• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Growing your Instagram account, strategy and discussion

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Elijah, Feb 22, 2018.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $386,698
    Admin Post
    Yes, some of the social management programs I've been using have stopped working as well.

Andy Black likes this.
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $178,531
    Ha. Sounds like I’m more than fashionably late to the party.

Anyway... this weekend I created a brand new and throwaway Instagram account with associated website. Will start posting quotes and things. May play with a tool but only after I’m bored doing things by hand.

Can’t let MJ and you guys have all the fun.

Striver likes this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $386,698
    Admin Post
    I also noticed that my followers jumped up. Not sure if it's anything I've done, but it coincided with the FB changes.

My guess is that maybe Follow/Unfollower services stopped working?

So the ridiculous "Ill follow you only to unfollow you 24 hours later" thing stopped happening.

The_Saphir and Andy Black like this.
  4. Joaquim

Joaquim Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $955
    Just heard something I'm not happy about and wanted to share this with you guys.

You all probably use a planner for Instagram?
    I use Hootsuite to plan my posts weeks ahead.

Apparently Instagram's algorithm doesn't like planner apps and gives you less reach in return..

Bummer.

5. JordanS

JordanS Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $421
    For guys missing social blade you can use igblade.com

6. Argin Gerigorian

Argin Gerigorian Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $781
    What's your handle Andy? I'll get you one more follower ;)

7. Argin Gerigorian

Argin Gerigorian Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $781
    Very good point!

Use the link in bio, swipe up feature and whatever else you can from Instagram to BUILD your email list!

Whatever you're selling on that specific page get emails! So much more valuable than IG

MattR82 likes this.
  8. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $178,531
    Lol, thanks. I’ve still not posted to my personal account.

I’ve posted to a generic throwaway account but I’m not sharing that handle just yet as I’m trying to see if I can grow it organically from ground zero.

I’ve a progress thread somewhere on that. So far not much progress to report other than thinking I’d rather post to some other platform because IG is rife with bots.

So far I’m finding IG my least favourite platform ever...

EDIT: Found the progress thread. You can watch a grown man get reduced to tears here:

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Argin Gerigorian likes this.
  9. Evil_Jester

Evil_Jester Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,694
    I stopped my 17k account recently because of a poor target market. I think instagram is good for using other influencers when you want to market a product. It's kind of a waste to grow your own account if you want to make money from it. That's why you always see people making money managing other accounts. Also it takes too much time to manage your account everyday, which is vital for growth

10. jcvlds

jcvlds JC Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,284
    Usually, what’s hard and time consuming leads to positive results if you stick with it and consistently out perform others who quit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy Black and Bearcorp like this.
  11. Evil_Jester

Evil_Jester Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,694
    As grant cardone says, "who has my money?" You got to know that before you spend time with the wrong market

jon.M and Andy Black like this.
  12. alexson

alexson New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $22
    If I do post Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday on Instagram then I will get more followers to my post.

Xeon likes this.
  13. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,801
    Have a look at adobe spark and also filmora

Xeon likes this.
  14. Travis Robinson

Travis Robinson New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    19 at once! What type of Instagram account you have?
    I hope the answer is 'business type' and I would further suggest you collecting organic audience instead of going for any shortcuts.

Xeon likes this.
  15. Lavern Muller

Lavern Muller New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    19, I think is quite a low limit for following people in a single day. And I didn't find any such group till now (might be there, I am the newbie here). I recommend going with content strategies to gain more followers on Instagram rather than follow/unfollow techniques.

Xeon likes this.
  16. Lavern Muller

Lavern Muller New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Forget "Follow/Unfollow" technique. Just stick to making constant improvement in your posts as it will help you get featured on Instagram with massive organic followers.

Xeon likes this.
  17. BaraQueenbee

BaraQueenbee tiny Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $6,218
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but for those using IG actively and using hashtags, be sure to check the new UPDATED 2019 list of Banned hashtags, for using those actually does effect the algorithm and how/if people can find you!

Xeon likes this.
  18. Matt Dassel

Matt Dassel New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $78
    Hey, is that the algorithm of instagram that classifies your page as actively engaged? Or is it just you calling it engaged by your definition?

Xeon likes this.
  19. Matt Dassel

Matt Dassel New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $78
    Hey, I have little experience with social media. I would like to hear an elaboration on this idea. Is it really that bad? If you think about it, facebook itself is just a machine that people expect to use, just as any other media. I never felt like they had so much power though. It's more like this: People are free to consume whatever they decide to but the best the platform can do is... get in the way of people looking for their content? Publishing their ads?

I'd just like to talk about this again because it really feels to me like there is still enough power to develop brands using instagram if, and only, people decide to consume it.

Xeon likes this.
  20. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,235
    If I know what algorithms does IG exactly uses, I would be rich. That post was made some time back before I went deep into this IG thing.

What I do know is that currently, IG has changed its algo somewhat. It uses Likes, Comments amount, Saves and Shares, and possibly Mentions, as metrics to determine whether to boost your Reach further. So yes, I'm very certain that the more mentions there are, the more the Reach IG will give you.

It used to be that IG gave you a 10min time frame window after you posted, and if your followers like and share your post, it will show it to more of your followers etc. But because hashtags have been really huge recently, this is no longer an issue, because now, most posts start going viral only after the 3 - 6th hour mark after posting, and the virality can last up to 2 days, and still keep getting followers 2 weeks after that.

Matt Dassel likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.