The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Halal Supplement Brand For Muslims

crescentedays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2023
Hello Fastlane community! We are in the process of launching a new Halal supplement brand aimed at Muslims. Our first product (Dream Sticks) has ingredients from the Quran / Authentic Hadith but also ones backed by science (magnesium, l-theanine, etc.). The website will be live soon here: Crescent Days | Halal Supplements - any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Nice domain name and branding. Blog posts and tools look pretty solid.

I'd recommend creating a lead magnet to capture emails. This will make your product launch easier and help bring people back to your website.

crescentedays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2023
Nice domain name and branding. Blog posts and tools look pretty solid.

I'd recommend creating a lead magnet to capture emails. This will make your product launch easier and help bring people back to your website.
Thank you for the kind words! Yes, lead capture form is being built and should be live in about a weeks time.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
What is in non-halal supplements that is not permissible for a Muslim ?

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
As-salamu alaykum. Welcome to the forum.

This is cool; I like this idea. Questions:
  1. Where did you get this idea? Was it something you stumbled across?
  2. What is the landscape for competitors?
  3. What else could you value skew? I only fear big manufacturers like my protein could immediately kill you by introducing halal ingredients.
  4. Are there many haram ingredients in supplements? Maybe I'm just not aware.
Website Feedback -
  • I wouldn't even know you're selling supplements; it looks more like a well-being app than anything.
  • I like the articles; they could be used to drive traffic. I would search for what health-orientated Muslims are looking for and write about that.
  • Are you VAT registered, as it says in the footer? Also, be cautious about putting your address out there so publicly.
  • Add a menu to the top of your website. Your footer has lots of navigation but needs to be more prominent.
  • Try introducing a dropdown FAQ instead of having to scroll to find it. People are lazy; facilitate that.

Here are some other ideas you could add to your supplements (not generated by ChatGPT)
  • Other supplements to expand your range
  • Clothing brand - I think breathable hijabs (proceed cautiously; merchandising is a minefield.)
  • Branded gym equipment (straps, wraps, ankle straps, etc.)
This is the early days of development; you can always message me if you're uncomfortable discussing details. People do steal ideas from time to time & giving blueprints is not a good idea.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I like the idea, mostly because Muslims in my area generally prefer to buy things associated with being halal regardless of other attributes. A chicken nugget is a chicken nugget, but slap some green packaging on it, get a certificate, and call it "Zabiha", Muslims will buy it. This is even though you can check some of the other brands that aren't as aggressive with their marketing to Muslims and see the exact same halal certificate on it.

What is in non-halal supplements that is not permissible for a Muslim ?

Two ways to look at this:

1. What supplements would Muslims like to take but are unsure of/won't take due to haram ingredients?
  2. What supplements does everyone take, but Muslims would rather pay for Muslim-owned "halal-certified" ingredients?
Muslims might be interested in collagen protein (for example), but because some collagen protein isn't acceptable, they might be concerned about the source. So they might be hesitant unless they see a halal certification on it.

In the same vein, Muslims might simply want to buy products that reflect their commitment to their faith. So it's less about the ingredients and more about feeling like they made the right choice.

I like things like these because they expose the non-rational nature of buyers.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
I like the idea, mostly because Muslims in my area generally prefer to buy things associated with being halal regardless of other attributes. A chicken nugget is a chicken nugget, but slap some green packaging on it, get a certificate, and call it "Zabiha", Muslims will buy it. This is even though you can check some of the other brands that aren't as aggressive with their marketing to Muslims and see the exact same halal certificate on it.

Two ways to look at this:

1. What supplements would Muslims like to take but are unsure of/won't take due to haram ingredients?
  2. What supplements does everyone take, but Muslims would rather pay for Muslim-owned "halal-certified" ingredients?
Muslims might be interested in collagen protein (for example), but because some collagen protein isn't acceptable, they might be concerned about the source. So they might be hesitant unless they see a halal certification on it.

In the same vein, Muslims might simply want to buy products that reflect their commitment to their faith. So it's less about the ingredients and more about feeling like they made the right choice.

I like things like these because they expose the non-rational nature of buyers.
True,
What I find interesting is that I have never come across it before,
( I'm not looking for it either )

crescentedays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2023
Thank you all! The eCommerce site is not up yet, just some SEO articles / placeholders.

A lot of supplements are not actually Halal due to how some of the ingredients are processed (e.g. with alcohol or animal enzymes like rennet that are not from permissible sources). We've been working with leading Halal certification bodies and developed formulas that are not just permissible for Muslims but contain ingredients that are Sunnah and promoted by the Quran / Authentic Hadith.

Also - thank you for your suggestions Spenny!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
A lot of supplements are not actually Halal due to how some of the ingredients are processed (e.g. with alcohol or animal enzymes like rennet that are not from permissible sources). We've been working with leading Halal certification bodies and developed formulas that are not just permissible for Muslims but contain ingredients that are Sunnah and promoted by the Quran / Authentic Hadith.

Sounds like a content/advertorial piece? More people need to know about this.

bhv300

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 10, 2023
Hello Fastlane community! We are in the process of launching a new Halal supplement brand aimed at Muslims. Our first product (Dream Sticks) has ingredients from the Quran / Authentic Hadith but also ones backed by science (magnesium, l-theanine, etc.). The website will be live soon here: Crescent Days | Halal Supplements - any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Do optimize the page for mobile view before launching

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Are you based in the UK? I think there are considerable Muslim communities there where you can test your offer.

Someone needs to introduce a halal KFC style fried chicken chain in western regions. I would personally go there. There are a few in the middle east (Al Baik for example). For anyone wondering about Halal food, its not just dietary restrictions, but making sure there is minimal suffering to the animal and applying humane practices when preparing food.

Mergim94

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 13, 2024
Looks Great!
- Did you build this Website by yourself and how du you learn it?
- how does Your Sales cycle works and where do your customer comes from?
- how do you determine your Target groups?

Maybe a bit too private questions, sorry in advance

A

Anon45x4yB

Masha’Allah

-> How did you managed to find this need in the market?
-> How do you manufacture your halal products? Were it hard to find certified suppliers?
-> Do you needed a warehouse and pre-orders at the beginning?

Keep it up

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Salaam Akhi,

Hope everything is doing well inshallah.

Alhamdullilah, something fully halal.

I see that you do research with Quran and Hadiths.

Read from Nahjul Balagha - Imam Ali (a.s) book. I've learnt soo much from it. Inshallah if you can share snippets of information - related to health too - that can help our ummah inshallah.

crescentedays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2023
Do optimize the page for mobile view before launching
We are trying to haha! Do you see anything specific that was under-optimised / caught your eyes?
Are you based in the UK? I think there are considerable Muslim communities there where you can test your offer.

Someone needs to introduce a halal KFC style fried chicken chain in western regions. I would personally go there. There are a few in the middle east (Al Baik for example). For anyone wondering about Halal food, its not just dietary restrictions, but making sure there is minimal suffering to the animal and applying humane practices when preparing food.
Yes, UK based - we love serving the Muslim community here, it's very tight-knit and receptive to our ideas!
Looks Great!
- Did you build this Website by yourself and how du you learn it?
- how does Your Sales cycle works and where do your customer comes from?
- how do you determine your Target groups?

Maybe a bit too private questions, sorry in advance
We used an agency but also use AI and tutorials to make minor adjustments in the code. We use Meta for user acquisition as well as organic content (check out our IG / TT / FB channels 'mycrescentdays'). We leave Meta targeting wide and rely on the algorithm to dial in on our target groups (which seems to be working).
Masha’Allah

-> How did you managed to find this need in the market?
-> How do you manufacture your halal products? Were it hard to find certified suppliers?
-> Do you needed a warehouse and pre-orders at the beginning?

Keep it up
Jzk! It all came from personal experience and pain points. We use trusted, UK-based contract manufacturers we've found in our research. Yes we are using a 3PL warehouse to process our orders and also did pre-orders at the beginning!
Salaam Akhi,

Hope everything is doing well inshallah.

Alhamdullilah, something fully halal.

I see that you do research with Quran and Hadiths.

Read from Nahjul Balagha - Imam Ali (a.s) book. I've learnt soo much from it. Inshallah if you can share snippets of information - related to health too - that can help our ummah inshallah.
Wa-Alaikum-Salaam! Thank you very much for this, we will look into it!

A

Anon45x4yB

We are trying to haha! Do you see anything specific that was under-optimised / caught your eyes?

Yes, UK based - we love serving the Muslim community here, it's very tight-knit and receptive to our ideas!

We used an agency but also use AI and tutorials to make minor adjustments in the code. We use Meta for user acquisition as well as organic content (check out our IG / TT / FB channels 'mycrescentdays'). We leave Meta targeting wide and rely on the algorithm to dial in on our target groups (which seems to be working).

Jzk! It all came from personal experience and pain points. We use trusted, UK-based contract manufacturers we've found in our research. Yes we are using a 3PL warehouse to process our orders and also did pre-orders at the beginning!

Wa-Alaikum-Salaam! Thank you very much for this, we will look into it!
Love your IG content ! What strategy did you used to grow a 63K followers account in a matter of month?

crescentedays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2023
Love your IG content ! What strategy did you used to grow a 63K followers account in a matter of month?
Thank you! Just fast-paced editing of 1-2 minute educational and informational reels that resonate with our community and also relates to the product we are selling. Most of the growth came from 2-3 videos that 'went viral' which can happen even if you don't have many followers, as the algorithm delivers it to people's discover feeds, just like on TikTok (FYP). It's just a numbers game and you have to hope that every 5-10 videos, one will break out and bring in the views and growth. Consistency has been key but we are also looking to innovate and test new formats.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...