The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing your Instagram account, strategy and discussion

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Hey, after getting some great info on this thread I tried using Everlike. I got about 30 likes and then it stopped with a notification of "Failed to like! Everliked failed to like a post as it seems as if your session (Action / Device/ IP) was action blocked. All tasks were switched off."

Does anyone gett his notification? From my research it looks like instagram is really cracking down on the automation bots. Is there a way around this?

And does anyone else have any techniques for automating tasks such as liking and commenting?

Instagram are cracking down on bots which is a good thing, there's a simple technique for liking and commenting. Do the liking and commenting yourself. Be authentic and organic about it. You can't hack the system.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
In the last 2 months or so instagram has been limiting actions overall on a lot of accounts. Everliker is useless now.

Matt_2190

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 19, 2017
Southern Europe
I installed Everliker, but I have fear of use it. I don't wanna see my business account blocked.

But it gave me some nice tips: I'm doing what it does, but manually. I'm searching the my niche hashtags (or the profiles that follow my competitors) and I give a lot of "like". In this way, I think is better:

- You can see a lot of stuff of your niche. What works, who are the bigger players, how the audicence think.
- You can be personal with the other accounts and met new people interested in your product.
- You can detect the bigger influencers too and follow them. So every time that you enter in your business profile, you have all the newsfeed of the influencers of your niche. And give likes and comments like a crazy. ;)

Yes, you waste time. But you can do it in your lost time, when you have nothing to do...Instead of lost time watching nice girls with your personal account. :happy:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I was stuck in the line of thinking of how do I grow an IG page as well, but when you really think about the question deeply its the same answer as what product do I sell. Something people actually want.

Create content that is entertaining, engaging, educational and or funny.

Same concept as a productacracy in a product.

The best example would be Casey Neistat on Youtube, if you watch his mini films, they are super cool and interesting, what sets him apart from all the millions of other Youtubers is that his content and filming talents are a heck of a lot better than 99% of people giving Youtube a go for ''easy money''

Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Yeah don't use everliker anymore.

Tim001

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Sep 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to share that giveaways are still working really well. The key is to include rules that they can get +20 extra entries if they share the giveaway post in their stories. This will make it go viral.

Another great option is the free tool "KingSumo". I've had great success with this and grew my mailing list by 1K, and increased my Facebook & Instagram followers with giving away less than $100 in product and about $80 in ad spend. It's amazing this tool and free (at least when I used it back in September), it takes a little while to set up but you can trigger a drip campaign after they signup for the giveaway.

D

Deleted74396

Hey everyone! I hope you can offer some advice.

I have a personal Instagram with around 10,000 likes. It's a personal account, but my audience are very supportive and engaged (around 25% engage daily when I'm active)!

I can make around £200-300 from invite-a-friend offers each month, but I'm looking at other ways I could make money from IG if I get back into focusing on Insta.

Do people buy shoutouts from smaller personal accounts? The advantage is it's more authentic, so I feel it would appeal to some smaller businesses. I've never done any outreach, but I could send 100+ personal emails/messages a day if it has any appeal?!

Are there any other ways I can monetise the page?

Happy to send anyone the link to my page, just drop me a message :)

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016

I have a personal Instagram with around 10,000 likes. It's a personal account, but my audience are very supportive and engaged (around 25% engage daily when I'm active)!

I can make around £200-300 from invite-a-friend offers each month, but I'm looking at other ways I could make money from IG if I get back into focusing on Insta.

Do people buy shoutouts from smaller personal accounts? The advantage is it's more authentic, so I feel it would appeal to some smaller businesses. I've never done any outreach, but I could send 100+ personal emails/messages a day if it has any appeal?!

my gf has like 15k followers all legit, you'll probably get a ton of free products but what you described is already a lot of money, if you find a way to make more let me know haha

FamoidSmith

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 14, 2020
USA
Hey guys, I guess there are some people here who try to grow on Instagram.

I went for the follow/unfollow way and got only like 700 followers in 4 weeks because I am restricted to only being able to follow 19 people at the time, then I have to wait some time and I even could not follow at all for a few days.
Does anyone know what works best lately since shout outs are not that good anymore?
Plus I was wondering if you guys want to make a DM group in order to help each other out or maybe there is already an existing one? How do you even find such groups?
You should buy instagram likes online, you will get more visibility. Many companies offer real active followers.

rakeshkapoor992

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
May 8, 2020
India

I went for the follow/unfollow way and got only like 700 followers in 4 weeks because I am restricted to only being able to follow 19 people at the time, then I have to wait some time and I even could not follow at all for a few days.
Does anyone know what works best lately since shout outs are not that good anymore?
Plus I was wondering if you guys want to make a DM group in order to help each other out or maybe there is already an existing one? How do you even find such groups?
The Follow and unfollow way is pretty spammy to grow Instagram . The Instagram algorithm will detect the behaviour and your organic reach will stop . You will also lose followers day by day .
The Best way to increase your followers is to
1 ) Make different and quality content .
2) Make sure you are using 30 relevant hashtags per post
3) Another key is to post consistently . ( 2 times a day )
4) Use your other social accounts to share the content
5) Make your page UX look cool ex - you can use template examples from canva
6 ) Engage with your niche group consistently

If this is not enough enroll for a online course for social media from dmti . I heard they provide best online course .

consignia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jul 19, 2019
It used to be so incredibly easy and cheap back in the day with botting. Now you have to do things a bit more organically and throw some money in but Instagram is so powerfull that is still worth it

rakeshkapoor992

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
May 8, 2020
India

Listen Content is the best way to get followers , i have observed that the one who provides solution to people gain followers . Branding , the look of your post , the quality of your post and the content is important to grow. Make your page look like a brand . The design of ur page is also necessary to attract new followers . Spend some time on photoshop and research to make a great page

kavitabhaskar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 24, 2020
India

Just focus on great content . Thats it . Make great viral content and the u don't need to worry about other things . It will follow you as long as your content is great

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
No money spent. I'm doing parody videos (putting athletes faces on movie characters heads) for the soccer niche--the largest sports market in the world. If its funny/relevent/engaging, big accounts like to post that kind of stuff if it doesn't offend anyone
A friend of mine does this with Simpsons Gifs. He has followers from all over the world, including some Harry Potter actors lol

Ivex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 26, 2021

Look up @niklaspedde and you can see how much you can make from a personal brand. You might not want to sell as aggressively as him but an IG course with the lifestyle posts is a great way to monetize.

Of course, you'll need to be able justify the course first so I'd focus on continuing to grow, maybe expand beyond simple affiliate marketing. Try creating your own ecommerce store, try selling a service of some kind, try lots of things. Build up some income, build up your followers then leverage it with a course.

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
  1. Make an awesome front page in which you add beautiful thoughts or Life learning ideas.
  2. Post content regularly.
  3. Go live in a week .
  4. Add Pictures & Videos to your story.
  5. Use Viral Hashtags (#).

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 18, 2021
I've been off Instagram awhile. Why only 19 follows at a time, is this a new thing or just for certain accounts.
No but to gain more follower try to like 100 post, in return the people will see your like and follow you back

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 27, 2021
  1. Make an awesome front page in which you add beautiful thoughts or Life learning ideas.
  2. Post content regularly.
  3. Go live in a week .
  4. Add Pictures & Videos to your story.
  5. Use Viral Hashtags (#).
This seems to be a decent way

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content