• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Hello from Switzerland! :D

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Jason Suter, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Jason Suter

Jason Suter Rise & Grind Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $85
    Hey Guys! I'm an 18 year old fellow living in Switzerland.

Currently I'm in a apprenticeship as an electronics engineer. But I decided that this is not the thing I want to do for the rest of my life. Same sh*t same day working for other guys and so on.

I decided that I want to become an entrepreneur and start my own business to enjoy freedom. And this is also why I've read TMF and wich opened my eyes and gave me courage that it's possible to make it out of the "Slowlane". This is also what brought me here. I loved the book and I'm planning to read Unscripted to.

Currently I'm reading a lot of books whenever I can and hang out in this forum. But I want to take the first step as early as possible and lead my energy in a way that shows some results. This is the thing what I'm most struggling with. I'm educating myself but I still don't know where to start and take the first steps building a business. I'm also having a hard time connecting with others wich have the same dreams like I do. There is still no day I'm not working towards my goal.

Nevertheless I want to THANK all of you wich are sharing there experiences and knowledge in any kind of way to help people like me achieving there dreams! Also a big THANK YOU for MJ Demarco for providing such a value and building a community like this!

2. robodale

robodale Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $249
    Hello Jason, and welcome to the forum! From your post, you sound young and eager and that's great. You're reading and learning and that's also great. You said you "...don't know where to start and take the first steps building a business...".

You've probably gained a ton of knowledge, and might be feeling overwhelmed on all the directions you could take to start a business. I suggest taking more time to soak it all in...but give yourself a deadline to start on something.

My immediate advice: Read (or at least get the audio book) of UNSCRIPTED. Pay very close attention to the "Meaning and Purpose" section. You really need a concrete "WHY" as you start taking real action, and minimize the chance you'll be lured into other things as soon as taking action gets hard/boring/painful/scary.

Jason Suter likes this.
  3. robodale

Rep Bank:
    $249
    By the way Jason, I've been to Switzerland in 2016 and your country is absolutely beautiful. I'm going back later this year.

Jason Suter likes this.
  4. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $63,783
    Hi @Jason Suter. Just curious: how do people in Switzerland perceive entrepreneurs? I've always considered Switzerland one of the most business-friendly places in the world but I'm curious specifically about the general attitude of society toward business and wealth.

Jason Suter likes this.
  5. Jason Suter

Rep Bank:
    $85
    Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely read Unscripted as soon as possible :D

robodale likes this.
  6. Jason Suter

Rep Bank:
    $85
    Switzerland is indeed business-friendly, but there is always this bank-thing where you need to show a business-plan and everything. There are also renominated business/economy schools and universities. But this is nothing to be compared with the Fastlane. It's very hard to make in there and there are mostly people wich their parents are entrepreneurs and already got some money.

My goal is to finance my "start-up" by myself and not by begging a bank for money nor to go to a university after wich you learn the "common" way how you "should" start a business.

The attitude of the society in wich I live in is like; you need to have the right idea at the right moment and you need to be lucky or have already alot of money. But I think it's not everywhere the same. I live in a middle-class-familiy where everyone has a job and isn't very wealthy. There might be other people or regions in Switzerland where there are more entrepreneurs and wealthier people wich have a different perception.

I don't know any entrepreneurs and there are also none in my family. I would love to talk to someone wich made it, especially in Switzerland. Because I also don't know how the law exactly is and everything.

I hope I could give you some insight with this, but don't take this too serious or something. This is only the way I see it or know it, but there might be other opinions or things that I don't know.

MTF likes this.
  7. Jason Suter

Rep Bank:
    $85
    So, how do I start... I'm now reading UNSCRIPTED and just finished the "Meaning and Purpose" section. Now I know what you've meant and understand how selfish my post was. I had the false intention to be an entrepreneur. Now I realise what is meant to find a NEED of someone and to serve it. This whole thing opened my eyes and now I also better understand the mindset behind TheFastlaneForum, @MJ DeMarco and all the Fastlaners wich already made it. It's about to help others and the whole freedom-thing is secondary. If you solve someones need and really try to understand them and you're not being selfish with "following your passion"; you will get you the ice cream as @IceCreamKid would say...

Now I'm even more motivated to become an entrepreneur and to enjoy some icecream with my friends and family ;) I also have set a deadline to start a business before I turn 19 this september. And will definitely keep this thread up to date with my journey :D

PS: Hope my english is not too bad :)

IceCreamKid likes this.
  8. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,803

excuse me but i am laughing out loud

if this is not what you want to do, so why the hell are you studying electronics ?

is someone putting a gun on your head ?

just stop right now to go to engineering school and paying bills

and do what need to be done

you are 18. travel the world or switzerland in a van . enjoy your youth

i am 41 and the guys who were students with me 20 years ago have all become engineers and so on

they tell me that they hate what they do

they wish they could be free traveling the world in a van or doing other things related to nature

instead of that, they are slaves :

slaves of their boss

slaves of their bills

slaves of their family and their marriage

slaves of taxes, the government

slaves of stupidity

Jason Suter likes this.
  9. Van Halen

Van Halen Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $120
    Its a good point, but lets not be too impulsive here..

Put something in place first before travelling around in a hippie van smoking pot

How is OP going to pay for anything? He has no skills, no business, no income. Nothing.

I understand you're warning the dangers of meandering through life. But lets have some perspective.

Jason Suter likes this.
  10. Jason Suter

Rep Bank:
    $85
    I'm not studying electronics and I get your point. But I don't know if you understand me right. I'm currently in the 3rd year of a 4-year apprenticeship. The 3-year younger me liked electronics and wanted to be an engineer because it only knew the Slowlane. So later I realised this is bullshit and I don't want to be a slave, so I read books about entrepreneurship. But I'm at this point where I still need the money to survive from the apprenticeship, but I'm planning as I said to start a business.

4symmetry and robodale like this.
  11. robodale

Rep Bank:
    $249
    @Jason Suter, You need to make sure your immediate needs are met (money from your apprenticeship). Meanwhile, keep reading and "internalizing" Unscripted. Think about what you're learning and how it's changing the way you are thinking about the world around you. When you get through each explanation of the "CENTS", you could be thinking of various ideas or paths you could take. Specifically, what product and/or service could you create that falls within the CENTS guidelines...and is it something you could see your self doing for five or even ten years into the future?

PS: Your english is excellent!

4symmetry and Jason Suter like this.