The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions from someone who has zero business knowledge and is starting out

Jing Wei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 14, 2022
how can i know if what i plan to offer is a legitimate need and there is a market for it? and also how to find clients as i have little knowledge as compared to competitors who have been in the same industry for years and i am not sure if customers will want to do business with someone who don't know what they are doing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Intuition + your own needs (scratching your own itch + noticing a problem in the current market (“I could make this better”) + testing and running ads to get preliminary sales + just going for it and taking a chance. That’s how you fix the “will people want it” question.

How you sell is more important than what you sell. And by “how” I mean strategy of getting it to market. Not like a sales pitch kind of “how”.

I’d say the vast majority of people of people on here and including myself are not even that great at “how” we sell things and get them to market. Because the people who are great at it quickly become deca-millionaires in a few years. But you become great after getting a lot of practice and getting smarter about it.

Risk the amount of money that you can afford to risk. I will not be opening up an aerospace manufacturing plant anytime soon because I’m not going to spend 50 million to test the market.

Why would you advertise to people that you’re new and “don’t know what you’re doing”? Just go for it and people will buy or they won’t.

Forget about competitors. There are millions of businesses. There are millions (maybe billions) of unfulfilled needs even with millions of businesses. Overflowing opportunity if you are smart and work hard.

1. Be smart
2. Work hard
3. Don’t be weak
Repeat.

You’ll succeed.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
i am not sure if customers will want to do business with someone who don't know what they are doing
Buddy let me be the first to tell you:

In todays world, there are way more underqualified, incompetent, and generally useless "companies" doing business, than the contrary.

Answering the phone or an email puts you at the top of the list in peoples minds after enough time.

Now just imagine if you're actually good at what you deliver and can fulfill the need.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Jing Wei there is one way to find out. get started.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
how can i know if what i plan to offer is a legitimate need and there is a market for it? and also how to find clients as i have little knowledge as compared to competitors who have been in the same industry for years and i am not sure if customers will want to do business with someone who don't know what they are doing
1) if there are businesses making a good living from it means the need definitely exist and well enough to feed those who serve it well.

2) compete on price and charge a little for a lot of shitwork that those comfortable firms with solid client base will not do. It is just like the job market where interns work OT everyday and weekend for 1k pay.

Jing Wei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 14, 2022
1) if there are businesses making a good living from it means the need definitely exist and well enough to feed those who serve it well.

2) compete on price and charge a little for a lot of shitwork that those comfortable firms with solid client base will not do. It is just like the job market where interns work OT everyday and weekend for 1k pay.
Thank you for the advice

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.