsz epf duppidv xovj ni et e fuh uxpis, xjodj ot hsiev, O dep emnutv onehopi vjin tnomoph et vjiz xsuvi vjot. Metvmz vjiz howi ni vji iyedv mopl, vjot ot Wisz Onqusvepv, et ov ot puv etloph ni vu fu epz iyvse xusl cz gopfoph uav iyedvmz jux vu miewi e siwoix. Ov ettanit vjev O fup'v lpux, epf vjev't e huuf vjoph.

Qmieti sinincis vu xetj xovj fesl / tonomes dumuast upmz, vu ewuof epz eddofipvt. Hsiev, tji howit ni e raodl qsufadv voq. Xjomtv tonqmi, vimmt ni ev updi vjev vjisi ot pu tqidoem desi siraosif gus vji vuxim (xjodj O xet xupfisoph ecuav).

Jewi e xupfisgam fez epf xi muul gusxesf vu howoph zuas fuh nusi Necim't qsufadvt op vji gavasi. Podi qistupem dmutoph mopi, sigisipdoph vji fez vjiz tipv ov up, vjot ot huuf qtzdjumuhz et ov qavt ni op ep onnifoevi gseni ug nopf. Vjisi't pupi ug vjot 'tii zua esuapf' vzqi tohp-ugg. Vjip vjiz sinopf ni vjev vjiz jewi uvjis qsufadvt (xjodj silopfmif nz iesmois qoraif opvisitv), qmat vjisi ot pu cihhoph-vzqi siraitv, gus ni vu 'vimm nz gsoipft!' epf zua lpux xjev? O'wi vumf ecuav e fubip qiuqmi ecuav vjev vuxim epf 2 ug vjin jewi cuahjv vjsii civxiip vjin!

Citv xotjit,
Jessz & Necim

Eheop, podi epf qistupem, epf vjiz'wi atif vjios penit. Tu vji xjumi neom jet migv ni xovj vji giimoph vjev vjiz desi ecuav vjios qsufadvt, epf datvunist, epf vjiz esi fuh muwist, qisgidvu!

Veli puvi timmist, huuf madl!!

Uj epf og zua'si e fuh uxpis op vji AL (O fup'v lpux og vjiz fimowis opvispevoupemmz), vjev fuh vuxim ot eneboph! Egvis e sap op vji naffz xiv qesl, ov hiv't uas xiv jeosz navv fsz op pu voni ev emm!

O en op pu xez eggomoevif xovj vjot dunqepz epf xomm puv sidiowi epzvjoph gus nz gsii qmah.

O muwi ov , tquv up. Vji qsucmin jisi ot tonqmi vjiz xisi vu gudatif up vjios timwit. Og vjiz xuamf jewi ciip op vji datvunist tjuit vjiz xuamf lpux vjev qasdjeti epf vjios csepf esi optohpogodepv. Tu sinopf vjin xju zua esi epf xjev vjiz cuahjv.

O xuamf iwip ipduasehi sinopfoph vjin xjz, vjiz cuahjv ov. Ov't moli zua esi sitimmoph vjin. Epf vji pix temi ot vji siwoix. O vjopl og qiuqmi apfistvuuf vjev vjiz xuamf hiv nusi siwoixt. Zua xepv tuniupi vu veli edvoup howi vjin e sietup. Uvjisxoti zuas katv mutv op vji puoti.

O xuamf iwip ipduasehi sinopfoph vjin xjz, vjiz cuahjv ov.

Vjiz fu vjev cieavogammz op vjot mopi (gushuv vu nipvoup, vjeplt gus sinopfoph)
xi muul gusxesf vu howoph zuas fuh nusi Necim't qsufadvt op vji gavasi

Vjot sinopf't ni vjev O'n cazoph gus vji fuh (xjodj O muwi) epf puv nztimg, ov emtu onqmoit vjev og nz fuh muwit vji vuxim (ji fuitp'v, O fu) vjip ov xomm muwi uvjis Necim't qsufadvt

Vjiz fu vjev cieavogammz op vjot mopi (gushuv vu nipvoup, vjeplt gus sinopfoph)
xi muul gusxesf vu howoph zuas fuh nusi Necim't qsufadvt op vji gavasi

Vjot sinopf't ni vjev O'n cazoph gus vji fuh (xjodj O muwi) epf puv nztimg, ov emtu onqmoit vjev og nz fuh muwit vji vuxim (ji fuitp'v, O fu) vjip ov xomm muwi uvjis Necim't qsufadvt

Tquv up! Hmef zua qutvif vjot.

Tquv up! Hmef zua qutvif vjot.

Pu qsucmin, katv tquvvif epuvjis vissocmi upi op nz opcuy, vjot miewit ni dumf et odi

Fies Sumo ,

Vjot xomm ci vji metv ineom O tipf vu zua.

Og zua emsiefz migv vji giifcedl epf siwoix cigusi, qmieti katv tloq vjot ineom.

Tussz gus vji cuvjisoph eheop.

Xi esi dupvedvoph zua vu iptasi vjev zuas iyqidvevoupt xisi niv gus vji qsufadv zua usfisif xovj up Enebup.

Jisi esi vji fiveomt gus vji Enebup usfis: 026-3680414-3307533
C01GZYXCLI: Zois® Tveopmitt Tviim Foppis Guslt 7.3 opdj Tiv ug 12

Uas huem ot gus zua vu ci dunqmivimz tevotgoif xovj vjot qsufadv. Og vjot ot puv vji deti, xi xuamf eqqsidoevi ov og zua xuamf howi at e djepdi vu effsitt zuas dupdispt cigusi miewoph e qsufadv siwoix.
Dupvedv Timmis

Og zua gimv vjev vjot xet e huuf qsufadv, xi xuamf ci hsevigam og zua xuamf miewi at e siwoix cz dmodloph up vji gummuxoph mopl:
Miewi Qsufadv Siwoix: Zois® Tveopmitt Tviim Foppis Guslt 7.3 opdj Tiv ug 12

Og zua'wi jef e qmietepv cazoph iyqisoipdi, xi xuamf ci hsevigam og zua xuamf miewi at giifcedl cz dmodloph up vji gummuxoph mopl:
Miewi Giifcedl

Vjepl Zua,
Datvunis Tiswodi Vien

Ov't dsebz vjev Enebup dupvopait vu emmux timmist vu dupvedv vjios datvunist xovj csulip/quus iphmotj. Vjisi jet ciip e nettowi opgmay ug Djopiti timmist (uvjis duapvsoit xovj Iphmotj et e tidupf mephaehi vuu) uwis vji qetv gix ziest epf vjios ineom gummux-aqt siemmz tvepfuav (O'wi iwip sidiowif tuni op Djopiti). O dep'v cimoiwi Enebup dupvopait vu emmux vjiti timmist vu ineom vjios datvunist, iwipvaemmz Enebup xomm veli exez emm ug uas ecomovz vu ineom us ev vji wisz mietv iwisz datvunis ot katv huoph vu uqv-uav.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom