The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Switzerland! :D

D

Deleted52158

Hey Guys! I'm an 18 year old fellow living in Switzerland.

Currently I'm in a apprenticeship as an electronics engineer. But I decided that this is not the thing I want to do for the rest of my life. Same shit same day working for other guys and so on.

I decided that I want to become an entrepreneur and start my own business to enjoy freedom. And this is also why I've read TMF and wich opened my eyes and gave me courage that it's possible to make it out of the "Slowlane". This is also what brought me here. I loved the book and I'm planning to read Unscripted to.

Currently I'm reading a lot of books whenever I can and hang out in this forum. But I want to take the first step as early as possible and lead my energy in a way that shows some results. This is the thing what I'm most struggling with. I'm educating myself but I still don't know where to start and take the first steps building a business. I'm also having a hard time connecting with others wich have the same dreams like I do. There is still no day I'm not working towards my goal.

Nevertheless I want to THANK all of you wich are sharing there experiences and knowledge in any kind of way to help people like me achieving there dreams! Also a big THANK YOU for MJ DeMarco for providing such a value and building a community like this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

robodale

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Dec 1, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
Hello Jason, and welcome to the forum! From your post, you sound young and eager and that's great. You're reading and learning and that's also great. You said you "...don't know where to start and take the first steps building a business...".

You've probably gained a ton of knowledge, and might be feeling overwhelmed on all the directions you could take to start a business. I suggest taking more time to soak it all in...but give yourself a deadline to start on something.

My immediate advice: Read (or at least get the audio book) of UNSCRIPTED . Pay very close attention to the "Meaning and Purpose" section. You really need a concrete "WHY" as you start taking real action, and minimize the chance you'll be lured into other things as soon as taking action gets hard/boring/painful/scary.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Hi @Jason Suter. Just curious: how do people in Switzerland perceive entrepreneurs? I've always considered Switzerland one of the most business-friendly places in the world but I'm curious specifically about the general attitude of society toward business and wealth.

D

Deleted52158

Hello Jason, and welcome to the forum! From your post, you sound young and eager and that's great. You're reading and learning and that's also great. You said you "...don't know where to start and take the first steps building a business...".

You've probably gained a ton of knowledge, and might be feeling overwhelmed on all the directions you could take to start a business. I suggest taking more time to soak it all in...but give yourself a deadline to start on something.

My immediate advice: Read (or at least get the audio book) of UNSCRIPTED . Pay very close attention to the "Meaning and Purpose" section. You really need a concrete "WHY" as you start taking real action, and minimize the chance you'll be lured into other things as soon as taking action gets hard/boring/painful/scary.

Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely read Unscripted as soon as possible :D

D

Deleted52158

Hi @Jason Suter. Just curious: how do people in Switzerland perceive entrepreneurs? I've always considered Switzerland one of the most business-friendly places in the world but I'm curious specifically about the general attitude of society toward business and wealth.
Switzerland is indeed business-friendly, but there is always this bank-thing where you need to show a business-plan and everything. There are also renominated business/economy schools and universities. But this is nothing to be compared with the Fastlane. It's very hard to make in there and there are mostly people wich their parents are entrepreneurs and already got some money.

My goal is to finance my "start-up" by myself and not by begging a bank for money nor to go to a university after wich you learn the "common" way how you "should" start a business.

The attitude of the society in wich I live in is like; you need to have the right idea at the right moment and you need to be lucky or have already alot of money. But I think it's not everywhere the same. I live in a middle-class-familiy where everyone has a job and isn't very wealthy. There might be other people or regions in Switzerland where there are more entrepreneurs and wealthier people wich have a different perception.

I don't know any entrepreneurs and there are also none in my family. I would love to talk to someone wich made it, especially in Switzerland. Because I also don't know how the law exactly is and everything.

I hope I could give you some insight with this, but don't take this too serious or something. This is only the way I see it or know it, but there might be other opinions or things that I don't know.

D

Deleted52158

So, how do I start... I'm now reading UNSCRIPTED and just finished the "Meaning and Purpose" section. Now I know what you've meant and understand how selfish my post was. I had the false intention to be an entrepreneur. Now I realise what is meant to find a NEED of someone and to serve it. This whole thing opened my eyes and now I also better understand the mindset behind TheFastlaneForum, @MJ DeMarco and all the Fastlaners wich already made it. It's about to help others and the whole freedom-thing is secondary. If you solve someones need and really try to understand them and you're not being selfish with "following your passion"; you will get you the ice cream as @IceCreamKid would say...

Now I'm even more motivated to become an entrepreneur and to enjoy some icecream with my friends and family ;) I also have set a deadline to start a business before I turn 19 this september. And will definitely keep this thread up to date with my journey :D

PS: Hope my english is not too bad :)

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Hey Guys! I'm an 18 year old fellow living in Switzerland.

Currently I'm in a apprenticeship as an electronics engineer. But I decided that this is not the thing I want to do for the rest of my life. Same sh*t same day working for other guys and so on.

excuse me but i am laughing out loud

if this is not what you want to do, so why the hell are you studying electronics ?

is someone putting a gun on your head ?

just stop right now to go to engineering school and paying bills

and do what need to be done

you are 18. travel the world or switzerland in a van . enjoy your youth

i am 41 and the guys who were students with me 20 years ago have all become engineers and so on

they tell me that they hate what they do

they wish they could be free traveling the world in a van or doing other things related to nature

instead of that, they are slaves :

slaves of their boss

slaves of their bills

slaves of their family and their marriage

slaves of taxes, the government

slaves of stupidity

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom

if this is not what you want to do, so why the hell are you studying electronics ?

i am 41 and the guys who were students with me 20 years ago have all become engineers and so on

they wish they could be free traveling the world in a van or doing other things related to nature

slaves of their boss

slaves of their bills

slaves of stupidity

Its a good point, but lets not be too impulsive here..

Put something in place first before travelling around in a hippie van smoking pot

How is OP going to pay for anything? He has no skills, no business, no income. Nothing.

I understand you're warning the dangers of meandering through life. But lets have some perspective.

D

Deleted52158

slaves of their boss

slaves of their bills

slaves of stupidity

I'm not studying electronics and I get your point. But I don't know if you understand me right. I'm currently in the 3rd year of a 4-year apprenticeship. The 3-year younger me liked electronics and wanted to be an engineer because it only knew the Slowlane. So later I realised this is bullshit and I don't want to be a slave, so I read books about entrepreneurship. But I'm at this point where I still need the money to survive from the apprenticeship, but I'm planning as I said to start a business.

robodale

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Dec 1, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
I'm not studying electronics and I get your point. But I don't know if you understand me right. I'm currently in the 3rd year of a 4-year apprenticeship. The 3-year younger me liked electronics and wanted to be an engineer because it only knew the Slowlane. So later I realised this is bullshit and I don't want to be a slave, so I read books about entrepreneurship. But I'm at this point where I still need the money to survive from the apprenticeship, but I'm planning as I said to start a business.

@Jason Suter, You need to make sure your immediate needs are met (money from your apprenticeship). Meanwhile, keep reading and "internalizing" Unscripted . Think about what you're learning and how it's changing the way you are thinking about the world around you. When you get through each explanation of the "CENTS", you could be thinking of various ideas or paths you could take. Specifically, what product and/or service could you create that falls within the CENTS guidelines...and is it something you could see your self doing for five or even ten years into the future?

PS: Your english is excellent!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...