The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello I'm new, who here can help an aspiring billionaire?

Should i move to silicon valley

• Total voters

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
Hey my name is zubair and I'm 17 years old. I'm from a great city called Toronto and man oh man do I want to be wealthy. My desire to be wealthy came from years of seeing my mom and dad struggle to pay the bills and they even fought sometimes about it. The real trigger for me was when my mom's car got repossessed. I told myself I would never let anybody do that to her again. So I dropped out of high school and started a YouTube channel. I liked it but didn't love it. My dad invested 2k for the equipment. Shout out to my loving dad. Anyways I failed and realized this wasn't for me. I sold my equipment recouped my losses and got a job. I'm saving money currently for an app idea I have. Going to get it outsourced and startup cost should be 10k. Anyways, my current health as well is not great. I'm a recent vegan and I have been going to the gym but lately I have been eating too much. I know health is wealth. Anyways I'm babbling on sorry, I have a deep desire for entrepreneurship. I know I should increase my knowledge. I have a passion for real estate, music, and tech. So eventually I will connect them. Do you think I should go to college? And if so what program? I'm always reading books on business and app startups. Anyways question is should I go to college? Should I move out? What advice can you millionaires tell a future billionaire?
BTW I can't wait to become like you guys

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi Zubair,

Very cool that you've decided to become wealthy. However, your hunting method is way off course.

The best I can help you with is by providing links to books that will answer your questions fully:

1. The Millionaire Fastlane - Click HERE to order
2. Unscripted - Click HERE to order

This is going to be the best investment you'll make at your age.

If you're not committed enough to invest few bucks in those books and dedicate few hours a day reading and understanding concepts, entrepreneurship is most likely a wrong choice my friend.

Best of luck!

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
You have an app idea and you're going to dump $10,000 into it 'eh?

Have you validated the need for this app? Seems like a lot of money and time to invest in something unless you're sure it's going to make you money. Apps are a pretty saturated market and EVERYONE has an app idea.

Unless your app solves a definitive problem in a way no other app does, you might have a hard time recouping your money. Just because YOU think it's a good idea doesn't mean you'll make money on it.

You're 17. I would not have dropped out of high school. There are benefits to having a diploma and even moreso some college education (despite what some may think).

I'm all for young entrepreneurship and am encouraging my daughter to become self employed, but I insisted on her having at least 1 year of junior college including at least one finance class and one business class. I wanted her to know how money and the economy works before starting her own business. These things are not taught in high school and few parents teach their children. Without this knowledge, your likely to blow your first profits on stupid shit and run your 'business' into the ground.

My advice: Get your GED at least and either educate yourself on finance or take a couple of college courses. Become more educated than your peers and perhaps your parents on how money works.

Then, go become an expert at recognizing problems. Every time you get angry, frustrated, upset, in your daily life USE that emotion to stop and think "Is this a problem I can solve for myself and others?". If it's something you can solve for yourself, chances are someone else is having the same issue. Go through this exercise enough and you'll find a problem you can solve AND make money with. Don't chase the money and don't sit there thinking you can do what everyone else is doing and get rich (youtube channels, making an app, selling those stupid spinners, etc). Sometimes the simplest solutions to problems are the ones that sell.

Good luck.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
The real question is, can a future billionaire help himself?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
There are benefits to having a diploma and even moreso some college education (despite what some may think).
Yup, if you want to get a job for some industries you are interested in spying for needs, the minimum is a high school qualification.
For engineering or traditional professions, a degree is required.
And of course you will be provided with a minimum ability to do math, read, write, analyse and provide opinions.
Apps are a pretty saturated market and EVERYONE has an app idea.
Not to forget that should you go to Silicon Valley, the living costs are insanely high.
When you are starting out, high living costs can drain you of funds in no time.

But don't worry, there's lots of ways to make it without needing to make apps. The world doesn't solely run on apps alone!
Read up around here, @Zubairbilli . And get the books, as @Almantas advised.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Instead of asking
Who can help me become a billionaire?
try asking
Who can I help (to get paid) and become a billionaire?

-

Before you throw 10k on an app idea, ask yourself:
Who does this app help?
What need is it fulfilling?
What problem is it solving?

And then you can ask yourself if going to collge or silicon valley is really needed to make your idea a reality.

Anyways, welcome to the forum - Keep that exitement alive!

TStrike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Aug 19, 2017
USA
I'd echo what's been said. Validate a need. Ask how you can help other people.

Also, do yourself a favor and don't make my mistake. Focus on one thing and master it. Calm down a bit, take your time, and think. Your post is kind of all over the place and indicates that you're probably mentally sprinting all the time.

Mental sprints are fine, but sprint on one track. Master your thing.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Step 1. Save up 10k

Step 2. Develop a great app idea with said 10k

Step 3. Become a Billionare the next day.

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
So I dropped out of high school and started a YouTube channel. I liked it but didn't love it. My dad invested 2k for the equipment. Shout out to my loving dad. Anyways I failed and realized this wasn't for me. I sold my equipment recouped my losses and got a job.

A few things stood out to me in this section.

1. How much time did you devote to your YouTube channel? If I had to guess, I would say you spent a few weeks on it before throwing in the towel. Becoming a billionaire takes an insane amount of focus and dedication to solving a single problem.

2. You didn't love it? So? You think you can become a billionaire by doing something you love? Here's a nice GOLD thread that takes a deep look into that line of thinking.

3. Why do you think you "failed" with your YouTube channel? I think most people here would agree that the only way you failed is that you gave up.

And to echo what others have said, if you want to be a billionaire, you need to provide a lot of value to a lot of people. Very few have done so solely with an app. Take a look at your plan and ask yourself two questions.
a. How many people will use this?
b. How much will they pay me to use my app?

Multiply those two together to see if you have a billion dollar idea. Just keep in mind most apps have user bases in the hundreds or thousands. Very few have millions of users.

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
A lot of good advice here, but at this stage in life you have to learn to learn and that takes persistence. But seeing as you're already out of school, definitely start with the books mentioned above.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...