The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I get animal trainers on board?

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
I'm making a website called "man's best friend". it triples as a wiki, retail, and coaching services site.

I've done the homework and i can't find any other site that simply find's coaches in the area. the only thing google maps can find are brick-and-mortar businesses. I want this to be the "Uber" of qualified animal trainers who can't find work with companies like petsmart.

i was thinking of advertising but I'm worried that there will be a surplus of coaches vs clients.

can anybody give me advice on this? thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you realize we're not paid to answer your questions?

Please stop posting the same thread over and over.

The entitlement is off-putting.

As for your question, I'm not clear on what you're asking. You will need to be clearer if you want others to answer.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
Do you realize we're not paid to answer your questions?

Please stop posting the same thread over and over.

The entitlement is off-putting.

As for your question, I'm not clear on what you're asking. You will need to be clearer if you want others to answer.
Mj, I have alot of respect for you,and I say this at the risk of getting banned, but the entitlement is non existent.

I simply asked a question twice. Imagine asking people a question and them straight up ignoring it and asking their own.

I created a duplicate post because I felt ignored, and I didnt want my question getting buried under by other post.

But this is your forem, and I will respect your rules. My apologies.

As for the question itself, I guess I'll be more clear next time.

And yes... I'm well aware that people aren't paid to answer my questions. You dont need to act like a smart a$$ about it...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but the entitlement is non existent.

Expecting someone to answer your question in less than two hours and then getting impatient and upset because no one did is, well, entitlement. No one here is obligated at Fastlane to answer your questions -- or any question -- see, we're all treated as equals, but how questions are asked are NOT equal.

How many questions, comments, or insights have you given the forum? Should I feel impatient and upset because Chris hasn't contributed to many conversations outside of what he wants and asks?

I felt ignored

Exactly.

You felt.

You felt entitled to receive a fast, detailed response. And when it didn't come, it was personal -- an attack on you as if the forum had some deliberate intent to ignore you.

When the truth of the matter is, probably no one READ your post, or no one UNDERSTOOD it.

I guess I'll be more clear next time.

I would suggest asking again in this thread to clarify your original post.

Again, if no one can make sense of your overall question, no one will bother reading it, much less answer with anything valuable.

In other words, try again, which is the essense of entrepreneurship -- try, try, try... If the edit button doesn't work in your original post, just add another post to this thread.

Once you revise the question and assuming I get some clarity, I will also be able EDIT the thread title so it attracts more eyeballs and hence, more possibilities for answers.

Thanks.

D

Deleted78083

I understand what you mean, but I wouldn't do it this way.

If you wonder how you are going to get clients, it means you haven't validated your idea. You should have asked trainers "are you interested in such and app/website" before building your product, and if they were, they would have been on board from the get-go.

So to answer the question, you don't get trainers on board for your project.

You start the project if the trainers are on board.

What you did:
1. Build my product.
2. Ask people if interested.

What you should have done:
1. Ask people if interested
2. Build the product.

My advice is to start calling/emailing trainers and ask them if they are interested in your project.

Good luck

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Looks like a two-sided marketplace where one side gives money to the other side.

What would happen if you first got the side with the money? Would the other side be interested in your offer then? (I’m hinting that maybe you first get the people looking for trainers, then figure it out from there.)

Maybe check out these calls I had a few years ago with forum members:

The short answer to “How do I get trainers onboard?” is to have what trainers want. Why would they signup to your platform? (Hint: To get new business and make more money, hopefully for less effort and more success than their current endeavours.)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As for not getting replies to a thread...

Keep chipping away. Update the thread with learnings, updates, breadcrumbs, etc.

A person in motion is a powerful thing. They create a vacuum behind them and people get sucked in. You have to be in motion though.

Here’s a brief vlog I did about it:

Also, check your posts for “I want” type of language. It’s slightly off putting for people, and I personally don’t think it’s the best language for yourself.

How about “I’d love help X number of people do ABC?”

See how that changes the focus from yourself to helping and serving others?

If you have a mission to help others then people will be more inclined to get behind you.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You are a business that sells two things

1. You sell animal training to consumers and give them the benefit of having many trainers to choose from

2. You also sell work for trainers to get.

You need to balance the relationship between number of trainers, number of consumers, and optimize your ad spend for each.

I suggest building the infrastructure in a basic way with a website. Doesn’t need to be perfect it just needs to exist. Maybe a crude app as well.

Then, advertise for each aspect of your business but make it separate campaigns and treat it like a separate company basically. Track your ad spend for each and try to optimize both of your campaigns.

If you can attract trainers and customers for a profitable rate through ads and take a cut out of the middle in a way that sustains more advertising, then you have a good business model. If not then either make it better or advertise better, or move on to another idea.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
How many questions, comments, or insights have you given the forum? Should I feel impatient and upset because Chris hasn't contributed to many conversations outside of what he wants and asks?

I had to read this and think about it for a moment. At first I thought you were wrong. But when I really thought about it, the "days in the life of..." post don't really provide value to this forum. they're just there because I liked the thumbs up and the validation.

I'm not saying this to feel sorry for myself or because you're MJ either. I'm just happy that you put me in my place. Thank you. I'm going to make an effort to help anyone I can on this forum everyday.
You felt entitled to receive a fast, detailed response. And when it didn't come, it was personal -- an attack on you as if the forum had some deliberate intent to ignore you.
yes... I know... and its not something I'm proud of either.

I've had the "everyone is against me" mentality for awhile and am correcting it wherever I can. Where it came from is irrelevant, just know it won't be coming from me again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.