The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! from the world's largest democracy

BTR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 19, 2019
Hi guys, I am still employed and very much in the slow lane. 2 years back I spent a year building an e-publishing business but went back to being employed. I regret that I did not capitalize on the start I had on fast lane. All is not lost though. I have now completed MJ's first book and 27% through his second and have started again doing e-book publishing via Amazon KDP. I am researching on a website idea that revolves around books as well. Hoping to progress soon and my goal is to make enough money for a year while I am still employed and quit once I hit the target buffer. Timeline is around a year from now. By then the publishing business and website should also be up and running fine. Sorry if this is too much for an intro. I am 40 btw, if its relevant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mindsetferg

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 29, 2019
California
Hi guys, I am still employed and very much in the slow lane. 2 years back I spent a year building an e-publishing business but went back to being employed. I regret that I did not capitalize on the start I had on fast lane. All is not lost though. I have now completed MJ's first book and 27% through his second and have started again doing e-book publishing via Amazon KDP. I am researching on a website idea that revolves around books as well. Hoping to progress soon and my goal is to make enough money for a year while I am still employed and quit once I hit the target buffer. Timeline is around a year from now. By then the publishing business and website should also be up and running fine. Sorry if this is too much for an intro. I am 40 btw, if its relevant.

Hi BTR,

Congrats on managing your mindset and taking on the challenge of the shift!

How do you feel about Unscripted right now? Although I enjoyed the Millionaire FASTLANE and it completely changed my mind about things, I am somewhat hesitant to read UNSCRIPTED out of concern that it will be too similar. Did you have any significant takeaways from the 27% that you didn't get from tMF ?

Also, did you plan on sharing more about your e-publishing business (the first one, not the one you are planning to do) and the lessons learned from it? It would be awesome to learn a bit about what happened.

Have a great one!

- @mindsetferg

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi BTR,

Congrats on managing your mindset and taking on the challenge of the shift!

How do you feel about Unscripted right now? Although I enjoyed the Millionaire FASTLANE and it completely changed my mind about things, I am somewhat hesitant to read UNSCRIPTED out of concern that it will be too similar. Did you have any significant takeaways from the 27% that you didn't get from tMF ?

Also, did you plan on sharing more about your e-publishing business (the first one, not the one you are planning to do) and the lessons learned from it? It would be awesome to learn a bit about what happened.

Have a great one!

- @mindsetferg

I advice you read unscripted ASAP it is much better than TMF in my opinion.

BTR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 19, 2019
Hi Mindsetferg,

I am now at just over 50% completed with Unscripted . Short answer is yes, there are a lot of strengthening of the concepts learned from Millionnaire Fastlane, that is happening from reading Unscripted . These may not be specific takeaways that you can apply for one defined issue. This book gives you the framework. I will say it is quite a comprehensive framework. By reading the initial chapters I understood why things are the way they are as it relates to the "Scripted" life and how it became the default setting for the majority. Then comes the alternative and what it entails. This is the foundation with which we get to the framework. I don't want to try explaining the framework because I have just completed the first, base section of the framework - something called as 3Bs. Belief, bias and bullshit. The length of this book is what I like the most. If you think of this whole book as a tree, MJ goes into each of the branches and then to the twig and touch upon every leaf, then comes back and starts with next branch-twig-leaf. So it is quite comprehensive. I already notice changes in the way I look at something - a business, a career, ads, "Scripted" ways of the world. Long story short, I am getting a lot out of this.

I actually did not plan on sharing about my past e-publishing experience. But then was thinking of reading up more about e-publishing experiences here in the forum. My experience with e-publishing goes like this. I took a course called kmoneymastery, which is like kindle publishing 101. I paid 47 dollars for the course and felt like it was the magic bullet. Even though personally I was going through a tough time at that time I was excited and took action and did most of what was taught in that course. I published non-fiction books by outsourcing the writing to freelancers on Upwork. 2 months into it I made 1K USD in royalties from my book sales in one month. This is huge for me. For someone who's revenue was always salary from a company, this was quite huge. Add to that the conversion from USD to INR at that time was like 65 times.

Then the scaling up bug bit me and I narrowed down on one niche. Its not what someone would call a book for intellects but my books did address a need. I published them in the hundreds. My logic went something like this. If I make 1000 USD with 100 books I should make 10000 USD with 1000 books :D The problem was that I did not stop to think about how comprehensive the content was, how I can differentiate from similar offerings etc. I then made the biggest blunder of going against Amazon's policy unknowingly. I have never read their policies in the first place. Not very smart I know. By then the results was not great but still I was making 1k USD in royalties. I did not have any kind of structure to my thinking and thought I should to Amazon affiliate next. All this time I did not realize that I am already moving towards fastlane, because I did not know it exists. In my mind I was someone trying to figure out a way to make good money. In the Unscripted we can learn about leveraging identity to drive action. Someone wanting to make good money is not a great identity I understand now. When Amazon sent me an email that they are blocking my account because I violated their policy, the curtains came down with e-publishing for me at that time. Since I did not know what I am giving up on, I happily took a job that paid 10% over my last drawn pay with my previous employment.

One year down, I am promoted in this new job but I was becoming more and more unhappy. This is mainly because I know I made more money than my current pay through passive royalties in some months when I was publishing. The irony is that I became a valuable employee in my boss' eye because I started thinking like a business owner and not like an employee. I understood what my super boss values and many times helped my boss look good. So the idea of not doing what you love but doing what is needed to create value got me a promotion. The main lesson for me with e-publishing was to focus on creating great value through what I am putting out. Great value scaled would have really made a difference. Also, reading the policy of the platform we use. I know this goes against the Control maxim but if done within policy I could have at least kept the passive income going and growing.

Long reply I know :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...