The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to effortlessly meet likeminded people

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
For a long time I have been unable to find and build relationships with other people with the same goals as me.

I would search up "how to find likeminded people" and it would always say "go join a group".
Frustrating.

My business started to pick up and I started giving business advice to friends. Still nothing. They'd say cool and then forget about it.

I came to a conclusion that there must be no likeminded people in my area; especially none in my high school.

But I was wrong..

I started posting about my business on TikTok and gained traction quickly. People started approaching me at school asking how they can start making money. Some guys offered to help me find clients for commission. I even went window cleaning with 2 guys from my school who asked me how to get started making money and we made $900 in one evening! But its not just my school, I have people from all over my city connecting with me now.

I've formed tons of connections with people once I stopped hunting for likeminded people and instead started attracting them. No one will want anything to do with you if you can't offer them anything. To effortlessly meet likeminded people, you must build yourself to the point where you can provide value and put yourself somewhere where likeminded people can find you.

This forum is great for this. Though, I'd much rather have connections that live in my city. Everybody here is already likeminded. No one here will want to connect if you are a new contributor asking "is copywriting a good business to start in 2023?" They will want to connect when they see you making big moves.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
They will want to connect when they see you making big moves providing value.

Great point. I'll be happy to link to this post every time somebody comes on here complaining that they can't meet like-minded people.

I just had the one little quibble above. I guess that depends on how you define "big". But on this forum, there's plenty of people that I don't think of as making big moves but are providing big value and making great connections...

Last edited:

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana
How do you start posting? How did you get over the obstacle of what would your friends, family, etc think? How did you do it with less social proof? How did you get to videos that are good enough?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How did you get over the obstacle of what would your friends, family, etc think?
Think about who you're helping instead?

How did you do it with less social proof?
Just start posting about what you're doing and learning?

How did you get to videos that are good enough?
Hit publish. Then publish regularly. You'll naturally start improving your videos.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Just putting this here to prove my point further.

Opportunities only present themselves when you take action. Do nothing, expect nothing.

IMG_3328.png

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jan 18, 2022
This is one of my favorite social constructs, and it is something I've personally battled with here and there.

On one hand, you can't blame people for never believing us when we say, "I want to change the world." At the very least, you can't blame them for wanting evidence.

On the other hand, after selling my agency, I did have people reaching out and whatnot, and despite wanting to help, I ultimately chose the petty path via telling them to "figure it out like I did."

I tend to migrate towards the mentality of "it's all good if you don't believe in me, but you don't get to laugh in my face only to later beg me for help/money/advice/etc. upon realizing I wasn't on any bullshit."

I am trying to be less petty, however...

Cheers.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Yo @perchboy

What do you use for marketing? I think I cant rely on d2d and nextdoor and Facebook anymore. I have to do something to upgrade my conversion rate so I kinda need some advice on what you use for marketing.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
May 30, 2023
Yo @perchboy

What do you use for marketing? I think I cant rely on d2d and nextdoor and Facebook anymore. I have to do something to upgrade my conversion rate so I kinda need some advice on what you use for marketing.
Never used them, but... Funnels? Check out dotcom, Expert and traffic secrets by Russel Brunson. MJ has actually berated the guy for selling bs, but you can't deny he is a god-tier marketer (although he is selfish af)

That said, maybe check out traffic and dotcom secrets. It:ll help for sure.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Yo @perchboy

GMB page + Nextdoor + Facebook ads + Google AdWords have worked wonders for me.

Not tryna scale rn. Just doing a few jobs so I still have money to go out bc I’m focusing on a more long term project now.

What is your business though?

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
GMB page + Nextdoor + Facebook ads + Google AdWords have worked wonders for me.

Not tryna scale rn. Just doing a few jobs so I still have money to go out bc I’m focusing on a more long term project now.

What is your business though?
Btw what's your long term project?

I started this little window cleaning biz to learn about business. Never thought about getting it legit or scaling although it comes naturally to me. Thought that I should add more value to it though

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.