The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I meet likeminded people IRL?

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
I've been struggling for sooooo much time about this... Is society that F*cked that I can't even find people that think like me?

I will rather be alone than be surrounded by idiots, but being alone for so much time sucks.

How can I meet fellas that think like me? I feel very lonely, I don't do anything with anybody any day of the week, I just stay home and I don't socialize.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Likeminded people (namely, those who don't socialize) are also staying at home, obviously.

If you meet a quality person that takes a liking to you, he/she can introduce you to a new social circle, and you will find a lot more people that are similar to this person. This will only happen if you have something to offer them socially. If you're not an interesting person to them, you have to be interested in them instead, by asking them interesting questions, listening etc.

Idiots are many, so at times you will have to tolerate them. Since you are above the level of the idiots, you should be able to understand and interact with them, shouldn't you? As in, relate to them at their level, practicing your empathy?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I've been struggling for sooooo much time about this... Is society that F*cked that I can't even find people that think like me?

I will rather be alone than be surrounded by idiots, but being alone for so much time sucks.

How can I meet fellas that think like me? I feel very lonely, I don't do anything with anybody any day of the week, I just stay home and I don't socialize.
If your life is boring, look in the mirror. There's a lot of resources online to find things to do. So do things that interesting people do. "Interesting" however you define it.

If you truly are the only one worthy of your time in your corner of the world, move.

Being less judgey wouldn't hurt. Maybe you are so isolated because you think you are better than everybody and they sense it. What have you done to merit such an ego? You blame society but whoever said society is here to cater to your needs?

ds_groundupbiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
I like to use Meetup.com to find events online and in person. Since it is a free resource, and most of the events are free, I have been able to create some like-minded friendships over the past few years.

It may be worth looking into. Also, you can connect with people on the FF and you may be able to build some relationships, hop on a call, and quite possibly end up meeting one day.

Have a nice one Stefan.was.here! :smile2:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Why did you post it here? Do you think like people on this forum?

If so, DM those people. I’ve met some great people here and connected IRL.

You are where you are because of decisions you’ve made so far. Change something about your actions and see different outcome.

For example: ask better questions. Instead of “why can’t I meet so and so?” - ask “what can I do to meet a person with the following characteristics? …”

You’ll be surprised what great ideas come from better questions.

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
My sincere apologies to everyone. When I wrote this post, I was in a sad mood and acted like a kid.

I would like to own all my responsibility and say sorry. But especially to my family and me.

I take all responsibility for my problems.

Everything that happens to me is my bad, and I have the power to change it.

Blaming others is not and will never be the answer.

And thank you to you guys, for taking the time to answer me with the TRUTH and for giving me value.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Why did you post it here? Do you think like people on this forum?

If so, DM those people. I’ve met some great people here and connected IRL.

You are where you are because of decisions you’ve made so far. Change something about your actions and see different outcome.

For example: ask better questions. Instead of “why can’t I meet so and so?” - ask “what can I do to meet a person with the following characteristics? …”

You’ll be surprised what great ideas come from better questions.

My sincere apologies to everyone. When I wrote this post, I was in a sad mood and acted like a kid.

I would like to own all my responsibility and say sorry. But especially to my family and me.

I take all responsibility for my problems.

Everything that happens to me is my bad, and I have the power to change it.

Blaming others is not and will never be the answer.

And thank you to you guys, for taking the time to answer me with the TRUTH and for giving me value.

Good, I'm glad you came around, cause you don't know how close you were to being added to Antifragile's ignore list!

:eek::rofl::hilarious:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@BizyDad
Have you heard about the new restaurant called ‘Karma?’ There’s no menu—you get what you deserve.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.