I have a great idea of creating a website that could possibly be competition for imgur.com, since from my perspective, they are nearly a monopoly when it comes to image/gif hosting websites. At least with reddit that is definitely the case, at least 95% of reddit posts use imgur to share content, having browsed the website for 3 years now.
Another question I want to ask is, what is the best route to go down if I want to build such a site?
My idea of the website is to be as simplistic and user friendly as possible, no users or comments and likes etc, just a plain website that hosts content with some features in mind that will definitely make it unique enough to grab peoples attention over from imgur (an actual benefit/need).
I am 19, only have $1000 in my account so outsourcing is not really a possibility in the near future. So with that in mind, should I simply dive right into learning code or do you guys have other suggestions?
I have read a couple of the threads here regarding to code or outsource, I'm just still finding it hard to relate and come to a reasonable conclusion.
Thanks very much, all help is greatly appreciated!!
Another question I want to ask is, what is the best route to go down if I want to build such a site?
My idea of the website is to be as simplistic and user friendly as possible, no users or comments and likes etc, just a plain website that hosts content with some features in mind that will definitely make it unique enough to grab peoples attention over from imgur (an actual benefit/need).
I am 19, only have $1000 in my account so outsourcing is not really a possibility in the near future. So with that in mind, should I simply dive right into learning code or do you guys have other suggestions?
I have read a couple of the threads here regarding to code or outsource, I'm just still finding it hard to relate and come to a reasonable conclusion.
Thanks very much, all help is greatly appreciated!!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
