The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I find a need?

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
How do I find a need?

I've contacted business on LinkedIn but this really didn't work out (low/none response rate).
I've read both books and I'm ready to start my fastlane journey.

Only thing I'm fighting is... where can I provide value? Where does someone need me?
How do I get an overview where help is needed? What's the best/good way to find this out?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
How do I find a need?

I've contacted business on LinkedIn but this really didn't work out (low/none response rate).

Only thing I'm fighting is... where can I provide value? Where does someone need me?
How do I get an overview where help is needed? What's the best/good way to find this out?
Here are a few ideas to uncover need:
1) Examine the dissatisfying things in your life or business. If you're not happy with something, then there's a good chance others aren't, too.
2) Ask people in your warm market - family, friends, colleagues - what they like/don't like in their jobs/business/life. That should provide other clues as to where needs exist.
3) If you have a niche in mind, then offer people in that niche and incentive (coffee, lunch, donation to their favorite charity, or whatever) in exchange for picking their brains about their likes/dislikes.

That should get you started.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
How do I find a need?

Read unscripted , MJ already covered this....

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Maybe I forgot or misread.
Can you advise which chapter this is about?
Pick up the book, do the work. Don't mean to be harsh because you're new, but you'll soon learn that people aren't going to hold your hand here, and you won't get favorable replies when you ask questions to which you can find the answer with a little effort.

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Pick up the book, do the work. Don't mean to be harsh because you're new, but you'll soon learn that people aren't going to hold your hand here, and you won't get favorable replies when you ask questions to which you can find the answer with a little effort.

Makes sense though.
And I get it as well. It’s a bad habit of mine.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Ask the right questions to the right people and see the world around you with critical eyes. For instance: Which problem can be solved in your community that has not been yet adressed?

A personal example of mine is I am looking for a plant based nutrition online course and I have not found anything, therefore someone in the future will create it and make a good amount of money.

Megan Kay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Nov 27, 2018
We started a "Book of Needs" and are writing down things as we encounter them through the day. Then we can periodically analyze what we've written down and see if any resonate as a possible business opp. I've got the kids involved in this too; they have a different set of wants and needs than I do so we get a broader range of ideas.

D

Deleted50669

We started a "Book of Needs" and are writing down things as we encounter them through the day. Then we can periodically analyze what we've written down and see if any resonate as a possible business opp. I've got the kids involved in this too; they have a different set of wants and needs than I do so we get a broader range of ideas.
just sell that book

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs.svg

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-5_11-20-46.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-5_11-20-46.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 29

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How do I find a need?

Look closer to home? The Mother Theresa quote in my signature?

Also... just get in a habit of helping people. Hold doors open for folks. Help someone across the road. Listen to people all the while thinking “how can I help this person?”

Maybe check out the 700+ PM thread in my signature?

Ganglion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 21, 2018
United Kingdom
MJ said it best in one of his posts. (?Paraphrasing)... "Engage an industry, engage life".

Here's how I interpreted this.

If you for example, enjoy Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ), you could easily find a product/service to provide in this niche.

Start taking BJJ classes, and you'll meet people who are crazy about BJJ.

As you talk to these people and get to know them, you'll naturally discover unmet needs in this market.

It doesn't have to be an industry you enjoy.

You may be better off finding an industry of rabid buyers with fat wallets.

You might decide you'll make more money in the golf market.

I know jack-all about golf, but in this case you'd join a golf club, golf yourself, get to know fellow golfers, and that way you naturally discover unmet needs in the market.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I've had a computer since i was 4 years old, i played games all my life and got a computer engineering degree.
Computers is my shit and i now im in app development as my fastlane path.

What's your shit?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.