Hello all!
My name is Matt and I was lucky enough to stumble upon a youtube interview between John Sonmez and Mr. DeMarco (@MJ DeMarco ) 4 or 5 days ago. I had been looking for this forum for over year and had not even known what to call it.
Last year I had begun a journey to become a financial adviser on top of my full time job. I was successful in acquiring all licenses from the state and even landed a client or two. I quickly realized that practices that are used for the clients are not the practices used by the advisers, and I quickly lost heart. I have been looking for the correct path to success ever since.
Hearing Mr. DeMarco's no BS book, "The Millionaires Fastlane" was exactly what I needed to get my fire again; for the first time in a long time I feel hopeful for my own future.
My background (below) is technical so I feel confident I can create some form of automated web based business. What I lack at the moment, is the business knowledge. I would be grateful for anyone to point me to the right resources to learn that information.
My current plan is to develop a personal blog and begin branching businesses off of that. The blog will be a journal (for a lack of a better word) of my journey to wealth and freedom. My hope is to document my various ideas, decisions, and projects during my journey, so that it may inspire another in the future. I would be happy to share once the blog is live if anyone was interested.
I look forward to picking your minds in the future and growing as a person in this forum. Thank you for your time and input in advance!
Background:
I have a degree in Computer Science and work as a full time project manager. I realize that holding a job is not ideal, and I hope to change that ASAP. I am 26 yrs old and currently live in CA. By most peoples standards I am doing pretty well for a 26 year old, but I hate that I am a slave to someone from the hours of 9-5 M-F.
My name is Matt and I was lucky enough to stumble upon a youtube interview between John Sonmez and Mr. DeMarco (@MJ DeMarco ) 4 or 5 days ago. I had been looking for this forum for over year and had not even known what to call it.
Last year I had begun a journey to become a financial adviser on top of my full time job. I was successful in acquiring all licenses from the state and even landed a client or two. I quickly realized that practices that are used for the clients are not the practices used by the advisers, and I quickly lost heart. I have been looking for the correct path to success ever since.
Hearing Mr. DeMarco's no BS book, "The Millionaires Fastlane" was exactly what I needed to get my fire again; for the first time in a long time I feel hopeful for my own future.
My background (below) is technical so I feel confident I can create some form of automated web based business. What I lack at the moment, is the business knowledge. I would be grateful for anyone to point me to the right resources to learn that information.
My current plan is to develop a personal blog and begin branching businesses off of that. The blog will be a journal (for a lack of a better word) of my journey to wealth and freedom. My hope is to document my various ideas, decisions, and projects during my journey, so that it may inspire another in the future. I would be happy to share once the blog is live if anyone was interested.
I look forward to picking your minds in the future and growing as a person in this forum. Thank you for your time and input in advance!
Background:
I have a degree in Computer Science and work as a full time project manager. I realize that holding a job is not ideal, and I hope to change that ASAP. I am 26 yrs old and currently live in CA. By most peoples standards I am doing pretty well for a 26 year old, but I hate that I am a slave to someone from the hours of 9-5 M-F.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
