The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I am retiring at 19 years old

T-K

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 22, 2016
Istanbul
Not our intention, dude.

I'm sure he's heard 'naysayers' tell him that his ideas are stupid. So he comes here hoping to get some support.

We don't want to hurt his feelings: we want to tell him what's really going on, as adults.

Op is delusional if he thinks that living like a bum is 'retirement'. However, if that's his idea of 'freedom', just like living out in the woods and eating off the fat of the land, then that's on him. It's not 'retirement'.

We're a MILLIONAIRE entrepreneur forum. We want to make millions of dollars. That's our goal. Most of us aren't there yet, and we want to travel the Fastlane road. We're lucky enough to have people who have made millions of dollars help us out on our way.

We are NOT a 'hoodwink expenses and "retire" on $600/month' forum.

My intention was to remind the OP what this forum is about: hustling hard, making money, and enjoying life. Eating crushed ramen noodles and showering at Planet Fitness is not enjoying life, in my opinion. If OP is about that, that's fine.
When I said like, I meant "I like the way he responded, and with bully I meant straight to the point with a little bit belittleing."

In short, I get your point and you all are right.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Once again I have caused confusion due to my lack of detail. I forget that when it comes to forums I need to be more detailed because it is very easy to misunderstand as no one knows me in person. My mistake. Allow me to clarify

Bum - No. Retirement as in, not *having* to work because I have to work via bills and debt. If I work (which I will probably do obviously) it is because I WANT to work and the money will fuel my dreams and desires. Not be sent away to other people. I look at each dollar as a freedom fighter (Just like in Millionaire Fastlane ) each dollar that is spent on something is a soldier killed. The rent where I will be is $600-1300. I am not living off of government welfare. I am using benefits I have earned through my service to the country. Bum hardly applies here. Also, retirement was used as a more comedic way that came across wrong. Again my apologies. Not trying to mislead, I didn't think you guys would get distracted on a word instead of the point I was trying to make.

My point in doing that is to free up time so I can spend it more productively. As in getting better, business systems ect ect. I am doing it so I can ultimately focus 100% on business. I don't want a job. I want to solve problems and build business. The more time I spend not working is more time I spend solving problems and providing value. The lower my monthly expenses the more time I have.

California- I am moving there for a few legitimate reasons. I wont go into detail because I'd be here all night. I assure you they are legitimate and not for stupid reasons. One reason specifically is that putting myself in that situation will force me to get s*** done. Survive or die if you will. It wont allow me to be content, which I do not want to be. I am burning bridges and if I want to not sleep in a car I have to go and get things done. Every day all day will be spent towards goals. I find that when your back is against the wall you fight much harder. Because you have to. You win or die.

Housing- No the car is not permanent. It is only for a short time until I feel out the area. I will pursue options other than renting out, I believe I could find opportunities in real estate. I will give that a chance before I commit $600-1300/month in rent.

I believe in Mj's book he said something along the lines of. "I wanted it so bad I was willing to do *anything*, even flip burgers" cannot remember the exact words, forgive me. I want it bad enough to do anything. If getting made fun of is a price to pay that is fine. I know in the end I will achieve what I want. I see it as a toll that must be paid. I want it bad enough to do anything. In the end though, the only reason I need for anything is just one. I want to do it. I am not controlled by life. I control my own life. I want to be there I will be there. I'll do what it takes. I believe in myself enough that I trust I will succeed. It will be difficult and it will suck. But it will be worth it in the end.

Whoa. Wall of text.

You should get paid to talk (sales), since you like to talk so much.

OP is unintentional comedy at its finest.

I didn't say you lied.
I tried to catch you in one. You passed.
Carry on.

LOL... stop being a bully.

Pick on someone your own (brain) size.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Whoa. Wall of text.

You should get paid to talk (sales), since you like to talk so much.

OP is unintentional comedy at its finest.

LOL... stop being a bully.

Pick on someone your own (brain) size.

53355361.jpg

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I just wanna know if I should move to California or Arizona.....

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
The majority of your original post/title is either incorrect or crap.
1. Your title
Retire by definition is leaving one's job and ceasing to work. You have neither left your job nor ceased working so you are not "retired"
2. Your story about 350-600 a month in "passive income"
Passive income by definition is an income received on a regular basis with little effort required to maintain it. Your income is not passive. Your income is earned income just like everyone who works any job.

Here is where you are really at,
You are 19 and living in your car. You work an average of 10 hours a week and make $87-$150 a week at your job. You are going to use your free time to "water your money seed"
Here is the problem with the entire scenerio, $87 a week isn't a money seed. If the opportunity of a lifetime comes along, will you have the money or the ability to take advantage of it while living in your car? If something that you network with drops a deal into your lap that you can make 5,000, 10,000 etc. how will you take advantage of it? Do you honestly expect to create or be a part of a great business while living out of your car with a portable washer and dryer in the back?

I'm not trying to belittle you for choosing to live in your car. If you that is what you want to do then have at it. To say you are doing it so you can become successful is bull crap. You will never be successful working 10 hours a week and dreaming about your success the rest of the time.

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
lol ..

dont forget to get a 24/7 gym membership to take a shower and stuff

Chrish94

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 12, 2016
I'm gonna be honest here, I'm not the greatest example to look at and say HE'S SUCCESSFUL, but hear me out: I did something similar. In my case, I told myself that I am going to get a company up and going and I'm not going to sleep until it happens. So what did I do? I "moved" to new york, and by move I mean literally go with barely any money and sleep on the subway at night. I had a similar mindset that you had: get rid of all distractions so you can just focus on what you need to do. The thing is, it doesn't work. Someone in here already mentioned that when you have nothing, it only takes one thing and then you're gone. That was the case for me, and I tried to jump off the brooklyn bridge.

Lucky for me I decided last second not to do it, and instead I went immediately to the nearest homeless shelter I could find and tried to start over. There are people who can make insane amounts of revenue insanely fast and easy, but you need the kind of knowledge that you're only going to gain by getting out there and doing it. Before you just go out and listen to any advice, do some research on it. If it's good advice, take it; if it's just a guru trying to sell you lies, be very careful. Start small and every time you fail, learn from it.

I admittedly skimmed the thread outside of the first post so I can't tell for sure if you've already left, but if you haven't yet: don't.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I'm gonna be honest here, I'm not the greatest example to look at and say HE'S SUCCESSFUL, but hear me out: I did something similar. In my case, I told myself that I am going to get a company up and going and I'm not going to sleep until it happens. So what did I do? I "moved" to new york, and by move I mean literally go with barely any money and sleep on the subway at night. I had a similar mindset that you had: get rid of all distractions so you can just focus on what you need to do. The thing is, it doesn't work. Someone in here already mentioned that when you have nothing, it only takes one thing and then you're gone. That was the case for me, and I tried to jump off the brooklyn bridge.

Lucky for me I decided last second not to do it, and instead I went immediately to the nearest homeless shelter I could find and tried to start over. There are people who can make insane amounts of revenue insanely fast and easy, but you need the kind of knowledge that you're only going to gain by getting out there and doing it. Before you just go out and listen to any advice, do some research on it. If it's good advice, take it; if it's just a guru trying to sell you lies, be very careful. Start small and every time you fail, learn from it.

I admittedly skimmed the thread outside of the first post so I can't tell for sure if you've already left, but if you haven't yet: don't.
(if this is true), it's the most legit post I have ever seen on this forum.

Dave510

Reversing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 16, 2014
Start small and every time you fail, learn from it.

This. There's a difference between not being so afraid of failure so as to do nothing and taking huge unnecessary risk. All risks taken should be big enough so that you try hard not to fail, but not so big that if you fail you're ruined and end up on the street with your family.

Chrish94

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 12, 2016
Granted guys, I'm gonna be honest: if this person really had the same mindset I had, he's not going to listen. This thread's also a few days old so who knows he might have already packed his bags to leave. You'd be surprised how many people do this on regular basis, when I was doing it I met quite a number of people who were doing the exact same thing, none of us were getting anywhere and none of us wanted to listen to what people had to say. It sucks but if this guy doesn't want to listen he doesn't want to listen, not much we can do.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Why do you want to retire at 19? There's so much life to live. I was working shitty jobs at 19. They helped me to realize what I wanted in life and gave me important skills to pursue my dreams.

I wouldn't go back and change much to be honest. I would tell my 19 year old self to read more, analyse more and test more. Life is a game of numbers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Everyone still following and posting in this thread. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Please take a look.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/started-a-business.68320/

No I have not moved. I started a brick and mortar business and it has been very successful thus far. I have just formed a strategic partnership today as well and am expecting good results from this.

My business will be automated in a year.

I will retire by the age of 23.

I will reinvest most of the income to grow my networth.

I've found that money is actually very easy to make. Just stick with the process and hustle hustle hustle.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Big leap in mindset within a few weeks.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. (If it's true!)