The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello to all! A new beginning!

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
Hello to @MJ DeMarco and all fastlaners!

My name is Sarah. I’m 42, a single of mom of two with a 7 year old son, and 18 year old daughter.

I’ve spent the last 20 years as a nurse in Colorado. I’ve worked incredibly hard as a wage slave to save up for my kids’ college educations. My work is rewarding from an emotional standpoint, but not from a financial one.

I recently read both of MJ’s books, and I’m not sure I’ve finished two books that fast in my entire life! What eye-opening reads they were!

They inspired me to start thinking outside of the slow lane life, and to figure out what I want to do. I‘ve been writing a book on parenting as well as a creating a course on the same thing. Unfortunately, I know that these topics are super saturated on Amazon, etc. That being said, I’ve told myself that I will finish them, and I feel like I need to do so just to prove that I can. They’ve taken way longer than they should have, because, frankly, writing is hard, and time-consuming, and it’s too easy for me to procrastinate after my son goes to bed, I’m exhausted, and say “oh, I’ll just do it tomorrow.”

I need to get motivated, and I also figured it would be beneficial to surround myself with driven, like-minded people!

I look forward to conversing with you all, and I hope that I can also help you! I‘m a positive, high-energy, and (usually) driven individual!

If you have any thoughts, opinions, or just want to connect, don't hesitate to message me!

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Welcome, great to have you here!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
They inspired me to start thinking outside of the slow lane life, and to figure out what I want to do. I‘ve been writing a book on parenting as well as a creating a course on the same thing. Unfortunately, I know that these topics are super saturated on Amazon, etc. That being said, I’ve told myself that I will finish them, and I feel like I need to do so just to prove that I can.

Sometimes this is the best thing to do is to just take a small action, something, that proves you can do it. Small wins accumulate to bigger ones.

Welcome aboard, glad you enjoyed the books.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forum!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
It's great to have you with us Sarah. So far you seem to have done well despite the difficulties that being a single mom bring. Now you have the mindset that can take you much further than you previously dreamed.

By all means finish your book. Whatever you do, don't consider it a failure if you don't sell lots of books. Completion under your circumstances will be a great achievement.

Best Wishes,
Walter

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
It's great to have you with us Sarah. So far you seem to have done well despite the difficulties that being a single mom bring. Now you have the mindset that can take you much further than you previously dreamed.

By all means finish your book. Whatever you do, don't consider it a failure if you don't sell lots of books. Completion under your circumstances will be a great achievement.

Best Wishes,
Walter

Thank you @Walter Hay. I’ve read many of your posts, and in awe of your experience and knowledge!

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Welcome! If you’re in the Denver area, we’re shooting for a meetup 2/2 at 2pm. Still figuring out where, but probably close to downtown.

Follow this thread for updates:

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
Welcome! If you’re in the Denver area, we’re shooting for a meetup 2/2 at 2pm. Still figuring out where, but probably close to downtown.

Follow this thread for updates:

sounds awesome! count me in!

Mball

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 11, 2019
Welcome Sarah! Finish, even if it's one paragraph at a time! What has worked for me is to tell myself I'm going to work on something just a small amount and often times, I end up doing much more than anticipated. Let us know when you finish and keep us posted on your progress!

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
Welcome Sarah! Finish, even if it's one paragraph at a time! What has worked for me is to tell myself I'm going to work on something just a small amount and often times, I end up doing much more than anticipated. Let us know when you finish and keep us posted on your progress!

thanks so much! I’ll definitely follow your advice!

BrianLateStart

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 11, 2019
Horseheads, NY
Welcome to the forum and to a new way of life.

I too found MJ's books eye-opening. I've enjoyed my time in Engineering, but I wanted to have a try at the fastlane with a product I designed. As I'm progressing, I'm finding TMF is great for developing the process for your business and the CENTS commandments are 100% spot on, but I feel it's missing something.

Why would someone buy my product or your classes over all the supersaturated items on Amazon? I think the missing pieces to the puzzle are filled by the book "Known", by Mark Schaefer. Just like TMF isn't a get rich quick strategy, Known isn't about being famous. It's deliberate steps (hard work) to become known in your desired area. As you become known, you show up in search results, you're trusted and people will buy your product over someone that's unknown. The book is designed as actionable steps not just theory.

Mark says that no one makes money selling their book ( MJ probably did, but that's an exception). But, it's one of the best ways to be seen as an authority. Keep writing the book, but maybe consider a blog or some of Mark's other suggestions to becoming known. Good Luck!

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Welcome Sarah!

Even if your book isn't a mega-hit, being a published author opens up a lot of doors. It's a lot easier to get the attention of media outlets like radio and news stations if you introduce yourself as a published author.

Just a little tidbit to keep you charging forward. Sometimes the reasons we finish things are different than the reasons we started them.

I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Cheers

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
491%
Aug 13, 2018
Hello to @MJ DeMarco and all fastlaners!

My name is Sarah. I’m 42, a single of mom of two with a 7 year old son, and 18 year old daughter.

I’ve spent the last 20 years as a nurse in Colorado. I’ve worked incredibly hard as a wage slave to save up for my kids’ college educations. My work is rewarding from an emotional standpoint, but not from a financial one.

I recently read both of MJ’s books, and I’m not sure I’ve finished two books that fast in my entire life! What eye-opening reads they were!

They inspired me to start thinking outside of the slow lane life, and to figure out what I want to do. I‘ve been writing a book on parenting as well as a creating a course on the same thing. Unfortunately, I know that these topics are super saturated on Amazon, etc. That being said, I’ve told myself that I will finish them, and I feel like I need to do so just to prove that I can. They’ve taken way longer than they should have, because, frankly, writing is hard, and time-consuming, and it’s too easy for me to procrastinate after my son goes to bed, I’m exhausted, and say “oh, I’ll just do it tomorrow.”

I need to get motivated, and I also figured it would be beneficial to surround myself with driven, like-minded people!

I look forward to conversing with you all, and I hope that I can also help you! I‘m a positive, high-energy, and (usually) driven individual!

If you have any thoughts, opinions, or just want to connect, don't hesitate to message me!

Thanks!
Welcome, Sarah! Thanks for the great intro.

I'm in Colorado, too.

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
Welcome Sarah!

Even if your book isn't a mega-hit, being a published author opens up a lot of doors. It's a lot easier to get the attention of media outlets like radio and news stations if you introduce yourself as a published author.

Just a little tidbit to keep you charging forward. Sometimes the reasons we finish things are different than the reasons we started them.

I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Cheers

This is all awesome stuff. Thank you!

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
Welcome to the forum and to a new way of life.

I too found MJ's books eye-opening. I've enjoyed my time in Engineering, but I wanted to have a try at the fastlane with a product I designed. As I'm progressing, I'm finding TMF is great for developing the process for your business and the CENTS commandments are 100% spot on, but I feel it's missing something.

Why would someone buy my product or your classes over all the supersaturated items on Amazon? I think the missing pieces to the puzzle are filled by the book "Known", by Mark Schaefer. Just like TMF isn't a get rich quick strategy, Known isn't about being famous. It's deliberate steps (hard work) to become known in your desired area. As you become known, you show up in search results, you're trusted and people will buy your product over someone that's unknown. The book is designed as actionable steps not just theory.

Mark says that no one makes money selling their book ( MJ probably did, but that's an exception). But, it's one of the best ways to be seen as an authority. Keep writing the book, but maybe consider a blog or some of Mark's other suggestions to becoming known. Good Luck!

So true! Thanks @BrianLateStart!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...