The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scaling a not-so business at 19 years old

Marketing, social media, advertising

SimonD01

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 21, 2023
Hey what's going on y'all?

Going to cut straight to the chase.
My dad *runs* a construction "business", but it's really just a job. He's been in this industry for the past 30+ years so his experience is pretty extensive to say the least. Something that has completely caught me off guard is the fact that he relies merely on word of mouth to get his clients... no ads, no marketing, no website, pure word of mouth (which would've been amazing had he ALSO been marketing his services, making it compound). This is where I see opportunity knock on my window. I'm planning on scaling his operations by giving his services exposure and taking some commission on each completed job, or something like that. Best part is the service is already here, my task is merely giving the service more exposure, and I've some ideas in my head of how I could make this thing a little different than companies offering the same service, a USP being high on the list. Additionally, my dad has a stable flow of clients, so there is a CLEAR demand for his service. The problem lies in the fact that his so called "business" hasn't been scaled at all really, I don't think he even understands the concept of scaling a business. The amount of ignorance debt here is unreal. He struggles financially somewhat and yet his chance at financial freedom is here, just waiting to be taken advantage of, and I am here to make it happen. It's a win/win type of thing. I give exposure to his services and he gets more clients + revenue, then I get a commission on the profits and the cycle repeats. Pretty much an SMMA typa thing, right?

Now this is my first real "business" venture and am taking it seriously... big time. I also see it as a way of learning. A LOT of learning potential here that I can then utilize later on in my entrepreneurial journey... and all the other things *outside of business* that I aspire to do... and boy... there's many on the list... and business is the tanker gas that will fuel them.

The opportunity has been around me for all those years but I just never really realized that there is some potential here, until couple days ago. Ever since, I've been planning the scaling process in my head just to get an idea of how I will go about it.

You can probably already guess where I'm going with this post. I'd like to ask for some advice. What is the most effective, and efficient way to go about this? What are some things that you have learned through your business ventures that turned out to be a mistake that would apply to this? This would allow me to not make the same mistake(s), as the saying goes "Learn from the mistakes of others so that you don't have to go through the pain of making them yourself". Really just asking for some solid tips. Would love to give back in some way, so just let me know how.

Thanks a lot,

Simon

Kick a$$!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.