The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How did you all conduct market research/ did u just forgot about it

Godswill

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 9, 2020
Nigeria
I have been trying to get my new business started but I have been struggling with the Market research problem, and when ever I search about it on Google it even gets worse, I become more confused.
Am trying to build a website where anyone who needs a reliable and professional cleaner can find one easily but am stuck trying to conduct market research. Please am in desperate need of your assistance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itsmeantonios

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 28, 2020
Canada
I'm no genius but I'd like to help if I can. What is the confusing part?

Can't find cleaning businesses?
Can't find whether a service like yours would be needed?

MY thoughts on building a website like yours would pretty much just be get the customer's address and show them a list of cleaners pulled from Google Maps sorted from highest to lowest rating based on google reviews within a certain distance.

Itsmeantonios

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 28, 2020
Canada
If my service are needed and how to know a potential customer
Well, if you have experience creating websites you could to just make your website and see if people use it. I asked my friend who is a web developer how long it would take him to make a basic website with integration with Google Maps' reviews API. He said he could make it in an afternoon pretty easily....

Even if you don't have experience, you can probably use a service like Wix, Wordpress, Foursquare. There are many services available to create a website. As far as integrating Google Maps, I don't know. That is all beyond my knowledge.

Another thing you could do is call around to the local cleaning companies and try to book an appointment. You might be able to gauge how busy they are based on how soon you are able to get an appointment. Can they come right away, tomorrow, next week? If you are able to get an appointment right away, it might indicate that people are not aware of their services, business is slow, or that people just don't use cleaning services very often.

I can tell you from my own experience that people of a moderately good income will most likely use a cleaning service. My friend who is fairly well off has cleaners come every week. My old landlord/roomate who was also fairly well off had cleaners come every 2 weeks.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Godswill

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 9, 2020
Nigeria
Well, if you have experience creating websites you could to just make your website and see if people use it. I asked my friend who is a web developer how long it would take him to make a basic website with integration with Google Maps' reviews API. He said he could make it in an afternoon pretty easily....

Even if you don't have experience, you can probably use a service like Wix, Wordpress, Foursquare. There are many services available to create a website. As far as integrating Google Maps, I don't know. That is all beyond my knowledge.

Another thing you could do is call around to the local cleaning companies and try to book an appointment. You might be able to gauge how busy they are based on how soon you are able to get an appointment. Can they come right away, tomorrow, next week? If you are able to get an appointment right away, it might indicate that people are not aware of their services, business is slow, or that people just don't use cleaning services very often.

I can tell you from my own experience that people of a moderately good income will most likely use a cleaning service. My friend who is fairly well off has cleaners come every week. My old landlord/roomate who was also fairly well off had cleaners come every 2 weeks.
Thanks alot

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.