Hi,
I just read the book which I found to be eye opening. It has gotten me to start thinking in different ways.
A little more about me...I'm a meteorologist by training but am currently employed in the insurance industry and firmly in the rat race. I left my "career" in the D.C. area and moved to my home town of Harrisburg, PA during my divorce (to get the kids near their grandparents). My ex was from Brazil, so no family in the U.S. The company barely gives enough of a raise to keep up with cost of living. There is no room for advancement - have been passed over for senior u/w positions and mgmt has gone with younger and more energetic people. I'm 43 and hate what i do.
I'm inspired by the words of wisdom in Fast Track and am determined to at least give it my best shot.
I joined for forum to read and/or engage with like-minded individuals and see where it might go.
Sorry for being verbose here but wanted to paint somewhat of a picture of my situation.
P.S., I'm in the process of brainstorming ideas for something.
I just read the book which I found to be eye opening. It has gotten me to start thinking in different ways.
A little more about me...I'm a meteorologist by training but am currently employed in the insurance industry and firmly in the rat race. I left my "career" in the D.C. area and moved to my home town of Harrisburg, PA during my divorce (to get the kids near their grandparents). My ex was from Brazil, so no family in the U.S. The company barely gives enough of a raise to keep up with cost of living. There is no room for advancement - have been passed over for senior u/w positions and mgmt has gone with younger and more energetic people. I'm 43 and hate what i do.
I'm inspired by the words of wisdom in Fast Track and am determined to at least give it my best shot.
I joined for forum to read and/or engage with like-minded individuals and see where it might go.
Sorry for being verbose here but wanted to paint somewhat of a picture of my situation.
P.S., I'm in the process of brainstorming ideas for something.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
