The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Automate Your Instagram Account

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Thanks again @Aaron W .

I have found that finding a "synergy account" and following their followers or liking their last 3-4 photos works fairly well. Probably a 30% success rate, but get the right account and it can be far higher.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
So the people I'm following are people who have commented on a certain users accounts pictures (because I know they will be a highly engaged user). Of course you need lots of accounts in the queries to ensure you have enough people to follow.

When automating you will need a new ip every 5 accounts you make.
I personally have been lucky or blessed in the sense that I've been able to create unlimited Instagram accounts on my phone or web browser.

With Instagram's recent changes I personally find a 200-300 growth rate per day is good.

How were you blessed with such luck? Can I not just login on a new device such an my ipad for another 5 accounts? Even though im on the same internet network? :)

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Thanks again @Aaron W .

I have found that finding a "synergy account" and following their followers or liking their last 3-4 photos works fairly well. Probably a 30% success rate, but get the right account and it can be far higher.

100%, I have one account in the 50k range and still looking for those perfect "synergy accounts" to target.
How were you blessed with such luck? Can I not just login on a new device such an my ipad for another 5 accounts? Even though im on the same internet network? :)

Honestly I don't know. I'm just lucky.

The best way is to just try...that's all i did and it works for me.
Don't feel like your doing something wrong if it doesn't work, lots of people can't make lots of accounts.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
100%, I have one account in the 50k range and still looking for those perfect "synergy accounts" to target.

Honestly I don't know. I'm just lucky.

The best way is to just try...that's all i did and it works for me.
Don't feel like your doing something wrong if it doesn't work, lots of people can't make lots of accounts.
Okay great, are all your accounts being logged in via internet browsers or devices ?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Okay great, are all your accounts being logged in via internet browsers or devices ?

Both.

However, during my automation periods I don't log in to them.
I just let them run and check up on them (not logged in) on my internet browser to make sure everything is good.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
Both.

However, during my automation periods I don't log in to them.
I just let them run and check up on them (not logged in) on my internet browser to make sure everything is good.
And its max 5 per device? so as you have more I take it you have multiple devices all with the max of 5 reached on each one? Say like an ipad and iphone with 5 on each?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
And its max 5 per device? so as you have more I take it you have multiple devices all with the max of 5 reached on each one? Say like an ipad and iphone with 5 on each?

My 5 main accounts I care about are on my phone, 5 others on another phone then the rest I log in on a browser/never log on and let them grow.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
My 5 main accounts I care about are on my phone, 5 others on another phone then the rest I log in on a browser/never log on and let them grow.
so its aright to have two lots of 5 accoutnts on two separate phones haha? Then the rest on internet browser?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
so its aright to have two lots of 5 accoutnts on two separate phones haha? Then the rest on internet browser?

I'm not saying it is. It's just what I do.

Some people can't even make two accounts on a single phone. It's different for everyone so its hard for me to say "yes this is exactly what you should do". The best thing is just to test it and see if it works for you.

After all the best way to learn is to do :)

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
I'm not saying it is. It's just what I do.

Some people can't even make two accounts on a single phone. It's different for everyone so its hard for me to say "yes this is exactly what you should do". The best thing is just to test it and see if it works for you.

After all the best way to learn is to do :)
thanks mate appreciate it, one last question when it test it and find out if I can or not, doesn't that run the risk of instagram banning my accounts ?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
thanks mate appreciate it, one last question when it test it and find out if I can or not, doesn't that run the risk of instagram banning my accounts ?

It could possibly, its best to do all testing on new accounts to see the effect. However, remember when running new accounts they are always at a much higher percentage to get banned than established accounts.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
It could possibly, its best to do all testing on new accounts to see the effect. However, remember when running new accounts they are always at a much higher percentage to get banned than established accounts.
But does it run the risk of old ones getting banned as they could be linked to new ones also?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
But does it run the risk of old ones getting banned as they could be linked to new ones also?

I have no idea. I don't work at Instagram so I have no idea how their system traces for users :)

My banned accounts haven't had a chain reaction on other accounts. They probably only flag your IP.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
How is followliker itself? Worth the price?

I'm looking at creating useful bots soon.

The Bot creator is probably making a tidy sum these days with the quantity of SM utilizers.(assumption)

Sorry for derailing the thread, in advance.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
How is followliker itself? Worth the price?

I'm looking at creating useful bots soon.

The Bot creator is probably making a tidy sum these days with the quantity of SM utilizers.(assumption)

Sorry for derailing the thread, in advance.

Never had a problem with it. Run's smooth and basically does everything you want it to do.

Can be confusing for new users though.

Frequent updates, support staff and strong user guide for advanced settings make it worth it in my opinion.

CostChisel

Doing it right costs less than doing it over!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the info Aaron. I started automating my Instagram 3 days ago. It's a new account I created for my business. In 3 days I got 28 followers... This is with very conservative settings as it is a new account and with very targeted (location, construction) settings. I really love the auto uploading of pictures. I have a library of 500+ pictures I have taken over the past two years, it works great. @RoofingPaving

I'm gonna add more options for the picture captions... I'm using only one at the time.

After how many days can I start turning up the settings to follow/unfollow more people? I don't want to risk getting shut down. I'm currently at daily follow limit 38-62

Thanks again for the great info

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Thanks for the info Aaron. I started automating my Instagram 3 days ago. It's a new account I created for my business. In 3 days I got 28 followers... This is with very conservative settings as it is a new account and with very targeted (location, construction) settings. I really love the auto uploading of pictures. I have a library of 500+ pictures I have taken over the past two years, it works great. @RoofingPaving

I'm gonna add more options for the picture captions... I'm using only one at the time.

After how many days can I start turning up the settings to follow/unfollow more people? I don't want to risk getting shut down. I'm currently at daily follow limit 38-62

Thanks again for the great info

I would say every 2 days tune the settings up a little bit each by 20 if you want to keep safe :)

belmondziak

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 26, 2015
I use massplaner for likes and comments . I set around 1400 likes per day and 300-400 comments.
But it I see that account gain 20-30 new followers per day by using this method . So how it's possible to gain 100-200 new followers per day just doing likes and comments ?
And this program cost just 10$ per month , so what is the difference between followliker and for example massplaner ?
And that amount of comments is safety to not get bann?
And how many accounts you can follow per day ,300-400 ?

Anyone knows how many followers you have to have to be in suggest accounts ?

Last edited:

freelancedev

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
May 7, 2015
How effective would this strategy be if I was building up 10+ accounts in a niche and then promoting my ecommerce store or brand instagram on those accounts once they have enough followers?

There seem to be a lot of ecommerce businesses on instagram trying this follow/unfollow strategy, maybe I'm cynical but I can't imagine a huge amount of them are thriving this way. Seems that the really really big ones are growing their accounts with shout outs from celebs.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
I use massplaner for likes and comments . I set around 1400 likes per day and 300-400 comments.
But it I see that account gain 20-30 new followers per day by using this method . So how it's possible to gain 100-200 new followers per day just doing likes and comments ?
And this program cost just 10$ per month , so what is the difference between followliker and for example massplaner ?
And that amount of comments is safety to not get bann?
And how many accounts you can follow per day ,300-400 ?

Anyone knows how many followers you have to have to be in suggest accounts ?

Damn that's some high numbers for comments. Most people don't go over 100 (200 max) but if its working for you stick with it.

1) The main difference between FollowLiker and Mass Planner is FL has no monthly fee and there's way more features (upload images for example)

2) You can follow up to 600 accounts per day safely. I have accounts which follow 800 a day though. It's all about testing and increasing over a long period of time. Automating isn't about short term goals, its about long term and the journey getting there. [HASHTAG]#jacksparrow[/HASHTAG]

How effective would this strategy be if I was building up 10+ accounts in a niche and then promoting my ecommerce store or brand instagram on those accounts once they have enough followers?

There seem to be a lot of ecommerce businesses on instagram trying this follow/unfollow strategy, maybe I'm cynical but I can't imagine a huge amount of them are thriving this way. Seems that the really really big ones are growing their accounts with shout outs from celebs.

Shoutouts are a great way to instantly start building an audience, but its going to cost a lot. $100 and up for big accounts.

It's hard to say if it would or wouldn't be effective as you will have to test it. Every niche responds differently on Instagram due to the target demographic. Selling gardening leaf rakes to old dudes...there's probably not many of them on Instagram.

freelancedev

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
May 7, 2015
Shoutouts are a great way to instantly start building an audience, but its going to cost a lot. $100 and up for big accounts.

It's hard to say if it would or wouldn't be effective as you will have to test it. Every niche responds differently on Instagram due to the target demographic. Selling gardening leaf rakes to old dudes...there's probably not many of them on Instagram.
For arguments sake, could you start 5/6 accounts in male niches (beards, success quotes, cars, muscle, hairstyles) and then start stores with products that would appeal to these niches like beard oils, hair products, cosmetics, supplements etc. and then promote these brands (their instagrams and their websites directly) on the niche instagrams? I'm not so sure how effective this strategy would be a surely there are a lot of people using this same strategy, would you need a product with a USP rather than just a generic beard oil for example to stand out from the crowd?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
For arguments sake, could you start 5/6 accounts in male niches (beards, success quotes, cars, muscle, hairstyles) and then start stores with products that would appeal to these niches like beard oils, hair products, cosmetics, supplements etc. and then promote these brands (their instagrams and their websites directly) on the niche instagrams? I'm not so sure how effective this strategy would be a surely there are a lot of people using this same strategy, would you need a product with a USP rather than just a generic beard oil for example to stand out from the crowd?

I'm sure it would work, on Instagram your basically just driving free unpaid traffic to your products.

At the end of the day though like you said, they product needs to be good - you can just sell any old thing on it and expect/chase money.

doinkdedoink

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 14, 2016
USA
Thanks for all the info, I just started trying this out the other day after reading the other AMA that died out. I setup 1 account and in 4 days I am up to 1100 followers, all I am doing is liking targeted followers of big accounts in my niche. I want to get 30+ accounts going though, I am creating my own ecommerce store and what better way to advertise then reaching out to millions of people for free you know? I have a few questions if you don't mind though.

I purchased 5 proxies, and 6 "aged" IG accounts to test out, I currently have 3 IG accounts that I switch back and forth with on my phone, I am wondering if I can login to the IG accounts that I bought and setup the profiles/bio from my phone before I start using the bot on them through proxies, would I be risking the accounts by doing that?

Also I plan to just completely automate most of the accounts I start up, but for a handful of the accounts I would like to bot them and login to them through my phone so I can add hashtags and post photos reliably (I've been having trouble posting photos through FL, also with it adding hashtags), if I wanted to do that should I just run those accounts through my own IP and not through a proxy and just put all the ones I am going to completely automate on the proxies?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Thanks for all the info, I just started trying this out the other day after reading the other AMA that died out. I setup 1 account and in 4 days I am up to 1100 followers, all I am doing is liking targeted followers of big accounts in my niche. I want to get 30+ accounts going though, I am creating my own ecommerce store and what better way to advertise then reaching out to millions of people for free you know? I have a few questions if you don't mind though.

I purchased 5 proxies, and 6 "aged" IG accounts to test out, I currently have 3 IG accounts that I switch back and forth with on my phone, I am wondering if I can login to the IG accounts that I bought and setup the profiles/bio from my phone before I start using the bot on them through proxies, would I be risking the accounts by doing that?

Also I plan to just completely automate most of the accounts I start up, but for a handful of the accounts I would like to bot them and login to them through my phone so I can add hashtags and post photos reliably (I've been having trouble posting photos through FL, also with it adding hashtags), if I wanted to do that should I just run those accounts through my own IP and not through a proxy and just put all the ones I am going to completely automate on the proxies?

1) There would be a minor risk, I generally do it though, however if you can connect via the proxy you will use it will be safer.

2) Run the accounts on your own IP (the ones you want to specifically have control over/don't want to loose)

Good luck with the journey, the best thing is just to test out different ideas and see what works best for you :)

doinkdedoink

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 14, 2016
USA
1) There would be a minor risk, I generally do it though, however if you can connect via the proxy you will use it will be safer.

2) Run the accounts on your own IP (the ones you want to specifically have control over/don't want to loose)

Good luck with the journey, the best thing is just to test out different ideas and see what works best for you :)
Thanks for the reply, I've been looking into it more and I think I am going to try and root my phone so that I can login to IG without them getting my IP.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Do you have any actual advice to attract real targeted followers, potential customers for an account hosting a product/brand?

I actually see these follow/unfollowers every day on my page, pretty annoying.

the great one

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 5, 2016
Do you have any actual advice to attract real targeted followers, potential customers for an account hosting a product/brand?

I actually see these follow/unfollowers every day on my page, pretty annoying.

What I'm noticing is that the key here is to post consistent, fresh, UNIQUE content.

I have three different pages that I'm 'playing' with and do not use the follow/unfollow method at all and they all have around 10k followers. By far, I see the best engagement on the page that is all unique content that I personally create. I generate anywhere between 500-1500 likes on a post within 24 hours on this page. On another page that I have, with a similar number of followers, I routinely see about 100-150 likes on a post in 24 hours. This page is all regurgitated content. Another thing to point out, I've been running the latter for about three times longer than I've been running the former, and they are both equal on the number of followers.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
What I'm noticing is that the key here is to post consistent, fresh, UNIQUE content.

I have three different pages that I'm 'playing' with and do not use the follow/unfollow method at all and they all have around 10k followers. By far, I see the best engagement on the page that is all unique content that I personally create. I generate anywhere between 500-1500 likes on a post within 24 hours on this page. On another page that I have, with a similar number of followers, I routinely see about 100-150 likes on a post in 24 hours. This page is all regurgitated content. Another thing to point out, I've been running the latter for about three times longer than I've been running the former, and they are both equal on the number of followers.

Exactly this. Posting original content is what gets you more engagement and technically 'eyes on your brand'.

Of course, adding extra targeting methods to bring in the right people (liking, following, commenting) is going to increase your rate of growth. You just need to know your 'ideal customer' and what they like on Instagram.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
Hey mate, any idea why this week my tags don't appear? Im posting probably 3 times a day across 2 account so 6 times a day. At the same time on both accounts, just this week and a while ago I get the odd few days where my pics don't show when I search for them? Likes have dropped from around 60 to about 15 I usually have to stop posting for 3 days but its killing business...any idea mate :)

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Hey mate, any idea why this week my tags don't appear? Im posting probably 3 times a day across 2 account so 6 times a day. At the same time on both accounts, just this week and a while ago I get the odd few days where my pics don't show when I search for them? Likes have dropped from around 60 to about 15 I usually have to stop posting for 3 days but its killing business...any idea mate :)

Make sure to update FollowLiker and restart the program so its working correctly with Instagram's API.

This will also mean you need to delete images you've already uploaded from folders so FollowLiker doesn't upload them again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.