The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How does Britain possibly leaving the EU effect the world?

Is the Brexit a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For me Brexit proved that the delusion with young people is not limited to the US, but worldwide (and those in power who control their brains)...

Their masters have now taught them that if you cant win an argument using facts, logic, or reason, you can scream "racist" "bigot" or any word ending in "phobe" and automatically you should get to win, arguments, elections, whatever. Guess not.

They claim to be so educated and yet their education comes from university indoctrination camps, controlled and censored corporate media (CNN, Google, FB, Reddit) and swarthy idiots like Stephen Colbert and Jon Oliver. Yea, you're educated all right--- educated in what your masters want you to think.

I'd expand further, but I'd be breaking forum rules. And since Brexit is political, this thread has already been walking tight ropes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I've gotta admit, I was pretty surprised to see that see so many people here, on the Fastlane Forum, believe that Brexit is a bad thing.

Part of the whole Fastlane mantra is controlling your own destiny. To me, it seems that people in the U.K. are reclaiming control of their own country. Like successful entrepreneurs, they are sacrificing short-term comfort and security in favor of more control and independence down the road. Short-term, it will almost certainly be bumpy. There will be hardship and discomfort. But long-term, I believe that young people will eventually thank those older, more cynical people, who voted to leave.

Today, the European Union is like the Titanic heading toward that giant, yet mostly hidden, iceberg. By voting to leave, the U.K. is snagging a decent lifeboat. When the European Union breaks apart on the icy rocks of hard reality (an obscene amount of debt, clashes of incompatible cultures, unfunded pension liabilities, etc.), I think the U.K. will be very glad they jumped ship when they did.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As with anything, there'll be winners and there'll be losers.

The winners will be those that can adapt to change, the losers will be those that can't.

(It's a valid question, but for me, I'll just shrug and get back to work...)

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
We've just cut the largest piece of red tape in the history of capitalism.
But, but, muh freedom of traveh!

It's been hilarious to witness the arrogance of people who consider whoever thinks differently from them "ignorant", while ignoring everything but the meaningless details that punch them in the face every day.

I am a big fan of the idea of a EU. The execution, however, sucks. This is a simple fact.
Being ruled by bureaucrats no one elected is not what the EU should be about.

You can have an economic union without selling your nation's sovereignty to unknown powers.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Somebody is going to make straight-up billions of dollars in the next few months. Months, not decades.

People with FX options on BPS who foresaw this.

People buying up shitloads of temporally deflated high-value British stock.

There is "blood in the streets."

As Buffet said, "recessions lead to the greatest transfers of wealth in human history."

At the same time, a whole lot of fools are going to rush in and lose the shirt off their backs.

The Duc

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
May 18, 2014
AZ
Even assuming it has a negative economic impact on the UK in the medium term, that's a small price to pay to regain your national sovereignty and give a huge middle finger to a bunch of bureaucrats in Brussels.

And that's a big assumption and a bet I wouldn't take.

It amazes me how fast things go from "the sun never sets on the British Empire" to "we can't survive without a political union with Romania and Greece."

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
For me Brexit proved that the delusion with young people is not limited to the US, but worldwide (and those in power who control their brains)...
I am honestly appalled by what I'm seeing. The media are playing at scaring people, and the younger generation (who say the older ones, who voted Brexit, are ignorant) are falling for it completely.
Their opposition to Brexit is based on 1) Schengen 2) Free-trade zone, both of which you don't need to be in the EU to have (see: Norway), and both of which are a relatively small part of what Europe entails.

The things that appalls me more, though, is the anti-democratic sentiment.
If you go to vote, you subscribe to the process - the same way if you sit to a poker table you implicitly accept the rules.

Now it went differently than they wanted and is "a stupid way to make decisions".
I'm Italian, and this is the exact mindset the Fascist Regime used in Parliament. It's a dangerous way of thinking.

Democracy is taking what the majority decides and saying "well, the decision is made - now let's walk together in that direction and make the best of it".
It's based on the idea that people have a right to decide for themselves.
Yes, the majority of people might be stupid.
They still have the right to decide for themselves.

Kids are protesting about a referendarian decision. Are they protesting democracy?
And why isn't the press (who instead cries about the spreading "anti-intellectualism") say how perverted this is?

Scary.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Cue for the whole world to notice how the catastrophic consequences they fearmongered are horseshit.
Nothing changes, people - the sun is still going to come up even as Britain leaves the Bruxelles Overlords.

However, I get paid in USD and convert that in EUR, so if the EUR goes down a little for a while I might make a little more cash. Cool.

EDIT: Of course, I will now need a passport to go hang out in London. But that's OK. I finally have an incentive to get a passport at all.

Last edited:

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I've spent my entire life in the UK/EU and nearly all the reports you hear is proven to be false.

I only wish that were true. From the Daily Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ngs-while-authorities-turned-a-blind-eye.html

Rotherham sex abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited by Asian gangs while authorities turned a blind eye
More than 1,400 (native British) children were sexually abused over a 16 year period by gangs of (Pakistani) paedophiles after police and council bosses turned a blind eye for fear of being labelled racist, a damning report has concluded...In some cases, parents who tried to rescue their children from abusers were themselves arrested. Police officers even dismissed the rape of children by saying that sex had been consensual. When children attempted to expose the abuse, they were threatened with guns, warned that their loved ones would be raped and, in one case, doused in petrol and told they would be burnt alive.

One of the challenges, it seems, of multiculturalism is that it can be used as a weapon to clobber people into silence, even in the face of truly horrific actions. A free society depends on the ability to exchange ideas freely and to hold everyone to the same standards of conduct. It's a sad day when political correctness is deemed more important than protecting children from rape and forced prostitution.

Of course, I'm not saying that all immigrants are responsible for such heinous acts. I'm only pointing out that multiculturalism combined with political-correctness can be very damaging to native populations, especially those least able to protect themselves.

(Yes, I know I'm skating on thin ice regarding forum rules. Lock the thread, delete my posts, I totally understand and won't hold it against anyone. And I apologize in advance to the wonderful mods who must be thinking, "Why can't she just drop it already." Sorry!:))

Perhaps if @Sanj Modha and I can agree to disagree, we can just drop this and move on. Peace to everyone!

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
So true. the way my age group (18-24) have bashed our elderly all over social media has been nothing short of disgraceful. Many of them questioning why old people should be allowed to vote.

Im 30. The generations coming under me are scary. Legit scary.

MV5BMTk4NDYyNTU3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE4NTQ0MQ@@._V1._CR11,6,327,487_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I have read several reports of racism/intimidation.
I, too, have read reports of racial intimidation, meaning that native Western Europeans are no longer safe to travel in certain areas, thanks to a large, influx of people whose cultures are vastly different. I don't believe it's "idiotic" to express concern when your culture is under siege and your population is being replaced, intimidated, or taxed to death to pay for its own destruction.

Honestly, the whole "if you object to something, you must be a racist/sexist/whateveraphobe" argument seems rather weak and worn out from overuse.

TwoSteps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Mar 30, 2016
Southampton (UK)
Being in the UK, I've had all the news and information and leaflet drops through my door. Propaganda and lies have stirred up resentment and the old favourite - fear.

Fear that Turkey was in line to join the EU - they've completed 1 of 35 requirements and don't appear to be trying very hard
Fear that we can't control immigration in the EU - if we want to trade we have to allow free movement of labour and illegals will still find a way in
Lies that we send £350M per week to the EU - the net figure is around £180M and we get back much more
Lies that we don't have any control - we've only lost about 2-3% of votes. We are/were 1 of the Big 4 with more votes than other members

The list goes on. It's disgraceful.

The media has exploited our emotions.

As aforesaid, we're probably heading into a recession, more QE, job losses and less opportunity for the next generation.

75% of 18 - 24 year-olds wanted us to stay in. (the other 25% were still in bed).

I feel a bit cheated. It was a very close vote. 48.1% / 51.9%

The EU isn't perfect but it still felt like progress.

2 years to work out a new deal. 2 years to GTFOOD.

Aimee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 3, 2014
As with anything, there'll be winners and there'll be losers.

The winners will be those that can adapt to change, the losers will be those that can't.

(It's a valid question, but for me, I'll just shrug and get back to work...)

This is a good way to look at it. Needed to hear (read) this right now!

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
Here's some figures of the servive based trade deals some countries have negotiated (UK is a service based economy); figure is total GDP of trade partners.

Switzerland-39.8t
Singapore-38.7t
S.Korea-40.8t
Chile-58.3t

How much did the EU get for the UK?
7.7t!!

We've just cut the largest piece of red tape in the history of capitalism.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
I think it is a bad thing. If you walk down most high streets in Scotland you will see boarded up windows with to let signs punctuated by immigrant run shops and takeaways. The most popular food shops are Aldi and Lidl which are German. And if you watch TV for 10 minutes you will realise all the adverts are about how you can cut costs and save money. Unlike the US, Britain is overpriced for living essentials like food, fuel, electric and heating. People don't like to spend as much and are encouraged to live restricted lives. I cant see how rising prices will benefit. I cant speak for England as I am not there very much but here anyway there are so many jobless people and if you go into any business you will see staff standing about doing nothing.
Honestly my personal reason for having a problem is that I am trying to put together the funds to get away from this hellhole and if prices etc are going up it is only going to make things harder.
Honestly I think this sums up the feeling

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K

Their masters have now taught them that if you cant win an argument using facts, logic, or reason, you can scream "racist" "bigot" or any word ending in "phobe" and automatically you should get to win, arguments, elections, whatever. Guess not.

They claim to be so educated and yet their education comes from university indoctrination camps, controlled and censored corporate media (CNN, Google, FB, Reddit) and swarthy idiots like Stephen Colbert and Jon Oliver. Yea, you're educated all right--- educated in what your masters want you to think.

I'd expand further, but I'd be breaking forum rules. And since Brexit is political, this thread has already been walking tight ropes.

So true. the way my age group (18-24) have bashed our elderly all over social media has been nothing short of disgraceful. Many of them questioning why old people should be allowed to vote.

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
I don't know if this has been said already but the worst bit about this brexit stuff is if you're in 'out' camp, like me, people in conversations call you an idiot, racist etc... But like ChickenHawk said it's in our best interest to control the in's and out's like a business, hense my out vote.

My favorite thing about the UK is this sidewalk bs you get all the time...

When we're in the EU: "People are here to steal our jobs, those immigrants".
Out the EU: "Theres no jobs!!"

Maybe blame your mindset not the economy!

I get to the office Monday morning and people are getting wound up, people on social media are literally moaning about jobs... I said to one kid who was moaning like a little bitch, 'people will still need stuff, so sell 'em stuff'.

Anyway, people will always need away to blame something on other people or the tooth fairy! That's my rant... It all has kinda make me want to leave the UK for a year.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
It's a massive impact. GBP is third biggest currency in the world and it's crashing. We can't just negotiate trade deals like that. They take years/decades and all our big ones were negotiated via the EU.

The Remain camp lost to emotions and sovereignty vs facts and economics. There is a price to pay. A big one.

FTSE is tumbling. That affects pensions and living standards. I predict an EU recession.

Dave510

Reversing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 16, 2014
David Cameron is an idiot. Even if he didn't count on winning an absolute majority, he shouldn't have made such a big promise lightly.

UK will probably go into recession, Scotland might want another referendum, EU's economy will likely suffer.

I wonder what history will say about this clown.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Warren Buffet says recessions are the greatest transfers of wealth in human history. He's studied all recorded ones.

There will be opportunities. There always is. Interest Rates will be low for years.

UK is running a big trade deficit so there will be opportunities for exporters.

Last edited:

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
It's challenging to predict the outcome of changes like this. People are irrational and governing bodies are made up of people. Short term consequences often gain headlines while long term effects are almost never noticed.

Living in the US, I must admit that I don't have any first hand experience with life in Britian. I can understand the desire to exit the EU, but I can also see the benefits of being a member of the broader community. Only time (and careful, reasoned analysis) will tell.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'm all for nationalism, so I think this is a great idea

Nationalism also caused two world wars. Read about history and you might change your mind.

People are irrational
The fact that people actually listen to goofs like Boris Johnson confirm this.

Living in the US, I must admit that I don't have any first hand experience with life in Britian. I can understand the desire to exit the EU, but I can also see the benefits of being a member of the broader community. Only time (and careful, reasoned analysis) will tell.

I think the EU yielded a lot of broken promises. The European nations were supposed to be powerful economically and influentially together, and they could achieve far more than they could alone. But what's actually happened is they have an economy in shambles, a refugee crisis, and people are frustrated, which is totally understandable.

I personally thought they European countries had far more to gain by sticking together rather than separating, but who knows? Maybe the EU is a sinking ship and the UK is the only country smart enough to jump off.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
But, but, muh freedom of traveh!

It's been hilarious to witness the arrogance of people who consider whoever thinks differently from them "ignorant", while ignoring everything but the meaningless details that punch them in the face every day.

I am a big fan of the idea of a EU. The execution, however, sucks. This is a simple fact.
Being ruled by bureaucrats no one elected is not what the EU should be about.

You can have an economic union without selling your nation's sovereignty to unknown powers.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I voted and was pleasantly surprised this morning. Despite the negative short term thinking of many, In the long term I'm sure we will be better off.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
There will be the usual panic from those prone to it. But in reality they will be just fine. Probably better off in the long run. More will leave the EU as well.

Deri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 13, 2016
Wales
I think it will be OK here.
I was not around when we joined the common market as it was known but we wanted to join from 1965 but we're kept out by the Germans, and finally joined in 74 or 75 and from there on food prices went up and interest rates crept up too.
At the moment interest rates are low and are likely to remain so. Bad for savers but good if you hold a mortgage or need one.
There is uncertainty in weather the European companies that manufacture in Britain like BMW will now pull out now?
However the way I see it this will now allow other countries outside Europe to come and produce and sell to Europe possibly. There are bound to be trade deals discussed in the near future.
We will also be able to trade with countries outside of the eu without the eu legislation that would otherwise cause problems.
Also there would be an end to further eu legislation rules which we need to abide by and make our own which are more relevant to this country.
I might be seeing things too simply but the bottom line is that the decision has been made to leave and now we must move on and make it work. You can't move forward if all you do is look back. And there are a lot looking back at the moment.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
I was pleasently suprised by the outcome, if I am being honest.

I rather expected a razor-thin win by the "Remain" side like in Austria, where the winning presidential candidate won by a 0.6% margin (made by the postal votes...).

IMO, it will be positive for Britain. The EU makes up between 15 and 55 percent of their laws according to the House of Commons Library blog.
https://commonslibraryblog.com/2014/06/02/how-much-legislation-comes-from-europe/
To say they will fail without the EU is treating them like a helpless child seperated from its mother "EU." This is bollocks (like the British say^^). When they are sovereign again, they will become better off; a lot of smart people live in Britain.

I think the biggest outcome is that it could set off a Domino effect. If Trump wins too, it will be a very interesting election in Germany next year :cool:

In regards to immigrants, multiculturalism, etc., the only question that should be asked is "Why weren't we asked AT ALL in this matter?"

Edit:
Haha, look at the thread's poll, it looks almost exactly like the real vote in Britain xD

Last edited:

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
I was shocked when I heard the result.

Its massive for the UK, we were actually doing very well and now we have left the EU. Its a big gamble, no country has left the EU before except Greenland who left 30 years ago and has a tiny population. We have no blueprint to follow as we are in uncharted waters. Negotiations with the EU will be tough because they will want to make an example. There's no going back now!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.