The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help improve my site / company?

whiterabbit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 18, 2017
leeds
Hi guys. Im looking for tips on how to help improve my company. Its very small currently and looking for ways to get new customers. Basically myself and another guy check what peoples former employers are saying about them in their job references.

The site is www.checkyourref.com

We are currently advertising on facebook, google ads and linkedin ads, we are having a few customers but not enough to be worth while after removing costs of the CPC's. Especially from linked in the cost per click is around 2 pounds each click! Very expensive.

Anway so I guess im just looking for feedback on ideas of how to increase sales or any general tips. Feel free to slate me.

Thankyou,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Autoplaying sound doesn't give off a great impression and can be considered annoying. It's quite hard to see where it comes from when you're at the top.

LRG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
363%
Apr 14, 2016
Hi whiterabbit! There are a ton of things to improve on your site. First, your site is not responsive, which is really a must nowadays. Also, don't use wix... they are slow websites and not especially secure. Instead of wix, use WordPress or some good HTML theme (if you don't plan to update content regularly) as a starting point. Anyways, if you are spending on ads and traffic, having a good design & copy is really useful.

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
Interesting concept... If you "had" to go from "500 people helped" to "5000 people helped" in, say, 6 months, what would have to change?

Ditching Wix is probably important; but what about scalability? How many people can "me and another guy" help?

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Hi guys. Im looking for tips on how to help improve my company. Its very small currently and looking for ways to get new customers. Basically myself and another guy check what peoples former employers are saying about them in their job references.

The site is www.checkyourref.com

We are currently advertising on facebook, google ads and linkedin ads, we are having a few customers but not enough to be worth while after removing costs of the CPC's. Especially from linked in the cost per click is around 2 pounds each click! Very expensive.

Anway so I guess im just looking for feedback on ideas of how to increase sales or any general tips. Feel free to slate me.

Thankyou,

First of all, awesome business concept. I personally love the idea, and I think it's something that has an enormous reach potential.

I noticed that near the bottom of the homepage it says "See what our clients our saying," which, of course "our" was used when "are" should have been used.

For me personally, the Check Your Ref font at the very top is kind of hard to read because of its shape. Also, the gray coloring is a turn-off for me. The more I observe different ads, I notice that the ads getting a lot of clicks are those with good colors and good copy. Even if the concept is excellent, as I think yours is, people are deciding whether to click "x" or continue scrolling based on whether what they see on the page resonates with their subconscious, e.g. colors and pictures, and it doesn't necessarily matter what their logical, conscious mind is saying. Ca$hvertising is a good book that talks in detail about these concepts. MJ uses the example of his book covers to highlight this concept. When his book was released, people were saying it was a great book, but to ignore the ugly cover. He then changed the cover (pics of original cover and new cover included in this post), and sales apparently increased greatly. In other words, even though the content of the book was excellent, it didn't matter because people didn't judge based on the content, they made a quick decision based on the cover picture.

pic.1.jpg pic.jpg

Please keep in mind that these are just my own personal opinions, and they may not necessarily reflect the market at large. Again, love the idea, and I hope business takes off for you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.