The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hands On-Ears Off.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Hello! My name is Dylan and I'm from Rochester, NY.

I'm currently about to graduate from the Rochester Institute of Technology. In two weeks I'll be staring into the great big abyss that is the world. I also have a older brother who is very active in this forum and motivated me to read the book and join up! @jpanarra.

I am also deaf, but that doesn't matter because my motivations are very visual and hands on. My degree will be a Bachelor's in Industrial Design which is strongly oriented with problem solving and product development. I read the book and came to the self realization that the career path is not for me. I want the freedom to create cool products whenever I want. I want my "lamborghini" (It's a ferrari though) in 5 to 10 years too!

I'm often full of ideas but one idea I am currently pursuing is to become more of a product and brand identity person of contact. Someone that has a product would come to me and I would then create a site, logos, a brand identity, an interactive link, possibly a video and then they would go off and try to market it using those resources I provide and develop for them.

I think that would be a viable path for me to explore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hello! My name is Dylan, and I'm from Rochester, NY.

I'm currently about to graduate from the Rochester Institute of Technology. In two weeks I'll be staring into the great big abyss that is the world. I also have an older brother who is very active in this forum and motivated me to read the book and join up! @jpanarra.

I am also deaf, but that doesn't matter because my motivations are very visual and hand on. My degree will be a Bachelor's in Industrial Design which is strongly oriented with problem solving and product development. I read the book and came to the self-realization that the career path is not for me. I want the freedom to create cool products whenever I want. I want my "lamborghini" (It's a ferrari though) in 5 to 10 years too!

I'm often full of ideas but one idea I am currently pursuing is to become more of a product and brand identity person of contact. Someone that has a product would come to me and I would then create a site, logos, a brand identity, an interactive link, possibly a video and then they would go off and try to market it using those resources I provide and develop for them.

Welcome, little brother!! Now lets rock it!

Heres a few Threads to check out,

This and one is on the footer of @Andy Black, its a good read to start. And his progress thread is a good read too

Awesome thread of copywriting and how to sell stuff, I haven't even really dove into it, but what I've read off it is incredible by @SinisterLex

And the one I'm currently inspired by @Fox about website development is this thread

oh oh, before I forget, This is a huge one... its a number of sweet one-liner advice but its so critical for you to be sucessful, and its in this thread started by @Vigilante

Theres tons more in here so keep digging and readning

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello! My name is Dylan and I'm from Rochester, NY.

I'm currently about to graduate from the Rochester Institute of Technology. In two weeks I'll be staring into the great big abyss that is the world. I also have a older brother who is very active in this forum and motivated me to read the book and join up! @jpanarra.

I am also deaf, but that doesn't matter because my motivations are very visual and hands on. My degree will be a Bachelor's in Industrial Design which is strongly oriented with problem solving and product development. I read the book and came to the self realization that the career path is not for me. I want the freedom to create cool products whenever I want. I want my "lamborghini" (It's a ferrari though) in 5 to 10 years too!

Welcome.

How cool having two brothers signed up!

You might want to check out the first thread linked to in my signature.

I had a call with a graphic designer in the forum and we recorded and transcribed it. You can find it here:

Last edited by a moderator:

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Oh, and for productivity, this is the best thread for me. You know me and procrastination, I procrastinate like no tomorrow. This allows me to get at least three things done per day and usually when I'm done with those three is nice and warmed up into the zone and usually finish a whole bunch more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...