The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you manage time?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vivielle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2023
Italy
What is the best approach on managing time and getting all the things done?
That's my situation in summary: I'm studying cs at the university but at the same time I absolutely needed a job to pay myself rent, food etc.
So I did an interview in a big company and passed it but I'm not sure how to study and work in a full-time job and maybe find some time to exercise too. I'm sure that many of you here experience these kind of things everyday, so every advice is accepted.
Ps: This job has nothing to do with tech, since I'll have to do directly with clients. I'm enthusiast about this because it's going to teach me how to treat clients and proper costumer service, a super useful skill in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Faiz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 16, 2023
Try buying a small notebook,and write down what you have to do and what you want to do on the night before,and on the next day,When you finish something, cross it off on your notebook.Try plaing your everyday work!

Robin 133

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 16, 2022
Ive been using the GoalSumo.com task planner and working through actions by priority, works well for me.
The main challenge I've found with following a schedule is getting distracted and drawn in by other shiney tasks. So I've been using the pomodoro technique and being as strict as possible with using the work time dedicated to one task, only moving on once completed.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
You can't manage time, but you can manage your energy.

Prioritize your tasks based on how much value you will get from them long term.

Always start doing the most important things in the morning (or when you have the maximum amount of energy), and do less and less important tasks as you progress through your day and can no longer focus. In the evening you should do all the household chores and admin stuff.

In this case, the problem is really straightforward.
Study first, then work, then do the other things. Wake up earlier if you have to.

You can easily schedule 1 hour of training in between tasks. You will discover the paradox of exercise: the more you train, the more energy you will have to do the rest of the work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vivielle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2023
Italy
Thank you everyone for the various approaches recommended.

You can't manage time, but you can manage your energy.

Prioritize your tasks based on how much value you will get from them long term.

Always start doing the most important things in the morning (or when you have the maximum amount of energy), and do less and less important tasks as you progress through your day and can no longer focus. In the evening you should do all the household chores and admin stuff.

In this case, the problem is really straightforward.
Study first, then work, then do the other things. Wake up earlier if you have to.

You can easily schedule 1 hour of training in between tasks. You will discover the paradox of exercise: the more you train, the more energy you will have to do the rest of the work.

That's great, yes I think I'll need to get up earlier to be sure to study everyday. It's surely not a waste of energy

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I wrote something a few years ago:

Please SEARCH before posting.