• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

House Hacking Book - Launching in a month

Discussion in 'Real Estate Investing' started by JustAskBenWhy, Jun 23, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

If you could afford to live anywhere, would you still be where you are?

This poll will close on Aug 22, 2017 at 3:52 PM.
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Hell No!

26 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $28,383
    Looking forward to the book. Replying here so that I can get updated when you release.

Good luck Ben!

JustAskBenWhy likes this.
  2. jlwilliams

jlwilliams Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,999
    Exciting stuff. Interested in the subject matter and liking the bonus of reading about the process behind the book itself.

3. JustAskBenWhy

JustAskBenWhy Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    Yep, I'll make sure everyone here knows!

4. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    Getting closer. The initial response to some of my pre-launch funnels has been strong. People are definitely engaged with my vision of House Hacking.

In the meantime I decided to upgrade the cover. I think it's good now - the right flavor of "it's not a hotel or apartment" kind of thing...

House Hacking_3D-No Badge.jpg

Scot, garyjsmith and jasoncuellar123 like this.
  5. mike24601

mike24601 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,924
    Now that I'm done with Unscripted, I am eagerly awaiting launch so I can dig into your book.

6. Argue

Argue Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,338
    This is inspirational stuff to be honest with you. Your marketing is solid!

I'm considering getting the book because I'm interested in the info and what I can do with it. I might convert, don't know yet.

I have a very embarrassing question tho, so please don't flame me.

Here it goes:

If I live in NYC, can I get a property in another state (let's say Arizona), and rent it out to other people but not live there?

Is that the gist of it or do I have to be there physically because I am the owner? Thanks!

Scot likes this.
  7. mike24601

mike24601 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,924
    I'm sure Ben will have a better explaination than mine, but basically you can rent a property out anywhere. With a good property manager you eliminate most of the burdens of dealing with tenants for a monthly fee. Example: your property out in West Tatooine gets a busted pipe. The PM coordinates getting it fixed and you pay them. If you're low on capital for a down payment, keep in mind that certain loans, like FHA /homepath type have owner occupancy requirements for a certain period of time, but other financing options don't.

JustAskBenWhy and Argue like this.
  8. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    Just give me like 2 weeks. Checking off boxes now :)

#nowhere likes this.
  9. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    Yes, of course you can. However, management is an issue. But, more than that, you;d be missing the whole point of this particular book.

You say my "marketing is solid". What I think is going on here is that the book simply creates real answers for real people. It fulfills a need, so marketing for this book is easy. Now - what are the real needs (problems) that this book solves?

1. Off-setting cost of living. High burn, as I call it. Making home-ownership affordable.
    2. Locaional freedom - an ability to say I'm done here, I'm going to go there now.
    3. Real estate investing strategy that is easier and more full-proof for newbies.

In your case, for instance, you would do the following:

1. Buy and read the book.
    2. Call, text, or email me - I will hook you up with a really great Keller Williams agent (good friend of mine who knows...)
    3. Find the right property across the river in Northern NJ
    4. Do some version of what I teach in the book.

I promise - you will get much farther doing it my way rather than trying to manage a house here and a house there. Guaranteed!

Argue likes this.
  10. Argue

Argue Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,338
    This is awesome! I'll come back to this post when I have completed the book.

11. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    I am so close. Finishing all of my funnels. Creating the landing pages I reference in the book. Creating FB marketing package and funnel as well. Shouldn't take but a few more days now.

I haven't been this excited about a product since I created CFFU. I could have written a book a long time ago. I could have written more than one. But, I hate to regurgitate. I really do have something new to add to the conversation with 'House Hacking'. When I wrote it, the stuff just poured out. Had the whole book written within weeks.

And I think folks are connecting. For some it's a conscious thing, while for others it's subconscious, but based on the very early reception - this topic is on a lot of people's minds! I think I understand why...

You've got Rich Dad telling people a house is a liability. You've got Cardone putting his spin on it and telling people that a house is counter-mobility and therefore counter to economic interest of 20-30 year olds. They are both right to a large extent. And yet - there's something inherently out of whack with both arguments... 'House Hacking' strikes a nerve because it connects the dots and puts both of those arguments in check.

If you buy the right house, the right footprint, the right location, the right business plan - the house not only becomes an asset, but is able to be used as a tool to actually 10X your quality of life. House hacking as I see it is a tool to live larger, freer, and yet safer than otherwise possible. Folks are sensing this, and this is why I think I am seeing such tremendous and positive response...

Just a few more days!

Argue likes this.
  12. Argue

Rep Bank:
    $6,338
    Amazing! Love the energy/passion you're displaying here! I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread for updates/release! Exciting times!

13. mike24601

Rep Bank:
    $1,924
    Just went through your website again and actually watched your video. The casita you set up is gorgeous! Very impressive. I stay in hotels several times a month for work, and I have stayed in numerous AirBnB properties that left so much to be desired, always wishing the owner would just put a little more care into the details. It's no surprise you bring in such high revenues with that unit. I have been embracing the suck and living with family for the past year and saving up as much as I can so that I can get in on my own house-hack. Looking forward starting soon!

14. BlakeIC

BlakeIC Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,535
    watched/subbed

15. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    Yes, we made it quite nice.

The thing about rentals of any kind is that we make improvements for 3 reasons. One is obvious - to keep things functioning as intended. The other is rather obvious too - to bring in higher rent revenue due to having nicer a space. But the third reason, which few people think about, is to qualify (select) tenant base.

In the apartment world some of the greatest losses are not actually the LTL (loss to lease - lower than market rent), but the other economic losses such as bad debt, turns, increased R&M and CapEx. Those are all a function of people's behavior, and it is crucial to attract the right kind of people to your unit.

This is a lot of what I teach in this book. There is a reason I bought this house and not any other. In this location and not another. There is the reason I spent more money on the rehab, not less, and did upscale finishing textures. It's about as hard to by a duplex in the middle of the ghetto as it is to fall out of a freaking tree - that's not what I do, and it's not what 'House Hacking' is about.

There is logic behind everything, and a lot of this logic is counter-intuitive unless you've been in the rental business for a long time and have seen people and property interact. It's not hard, but it does require a marginal shift in thinking, which is what I try to deliver in the book...

5FOR2 likes this.
  16. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006

17. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    OK. I am going for Bestseller on Amazon...I think I can get there, but I need your help.

My 'House Hacking' book is on Amazon (kindle and paper...audible coming in about a week) -- Click Here to see but do NOT buy yet!

Please Buy the Book on Thursday 27th!

On Thursday 27th I’ll be running a $0.99 special for the Kindle version of the book. I am sure you understand that at $0.99 I am not aiming to make much money here. Instead, I am aiming to generate a lot of transactional activity within a short time-frame so as to get Amazon to notice, which is the real key.

So - can you please buy ‘house hacking’ on the 27th for $0.99 and leave a review? Also, could you tell 3 friends (more if you really like me :)

Very important - the purchases have to come through on Thursday 27th, so the $0.99 price is only for that day.

Finally, once there you’ll see that you can either buy Kindle (which will be discounted) or the paper book. Those of you who prefer the paper book, go for it by all means! Personally this would be my preference whenever I buy a book. Paper + audible. Audible is coming in a few days!

There are a bunch of things happening before the 27th and after. But, Thursday 27th is huge...I appreciate your help and support!

PS: This book is some of my best work. People should read it, and I am trying to do all I can to get the word out.

PPS: Naturally, I'll post a reminder on Thursday

Scot, Argue, mike24601 and 1 other person like this.
  18. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $56,115
    I'll play but you have to remind me. :)

Duane and JustAskBenWhy like this.
  19. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    Jon - of course I'll come back to this thread on Thursday! Thanks

How've you been?

jon.a likes this.
  20. NickC

NickC New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $26
    I'm gonna buy and read it. Friendly advice. Be careful when asking for reviews on amazon they do not like that at all

21. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    You're right, which is why I ask very carefully... I trust everyone here knows the drill and what we're trying to do.

Thank you for your help!

22. JustAskBenWhy

Rep Bank:
    $3,006
    Good morning ladies and gents,

Culmination of 3 months of work - House Hacking is LIVE on Amazon!

The Kindle version is Discounted to $0.99 for TODAY ONLY. The paperback is regular price. The audible is still under review so I'll push that out later.

I will talk more about the process later. Today - sell, sell, sell! Help push me to #1 bestseller. Pick up a copy today!

Talk soon, guys!

MJ DeMarco, Argue, TeveTorbes and 2 others like this.
  23. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $6,166
    Just bought. I was going to buy it anyway, but for .99 I've bought all kinds of stupid shit on Kindle, so this this a great deal.

Probably won't get around to reading for a week or so. I'm sure your book is great, but no way I'm stopping a Thomas Sowell masterpiece right in the middle. :p

JustAskBenWhy and jon.a like this.
  24. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $56,115
    Done :)

25. ace81385

ace81385 Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $185

Ben just ordered my copy need to finish another book first but will def read in next week or so!