The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I often sell AdWords (3 mins)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
#AndyTalks 046 - How I often sell AdWords

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Point #3 is something I hadn't considered.

I've found (by trial and error) that showing is better than telling, and that it's always easier to target people who have prior interest, but leaving behind materials isn't something I've leveraged. I will implement straight away.

Thanks Andy!

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
Thanks Andy!

Love how your sales materials are actually the things they really need to know, all done for free.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks Andy!

Love how your sales materials are actually the things they really need to know, all done for free.
It's also very compelling for a business to "see" the search volumes (from the Google Keyword Planner screenshot), and then "see" the search results page with their competitors listed, but not themselves.

Show people their bleeding neck.

I'm also demonstrating my expertise/knowledge/authority.

Again, I don't say "I know my stuff. I've worked for XYZ."

That would be a "Tell".

Instead I "Show", with the report that's about *them*, instead of waffling about *me*.

"Show, don't tell."

I need to email the report onto the guy too. I forgot to do that in my rush to get out the door.

With an email, he can then find it years later if needs be, and he can forward it to friends if he thinks they'll learn from it too.

I did another vlog today where I explained that I'm NOT going to follow up.

I'm only interested in dealing with people who raise their hand.

If he wants to engage and take it further, he has to make the next move.

IMO, to follow up is wasting my time when there are so many other businesses out there that would bite my hand off.

It's an abundance mindset for one thing.

It's also a series of tests.

They might be looking/testing to find a marketing/AdWords consultant, but I'm also looking/testing for clients who "get" it, and will grow into a regular income stream, and/or partner.

"The first purchase is a test."

Every interaction, or lack of, is a test.

It's not about passing or failing these tests, it's just about finding out whether both sides are a good fit.

BOTH sides.

The chances are he'll not become a client, but I've learned another vertical, and there's one more person who knows what I do, and knows I know my stuff.

Oh, and in case you're wondering why I'd be after a little Kick-Boxing business as a client...

Maybe he's a good operator and wants to build a franchise throughout the country.

Maybe he knows loads of other business people.

Maybe I enjoy doing the research anyway.

Maybe I like to help open people's eyes, and giving them a better chance of putting food on the table is reward in itself for me.

The beauty of running your own business is that you can fire clients, not take on clients, and not "always be closing" if that's not how you choose to run your own business.

Just my 2c. Hope it helps.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
We should talk @Andy Black. I'm trying to master Adwords right now.

I can trade some FB gems.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
#AndyTalks 047 - Help the people in motion (3 mins)

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
#AndyTalks 047 - Help the people in motion (3 mins)

I really like this point, and it applies to what we were speaking about earlier about helping other people too.

You can put so much effort into helping someone but if they aren't willing to meet you part way or to try then it's for nothing.

Don't waste your time on low probability deals. Whether it be teaching someone, selling to someone, partnering, anything. You'll waste your time, spin your wheels and wear yourself out.

In terms of working for clients - if they don't see the value in what you do, and you've explained it well enough? Don't bother. They are not in a place at that time to see it and might never be. Find a client who is 90% of the way there and bring them over the edge.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
This is incredibly relevant to me! Great information here. Thank you!

When you give businesses this free market report, what notes do you think to give them alongside it all? (All the bits with red text.)

I'd love to see a copy of that example and be able to leaf through it. Is that covered in the course?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is incredibly relevant to me! Great information here. Thank you!

When you give businesses this free market report, what notes do you think to give them alongside it all? (All the bits with red text.)

I'd love to see a copy of that example and be able to leaf through it. Is that covered in the course?
I just point out what they're looking at but don't see.

"This search term indicates someone is looking for a local business because they mentioned a location. They are more likely to convert into a sale than someone who searched without a location in their search term."

Etc.

I don't have this stuff in the course as that would be assuming people take the course so they can provide AdWords as a service, when some people would take the course to generate more leads and sales for themselves.

If there's demand I *may* do an additional stream for people who want to learn how to sell AdWords lead/sales generation as a service, and how to manage clients etc. I say "may" because the primary goal of my business is not coaching and training per se, but to serve DFY clients.

I may poll the students of the course and see what additional courses they want...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.