The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing a YouTube channel after years of action faking

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
Hello Fastlane!
I have avoided this forum for a LONG LONG time.
Inspired by James Jani's thread a while back, I also wanted to share my YouTube journey here.

Let me give some quick related background:
I wanted to make a YouTube channel for two years! but in those two years I did a lot of action fakes, instead of, taking the actual action needed.
In part of my action faking, I worked a job again, I started to go to Uni (which was actually good for me, I know have better social life and more structured days), I even enrolled into Fox's very own Web Design school! (No offense to Rob, his stuff is amazing! but sadly, Web Design wasn't for me. I created two websites and sold one of them... but I hated it!)
Finally, two weeks ago I made my first video. I had a lot of excuses and fears, your usual stuff like not liking how I sound or look on camera. but I decided to simply take action, even if my videos are not perfect now, I know it'll be better with time and videos.

I'm sure people will criticize this, but I don't yet really have a niche. For now it looks like to be a focus of self-improvement, fitness, etc. But I know I can't use this as an excuse - to find a perfect niche or channel title - I simply need to create content.
Here are my first 2 videos:

I'll try to update this thread once in a while, I think that it'll be nice to look at this thread in the future and see how far I've gone. Currently my goals are to make at least 1 video per week (I will be increasing this soon, I think to pre record a bunch when my University testing period starts and I have more time) and 10,000 subscribers by 2022.
12/24/2021
Subscribers: 14
Income: 0$

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Fastlane!
I have avoided this forum for a LONG LONG time.
Inspired by James Jani's thread a while back, I also wanted to share my YouTube journey here.

Let me give some quick related background:
I wanted to make a YouTube channel for two years! but in those two years I did a lot of action fakes, instead of, taking the actual action needed.
In part of my action faking, I worked a job again, I started to go to Uni (which was actually good for me, I know have better social life and more structured days), I even enrolled into Fox's very own Web Design school! (No offense to Rob, his stuff is amazing! but sadly, Web Design wasn't for me. I created two websites and sold one of them... but I hated it!)
Finally, two weeks ago I made my first video. I had a lot of excuses and fears, your usual stuff like not liking how I sound or look on camera. but I decided to simply take action, even if my videos are not perfect now, I know it'll be better with time and videos.

I'm sure people will criticize this, but I don't yet really have a niche. For now it looks like to be a focus of self-improvement, fitness, etc. But I know I can't use this as an excuse - to find a perfect niche or channel title - I simply need to create content.
Here are my first 2 videos:

I'll try to update this thread once in a while, I think that it'll be nice to look at this thread in the future and see how far I've gone. Currently my goals are to make at least 1 video per week (I will be increasing this soon, I think to pre record a bunch when my University testing period starts and I have more time) and 10,000 subscribers by 2022.
12/24/2021
Subscribers: 14
Added here:
Good luck!

pumpkinman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 20, 2021
Best of luck.

First I think you need to sort out your microphone situation. I am in a room with some background noise and it's hard to tell what you're saying, sounds like it's EQed wrong. What's your mic setup?

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
Best of luck.

First I think you need to sort out your microphone situation. I am in a room with some background noise and it's hard to tell what you're saying, sounds like it's EQed wrong. What's your mic setup?
Yeah, I've got that too, I'm still figuring things out.
Someone told me to put my mic far from the wall, so next video I'll have it on the other side and sit more to the center of my desk.
I have a blue yeti and the gain is on the middle, but honestly not that happy about it.
I followed this guy guide:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCB72S64L4&ab_channel=MikeRussell

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
If you want to grow fast I suggest you try the "short" format, 1080x1080 resolution videos of <1 minute length. If you want to go the self-development route, you could upload daily videos packed with some wisdom, positive thinking, affirmations and the likes.

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
It took me a very long time, it's always taking more than expected to edit.
I've tried to improve on my editing and sit closer to the mic which will improve audio. I also got a new mic for the next video.

I also got some nice comments from people about things I'm insecure about, showing it doesn't really matter:
1641299923745.png
1641299942320.png
1641299961514.png
1641299983794.png

04/01/2021
Subscribers: 31
Total views: 397

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
I remembered I had a fastlane thread - so I'm updating my progress.

One video blew up and got almost 60k views
18/04/22
Subs: 402

I was struggling, but I'm back on the grind now, being more open on camera, and editing better:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnVwaSMxH8

1650300234280.png
Monetization doesn't feel so far away!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.