The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I make $500 online?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Future

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 10, 2020
I am a 15 year old kid who wants to start an online business to support my single mom and achieve financial freedom.
But I don't have the money to start it,
So how can I make at least 50$ online per month?
I am working on a blog right now.
This is my first time here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I am a 15 year old kid who wants to start an online business to support my single mom and achieve financial freedom.

Nice to meet you!

What skills do you have now? Can you draw/ paint/ make seomthing? Write maybe?

What is the blog about?

Why online when you can go to normal work and earn 50 in a day?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wow. Good for you! Huge respect.

Can you signup a $50/mth client? What service would it be for?

Can you then get 10 of those?

Future

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 10, 2020
Nice to meet you!

What skills do you have now? Can you draw/ paint/ make seomthing? Write maybe?

What is the blog about?
The blog's about Gaming,
And I've been learning web design for a few months,
Gonna start learning programming after that.

Future

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 10, 2020
Wow. Good for you! Huge respect.

Can you signup a $50/mth client? What service would it be for?

Can you then get 10 of those?
There is a really bad need for a web developing service for the local businesses in my city, So in planning on providing it in around 6 months, but even that requires capital but my service won't cover the commandment of scale and time.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
I am a 15 year old kid who wants to start an online business to support my single mom

Welcome to the forum. It's incredible you have this mindset at your age. You have a great start for your "Why?". Build on that and the "What?" and "How?" will appear.

that requires capital but my service won't cover the commandment of scale and time.
Scale and time aren't relevant if your goal is to make $50 per month. Find a business in your area who you could help by providing them with a great website.

What capital is required to address the need you've identified in your city? You presumably live with your mother and have access to the internet. What's holding you back from helping local businesses bring in more clients? @Fox is the forum's resident authority on web design. Read his posts on this forum. That will be a great start.

Future

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 10, 2020
Welcome to the forum. It's incredible you have this mindset at your age. You have a great start for your "Why?". Build on that and the "What?" and "How?" will appear.

Scale and time aren't relevant if your goal is to make $50 per month. Find a business in your area who you could help by providing them with a great website.

What capital is required to address the need you've identified in your city? You presumably live with your mother and have access to the internet. What's holding you back from helping local businesses bring in more clients? @Fox is the forum's resident authority on web design. Read his posts on this forum. That will be a great start.
Thank you but it'll be hard convincing someone to trust a 15 year old but I am gonna try though.
And I don't have the capital to buy a domain for my service.

Thanks for taking your time to help me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
but it'll be hard convincing someone to trust a 15 year old
I remember a young lad coming into the open learning center in a college where I was an IT instructor.
All the older folks getting stuck on their PCs would call him over to help him.
For some things, people assume you know more and are better *because* you're younger.

I don't have the capital to buy a domain for my service.
You don't need a domain for your service. I don't have one. I have andyblack.net redirect to my LinkedIn profile. Tada! : )

Future

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 10, 2020
I remember a young lad coming into the open learning center in a college where I was an IT instructor.
All the older folks getting stuck on their PCs would call him over to help him.
For some things, people assume you know more and are better *because* you're younger.

You don't need a domain for your service. I don't have one. I have andyblack.net redirect to my LinkedIn profile. Tada! : )
Thanks Sir,I never even thought about linked in, Many thanks!

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Thank you but it'll be hard convincing someone to trust a 15 year old but I am gonna try though.

To quote @MJ DeMarco from the Summit, "Done Beats Doubt". A business owner with a terrible website could forgive a 15 year old trying to get their first client for not having their own website.

Do you know HTML and CSS? You could make a sample website for a business owner using Notepad++ for free. You wouldn't even need to host it, just send them the .HTML file or if you are worried they will steal your code, just save as a PDF or show them a sample. Prove that you can improve their website. Sell your service as a way for them to help more customers.

Future

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 10, 2020
I
To quote @MJ DeMarco from the Summit, "Done Beats Doubt". A business owner with a terrible website could forgive a 15 year old trying to get their first client for not having their own website.

Do you know HTML and CSS? You could make a sample website for a business owner using Notepad++ for free. You wouldn't even need to host it, just send them the .HTML file or if you are worried they will steal your code, just save as a PDF or show them a sample. Prove that you can improve their website. Sell your service as a way for them to help more customers.
I yeah, I even know angular and react.
I'm gonna start building a website for a business a few blocks away
Thank you

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What social media platforms do you know? Can you post to someone’s Facebook or Instagram page once a week? Could you run their Facebook ads for them? What about Snapchat, Tik Tok, and other things us old folks don’t know about?

Lots of things you can do that people already assume you know more about than them, and that do NOT mean you need to learn or build anything.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What else do people pay for that just requires a bit of skill and time?

Video editing? Whiteboard / animation videos?

Future

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 10, 2020
What social media platforms do you know? Can you post to someone’s Facebook or Instagram page once a week? Could you run their Facebook ads for them? What about Snapchat, Tik Tok, and other things is old folks don’t know about?

Lots of things you can do that people already assume you know more about than them, and that do NOT mean you need to learn or build anything.
The local businesses here do need a Facebook page, I think It will increase their profit by 20%, I'll try emailing them about it.
Thank you

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The local businesses here do need a Facebook page, I think It will increase their profit by 20%, I'll try emailing them about it.
Thank you
In the meantime, maybe create a local Facebook page for businesses where you can learn things and post tips. Document what you’re doing and how you do it.

Check out the Inbound/Sales braindump in my signature.

I imagine if you attended a local business workshop or course saying you help businesses with their Facebook pages that you’d get a lot of positive responses and desire to help you.

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
Gaming blogs can make great revenue off ads for collections of keywords of helpful tips. I recommend looking at case studies on reddit's r/juststart. There are some gaming blogs there. But, there is a learning curve. If you stick with it you'll have plenty of time to overcome that.

I'll use fortnite as an example. Find an informational keyword for this niche like "how to draw fortnite skins", write an article about it. THEN, make a youtube tutorial about it. There may be competition, but as you continue down this Silo of fortnite help, google and youtube will be more likely to recommend your resources especially if they're well-made. fortnite.JPG

When you've exhausted fortnite by answering questions, go to the next game. Interspersed between this, keep relevant with articles for games coming out and all that jazz. Then you'll have a gaming blog. Traffic usually grows exponentially, so it may take a year to get the ball rolling.

Keep with it every day and it's a real possibility to get where you want and more.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Someone being younger may make buyers a little more skeptical. But if you have a portfolio to point to, that will help greatly in overcoming doubt. At the end of the day, it's the quality of work that matters not the other characteristics of the person that created it.

You can get domains for extremely cheap on namecheap.com.

If you have not yet read Unscripted , I would highly suggest doing so.

I will point out the not so short quote in my signature for some wisdom as well.

Swift

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 10, 2019
USA
Providing a solution to a business or product/service to a customer. This guy is pretty helpful if you're looking to go the service business route View: https://twitter.com/RyanHolmerr/status/1226253618229080064?s=20

peterb0yd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Dec 30, 2019

Have you seen Wendys' or Netlfix's twitter account? I'm pretty sure they only hire 15 year olds to run it.

Swift

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 10, 2019
USA

They aren't gonna know you're 15 unless you have a high pitch voice and are super nervous on the phone. Everyone sounds nervous in sales until they've practiced enough over time.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Future, really cool to see you starting your journey so early!

I would advise you to checkout fiverr.com and see what kind of services are offered there. Is there anything which you think you could also do? Once you find that "something" which you think you can offer, start offering it at a cheap price and getting reviews. Once you start getting good at it, raise your prices. 500$ a month should deffinetly be possible!

MarkT525

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 16, 2020
Hi Future.

Here's another idea for you. Since you're a coder you might want to think about making paid plugins for things like Shopify or Wordpress. Lots of people are using these platforms and there is a good amount of demand for plugin type extensions.

Just a thought
Mark

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I can't tell you how much I love a 15 year old with your gusto.

So here goes. This is it. Ground floor and nowhere to go but UP. Easy money.

You want to build a blog - fine, but that is going to take time - so do it if you want to, but put it on the back burner. That can be your side project.

Can you find a business that would like a feature ARTICLE about something once a month? I could find 6 of them in a day. Write a feature article article about the next great thing in their business - or a how-to article. Something VALUABLE that is new that their customers don't know about. My first stop would be a car parts store. Explain the differences in batteries. Make a large poster to put in their window - make some hand out flyers they can put in their customer's bags. What business doesn't need to promote - and promote being the key word there - something?

Here is what I would do - call them up and say you are searching out a progressive company that needs to promote one or two things a month, but doesn't have a big advertising budget. That's - who? Everybody. Price it this way - they send you the raw information by email, you create a blog article, a 5x7 hand out flyer for use in-store WITH a coupon on it - for $75.00 If they want the deluxe package, you have a printer make 4 3' x 4' color posters - three for their windows - and one on a pedestal that customers walk by as they come in the front door. Printer charges you $100 - you charge $165. Cha ching! What is their just-gotta-have-it MONTHLY special? Did I say monthly? Yes I did - which means you find one customer, and they will use you one to two times a month - forever.

Next stop - car repair shops. 50% off brake jobs with purchase of two tires. Make it two so it's cheap - then the store can bump em up to four. Can that sell brake jobs? All damn DAY!

Level with them - tell them you are in school studying web design and graphic arts and only want small jobs so you can pay for your software and education, so you are GLAD to pass on spectacular savings to them and do this work for a FRACTION of what a full time designer would charge. Will they love you? No. Some of them won't. But you don't need every person in the world to be your customer. Some definately WILL. You will also have some that might have you work into running/maintaining their website for them - redesigning it - running their advertising. There is NO limit to the possibilities.

IF you work for a car dealer, they might let you use a car for free, when you get your license, as a perk if you do a lot of work for them.

All of this costs NOTHING except your time and expertise, to start.

Another BIG customer - Gyms. Super competitive. In addition to the great deal you are going to give them, think outside the box. Have them throw in a membership for you and two of your friends. Costs them nothing, so ask.

Car washes. Look for businesses that people DON'T need to go to. Car washes (hand wash high-quality places) and gyms are ideal. Small family restaurants - make a Tuesday and Wednesday special of some kind. DRUM UP business for them - for a song. I'll bet at least half of them will feel lucky they found you.

To do all of this, get your mind in the right place. Assume that one of five will hire you. When you are rejected - don't take it personally. Tell yourself that now you are more experienced at presenting your services - AND you are one step closer to finding your next customer. Stay positive.

YOU do have a skill set - and you DO offer a very highly valuable service - for a pittance. Keep on them. Be your OWN customer - which means market YOURSELF the way you would market them. Drop off a bullet list flyer of not just what you can do - but the BENEFITS you can deliver to their business. Take pictures and get testimonials from customers. When they see how well you promote YOURSELF in a professional manner, they will sure want you to do that for THEM as well.

Don't expect immediate results. Keep in touch with your clients once a week - non-obtrusive - emails are what I use. SendinBlue and Mailer Lite are two free email services that you can design high-quality emails with and send them automatically - for free for small numbers of customers. I have customers come to me on a steady basis that I have marketed to a long time ago using emails. Not everyone will be ready right away. Plant seeds as you go.

Promote promote promote! Find a slogan. A guy I knew used the line; What goes untold goes unsold. He did very well.

Your age. 15 is only a number. You are 15, going on 32. Don't sell yourself short. The only one that can limit you and tell you what you can't do is YOU.

You have ALREADY succeeded because your brain has already created the journey and the target for success that you will reach. You just need a map on how to get there.

Now you have it! Ask yourself - every day - what's holding you back?

Last edited:

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
All of the advice here are amazing.

If you don't think you can be creative at the moment, there are several Data Entry jobs where the basic knowledge of Excel and a typing speed of 30 words per minute is enough to fetch 30$ or more in a day if you can spend 3 hours.

If you don't like data entry jobs, hit up your local music stores and tell the advantages of creating a personal website to generate more customers. Then persuade them to pay you a decent amount for making them a website.

There are many websites which pay you for writing articles related to their fields of interest: studies, a particular exam or the current events happening in a city. You know there are some websites that require your help.

There is also a thing called Signature Campaign. If you're a reputed used on a forum and your post is viewed by many users, you can put ads/banners of companies you want to promote in your signature for a certain amount, which is easy money. Check out bitcointalk.org for more info into this.

All the best, my friend.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
OP, why does it have to be online?

You should start a home services business offline. Go mow lawns, wash windows, clean rain gutters, clean roofs, pressure wash, etc. You can easily make $500 in one job. Get a few jobs per month, and you're rolling in the dough. This is arguably less work than freelancing online for $500 at this level.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
OP, why does it have to be online?

You should start a home services business offline. Go mow lawns, wash windows, clean rain gutters, clean roofs, pressure wash, etc. You can easily make $500 in one job. Get a few jobs per month, and you're rolling in the dough. This is arguably less work than freelancing online for $500 at this level.
Thats a good idea, too.
Look for the lawn mowing thread and read it ! Much info there!

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Welcome to the forum! My hat's off to you for doing something to move the needle at your age. Good job.

The things you list as problems (no capital, etc) are things that *you* can personally overcome. I'm working with a marketing agency right now that doesn't seem to have their own website. Yet, they build websites for other people, and they charge just a tad more than you'd be charging for your websites. And by a tad, I mean many, many thousands of dollars more.

Even if you decide to get a domain name, you can earn the $20 required for it by mowing someone's lawn.

The rest of the stuff is also doable by you. If you don't know how to code something, take on the project anyway and find someone that can. No one needs to know that you're 15. Your client pays you, you pay your contractor, you keep the difference. The client gets a website that they like, and everyone is happy. PM me if you'd like advice on how to find good contractors. Bad ones will make your life a living hell. Good ones are worth their weight in gold.

Look at each problem that comes up as something you can solve, maybe with the advice of other people, but its still something you can overcome. Take each problem as it comes, and deal with them individually. This will help you not get overwhelmed by everything.

Keep your client up to date with where things stand. At the end of it, ask for feedback on how things went and what you can improve on. They will appreciate this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.