Looking good my friend!
- I'd nix the 'Home' button too. I've watched thousands of user session recordings (HotJar.com) on various e-commerce websites that I have worked on, and users seem to have an expectation that the logo brings them to the homepage. I believe it's safe to say that it's a best practice at this point, unless you are selling to a much older, less savvy crowd. Plus, the homepage is the absolute top of your funnel and the idea is to capture their attention and get them further into the funnel as quickly as possible. That should free up some room in the navigation.
- This looks solid as well. I'd recommend adding a sub-menu that presents those products when you hover over "Supplements." Shortens the number of steps a user has to take to get to your product pages.
- This is where having a developer may help-- you can change the background image size to cater to difference device breakpoints (mobile/tablet/desktop) so that it looks solid on each device. This can be done with CSS.
- For changing the button colors, this line in the theme.scss.css file (your theme's stylesheet):
Should be changed to:
- Looks good! Hopefully it gets a few more free sample conversions for you.
- I like Drift the best, followed by Chatra and Olark. All three should have a free tier.
- Additional Idea: Consider adding a "Free Samples" button in the navigation, now that you have extra room (assuming that you remove the "Home" button).
- Additional Idea: Add HotJar to your website so you can look at heatmaps and recordings. This will help you identify areas for improvement, website issues, and potential obstacles your shoppers face. You can also launch polls and surveys to get real, actionable feedback and insights from users/customers. It also has a free plan that should be suitable at this stage in the game.
1. home button is gone
2. sub-menu added
3. I'd LOVE to have a developer and never have to edit the website again but I am no where close to being able to afford that
4. reminding myself to do this tomorrow
6. Installed Chatra
8. Added HotJar
Really appreciate your recommendations! I'll keep you posted on how they go
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.