The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great books that are NOT best-sellers. Share yours.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
None of my books have ever hit the New York Times best-seller list, and yet, I have sold more than most NYTs best sellers. Interesting don't ya say? That means, you were likely RECOMMENDED the book by a trusted friend, or a YouTube channel.

Recently in the Unscripted Text Network, I asked people to share their best book recommendations that are NOT best-sellers. And by BEST-SELLER I mean something from a NON-FAMOUS author that that isn't widely known.

That said, what is a great, "must read" book that is not widely known, hyped, or publicized? If you have a great book recommendation that is NOT widely known, like an underground *hidden-gem* favorite, please post and I will compile the data and share later.

DO NOT SHARE A BOOK THAT HAS OVER 2,000 REVIEWS AT AMAZON.
DO NOT SHARE A BOOK THAT LIKELY HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED OVER, AND OVER.
DO NOT SHARE A BOOK FROM A FAMOUS AUTHOR

If I see anything by Clear, Napoleon Hill, Goggins, Hormozi, Greene, Taleb, I will puke. Then I will delete the post.

Please use this format:

Book:
Author:
Genre:
Subject/Description:
(optional) Amazon Link:

My intention is to compile this data in an easy to read format organized by subject and then share.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump, created from this thread. I didn't transfer the recommendations from that thread due to incorrect format.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Book: The Elusive Obvious
Author: Moshe Feldenkrais
Genre: Somatics
Subject/Description: The science of somatics, more specifically the Feldenkrais Method.
(optional) Amazon Link:Amazon.com

Last edited:

Temerity

Purveyor of Fine Mouthwash Goods
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 23, 2013
Boston
Edit: Oops - just saw your post above, MJ. Sorry about that! Possible to move this to the new topic?

Them: It's popular!
Thoughtful folks: So what?

The more exposure I get to it, the more I have come to disdain the mainstream and its endorsements, including books. This became especially stark for me post-COVID. They are the #1 reason the world fell apart for 2+ years, but I digress...

Just because something is called "bestseller" doesn't make it good or even useful, it just makes it popular because the New York Slimes Times decided it needed something to write about. I highly doubt the reviewers of those books read through them with any veracity or barely applied its principles to see if they work, if at all. They needed eyeballs on headlines, and that's that.

Knighting something "bestseller" is on the same level as a participation trophy. It's meaningless. It's only meaningful to people who don't want to go through the bothersome trials of thinking things through and arriving at sound conclusions.

Not only that, most of the books I have read are stuffed with filler. They have only a couple of basic concepts which can be explained in a few pages. The rest is padded with painful prattle. That's why I like summary books, like Cliffnotes.

Original thought, pioneer thinking, wisdom - it's hard to come by in books, but there are some gems for me, and not many of them have to do with business or making money. I'm not even certain of their bestseller status. Here they are:

Influence: Science and Practice by Robert Cialdini.

I didn't even have to look up the title or author of the book to remember it here. It is one of the most insightful, well-grounded books I have ever read on human behavior. I have started reading his follow-up Presuasion [sic] and it is turning out to be just as revolutionary.

I've read a couple of books Stoicism which really helped me from a mental and emotional point of view.

The Little Book of Stoicism
The Daily Stoic

Of course, The Millionaire Fastlane absolutely shook my world years ago. I've applied it these past couple of years to build a business. Took me one year and a half of grueling effort to just get my first sale!

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Book: Storyworthy: Engage, Teach, Persuade, and Change Your Life through the Power of Storytelling
Author: Matthew Dicks

Genre: Storytelling

Subject/Description: Tips to find, craft and tell stories in every day life.

Book: Civilized to Death: The Price of Progress
Author: Christopher Ryan
Genre: Culture / Anthropology

Subject/Description: Fresh take on the narrative about progress

Book: Everything in Its Place: The Power of Mise-En-Place to Organize Your Life, Work, and Mind
Author: Dan Charnas
Genre: Productivity

Subject/Description: Insights from one of the most organized and under-pressure place in earth: the kitchen.

Book: Beyond Good and Evil
Author: Nietzsche

Genre: Philosophy

Subject/Description: A call against conformity from a very misunderstood philosopher

Book: On the shortness of life
Author: Seneca

Genre: Philosophy

Subject/Description: Life doesn’t pass too quickly, we rather squander it. It is a reminder to live our lives, on our own terms.

Book: The Prosperity Paradox: How Innovation Can Lift Nations out of Poverty
Author: Efosa Ojomo, Clayton M. Christensen

Genre: Social Entrepreneurship

Subject/Description: A Fastlane take on lifting communities out of poverty

Fomo

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 20, 2021
Bamenda, Northwest, cameroon
Book: The satvic food book
Author: Subah Saraf
Genre: Health
Subject/Description: Healing the body with plant-based food, without any medicine. Includes detox salads, healing soups. All recipes are free from refined oil, sugar, pungent spices, milk & milk products and processed foods. They are made using ingredients straight from nature, the way you find them in nature.
Packed with beautiful photography, the Satvic Food Book invites you to change your relationship with food and radically enhance your health, digestion, radiance and bliss.

Amazon link: Amazon.com: Satvic Food Book : 45 Healing Recipes to Cure Any Chronic Disease eBook : Saraf, Subah: Books

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
None of my books have ever hit the New York Times best-seller list, and yet, I have sold more than most NYTs best sellers. Interesting don't ya say? That means, you were likely RECOMMENDED the book by a trusted friend, or a YouTube channel.

Recently in the Unscripted Text Network, I asked people to share their best book recommendations that are NOT best-sellers. And by BEST-SELLER I mean something from a NON-FAMOUS author that that isn't widely known.

That said, what is a great, "must read" book that is not widely known, hyped, or publicized? If you have a great book recommendation that is NOT widely known, like an underground *hidden-gem* favorite, please post and I will compile the data and share later.

If I see anything by Clear, Napoleon Hill, Goggins, Hormozi, Greene, Taleb, I will puke. Then I will delete the post.

Please use this format:

Book:
Author:
Genre:
Subject/Description:
(optional) Amazon Link:

My intention is to compile this data in an easy to read format organized by subject and then share.
What's yours?

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
What's yours?

Book : Marketing management
Authors : Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller
Genre : Marketing + General business + Branding
Subject/description : It's actually a textbook on this topic and one that my mentor recommended me. One of the most in depth books in terms of addressing the fundamentals.
Amazon link : Buy Marketing Management, Global Edition Book Online at Low Prices in India | Marketing Management, Global Edition Reviews & Ratings - Amazon

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Book: The Road Less Stupid
Author: Keith J. Cunningham
Genre: Business - Strategy
Subject/Description: Learn the principles and strategies of making great decisions and minimizing risk. The structure of Thinking Time will enable you to minimize reacting emotionally and defaulting to the most obvious "best idea" available in the moment. The series of short chapters and subsequent Thinking Time questions are designed to maximize clarity and create better choices...either of which will result in fewer stupid mistakes.
Amazon Link: Amazon.com: The Road Less Stupid (Audible Audio Edition): Keith J. Cunningham, Keith J. Cunningham, Keith J. Cunningham: Books

Book: Who
Author: Geoff Smart
Genre: Business - Hiring
Subject/Description: In business, you are who you hire. In Who, Geoff Smart and Randy Street offer simple, easy-to-follow steps that will put the right people in place for optimal success.
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345504194/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Book: The Patron Way: from Fantasy to Fortune - Lessons on Taking any Business from Idea to Iconic Brand
Author: Ilana edelstein
Genre: Business Biography
Subject/Description: Details the unorthodox building of the brand, the extraordinary creativity and marketing ingenuity of Patrón's cofounder, Martin Crowley, and his life partner, Ilana Edelstein, and the way Patrón single-handedly transformed the face of the liquor industry. Edelstein was involved in every aspect of the business--from the brand’s iconic bottle to designing the sexy and attention-getting outfits worn by the famous "Patrón Girls" at promotions and parties to running the back office.
Amazon Link: The Patron Way: From Fantasy to Fortune - Lessons on Taking Any Business From Idea to Iconic Brand: From Fantasy to Fortune - Lessons on Taking Any Business From Idea to Iconic Brand: Edelstein, Ilana: 0884843845871: Books - Amazon

Book: Fascinate: How to Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist
Author: Sally Hogshead
Genre: Business Branding
Subject/Description: A step by step system that reveals how to make any brand, message, or idea impossible to resist by using one or more of the seven Advantages described in the book.
Amazon Link: Fascinate, Revised and Updated: How to Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist: Hogshead, Sally: 9780062206480: Books - Amazon

Book: How to Create a Million Dollar Unique Selling Proposition
Author: Bill Bodri
Genre: Marketing
Subject/Description: Details 10 different ways you can create the perfect USP for your business, product or service. If you work through these ten methods, you can create a killer USP in record time and then use it to increase your sales and align your entire marketing strategy.
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1452869375/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Book: The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (and Why They Don’t)
Author: Sean D’Souza
Genre: Marketing and Customer Pyschology
Subject/Description: Shows you how the customer makes decisions and what you need to put in place, so that the customer feels happy to buy products or services from you. The Brain Audit isn't about persuasion or any mind tricks. Instead it shows you the information that your customers need in order to make a decision. It shows you how to present that information, and thereby enable the customer to intelligently go through a purchase sequence.
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0473175045/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Book: Brand Seduction: How Neuroscience Can Help Marketers Build Memorable Brands
Author: Daryl Weber
Genre: Brand Building
Subject/Description: Daryl reveals the latest psychological and neuroscientific discoveries about how our minds process brand information and make decisions, and the important roles our emotions and unconscious play in our selections.
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1632650134/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Book: The Micro-Scripts Rules: How to tell your story and differentiate your brand in a sentence or less.
Author: Bill Schley
Genre: Marketing
Subject/Description: Biggest takeaway for me is chapter 8 which provides step-by-step instructions on how to build your Dominate Selling Ideas and "The Five Ingredients of Your DSI" makes building and evaluating your brand incredibly clear.
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1732748802/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
Book: The satvic food book
Author: Subah Saraf
Genre: Health
Subject/Description: Healing the body with plant-based food, without any medicine. Includes detox salads, healing soups. All recipes are free from refined oil, sugar, pungent spices, milk & milk products and processed foods. They are made using ingredients straight from nature, the way you find them in nature.
Packed with beautiful photography, the Satvic Food Book invites you to change your relationship with food and radically enhance your health, digestion, radiance and bliss.

Amazon link: Amazon.com: Satvic Food Book : 45 Healing Recipes to Cure Any Chronic Disease eBook : Saraf, Subah: Books
Check out anything from Dr. Collin Cambell. He is all things whole foods plant based.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Although not the 'greatest' book ever written

'Built To Sell' - is a very fastlane oriented book, with a great story to help many readers make sense of the running a business --> selling a business transition. Story is told in a similar way to the Great Rat Race Escape .

Book: Built To Sell
Author: John Warrillow
Genre: Business
Description: How to get into the mindset of transitioning yourself out of being 'the' business - and instead move towards a model where you are no longer the centerpiece and have a great asset for sale with everything in place. This was a key read during my time of selling my fastlane business, and shared many similarities with what we were going through at the time.

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
Edit: Oops - just saw your post above, MJ. Sorry about that! Possible to move this to the new topic?

Them: It's popular!
Thoughtful folks: So what?

The more exposure I get to it, the more I have come to disdain the mainstream and its endorsements, including books. This became especially stark for me post-COVID. They are the #1 reason the world fell apart for 2+ years, but I digress...

Just because something is called "bestseller" doesn't make it good or even useful, it just makes it popular because the New York Slimes Times decided it needed something to write about. I highly doubt the reviewers of those books read through them with any veracity or barely applied its principles to see if they work, if at all. They needed eyeballs on headlines, and that's that.

Knighting something "bestseller" is on the same level as a participation trophy. It's meaningless. It's only meaningful to people who don't want to go through the bothersome trials of thinking things through and arriving at sound conclusions.

Not only that, most of the books I have read are stuffed with filler. They have only a couple of basic concepts which can be explained in a few pages. The rest is padded with painful prattle. That's why I like summary books, like Cliffnotes.

Original thought, pioneer thinking, wisdom - it's hard to come by in books, but there are some gems for me, and not many of them have to do with business or making money. I'm not even certain of their bestseller status. Here they are:

Influence: Science and Practice by Robert Cialdini.

I didn't even have to look up the title or author of the book to remember it here. It is one of the most insightful, well-grounded books I have ever read on human behavior. I have started reading his follow-up Presuasion [sic] and it is turning out to be just as revolutionary.

I've read a couple of books Stoicism which really helped me from a mental and emotional point of view.

The Little Book of Stoicism
The Daily Stoic

Of course, The Millionaire Fastlane absolutely shook my world years ago. I've applied it these past couple of years to build a business. Took me one year and a half of grueling effort to just get my first sale!
Awesome point! The more you get away from the mainstream, the more realize how full shit they are all. Sheep out to slaughter if we don't carve out our own path!!!

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
It's not a HOW TO book, it's more so a BOOK WITH GUIDING PRINCIPLES.

Book: The War Of Art
Author: Steven Pressfield

Genre: Bullet Proofing Your Mindset Towards Your Process & Whatever You Want To Build.

Description: This is an amazing read for people looking for better questions to ask themselves and by doing so find tune clarity towards their goals and ambition. Only with clarity can you pursue your goal without self-sabotaging and dabbling. If you can pick all the golden nugget from this book, your mindset is unbreakable. I still revisit this book every weekend...

The writer is a "failure" who never listened to those around him even as he failed, and eventually he became a success. His failures are more severe than anything I've experience at this point. Cliché, sure. But it gave me insights on what it takes to hit a home run.

And that is never EVER give in to RESISTANT.

Resistant comes in many form... you will find out what these forms of resistant's are in the first half! The second half of the book is quite spiritual so take it as you will.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Book: Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less

Author: Sam Carpenter

Genre: Business, Mindset, Practical Knowledge

Subject/Description: Sam, the author, overworked himself by just "winging it" and getting nowhere until he realized the simple yet powerful truth that every business needs:

processes. This shift in his mindset and outlook on reality helped him propel his enterprise forward and made it run just like a well-oiled machine, making him more money than ever.

Reading about his own experience, this book really gave me some major goosebumps of realization similar to The Fastlane Millionaire. It helped me clear my own thinking about business and seeing systems where before, was chaos.

Good read.

Amazon Link:

Moritz_J

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 12, 2022
Munich, Germany
Book:
My children will be born rich. This is what I will teach them: How to win in capitalism and morality.

Author:
Saygin Yalcin

Genre:
Business

Subject/Description:
Transform your mindset from a mere idea to the reality of a successful business.

Amazon Link:

Very good read! I have already met Saygin Yalcin in person.
He had multiple successful exits, one of them to Amazon >500 Mio USD

Many things in the book fit perfectly in the area of MJ's Fastlane Entrepreneurship, for example
- Saving all your money will not make you rich
- Your passion is a not a good area for your business. Before becoming a successful entrepreneur, he often worked as a DJ. Saygin himself reports in interviews that he used to undercut all other DJs because he did it for very little money or even just for drinks :D

Muusa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Feb 15, 2022
Paraguay
Book: Losing My Virginity
Author: Richard Branson
Genre: Business
Description:

This book give a full insight into the life of Richard Branson one of the UK's greatest businessmen and how he built a empire in multiple sectors such as aviation and music. This book includes good business advice and is a interesting read. I recommend this book to aspiring fastlane entrepreneurs as it includes a great fastlane success story.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I really like this book...

Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 20.05.01.png

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So many bestsellers and famous authors in this thread it's no longer making much sense.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I love history, especially wars.
This book is very poignant and describes the horrors on the Russian front by a real soldier, everything is real: Carnets de guerre de Nikolaï Nikouline (French Edition): Nikouline, Nikolai: 0002711200175: Amazon.com: Books ref=sr_1_1?crid=2KAULEXLE2GIM&keywords=Nikola%C3%AF+Nikoulin&qid=1655835885&sprefix=nikola%C3%AF+nikouline%2Caps%2C126&sr=8-1
Carnets-de-guerre-de-Nikolai-Nikouline.jpg

MikeTN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jun 20, 2017
Nashville Tennessee area

Please use this format:

Book:
Author:
Genre:
Subject/Description:
(optional) Amazon Link:

Book: The Operator: Firing the Shots That Killed Osama Bin Laden and My Years as a SEAL Team Warrior
Author: Robert O’Neil
Genre: Biography/History
Subject/Description: The Operator describes the nonstop action of O'Neill's deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, evokes the black humor of years-long combat, brings to vivid life the lethal efficiency of the military's Tier One units, and reveals firsthand details of the most celebrated terrorist takedown in history.​

Amazon.com: The Operator: Firing the Shots That Killed Osama Bin Laden and My Years as a SEAL Team Warrior (Audible Audio Edition): Robert O'Neill, Robert O'Neill, Simon & Schuster Audio: Books

**Full discloser I listened to this book on Audible, by far one of the best audio books I have ever listened to.** Robert details his journey from growing up to becoming a Seal and eventually going on a mission of a lifetime.​

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
So many bestsellers and famous authors in this thread it's no longer making much sense.
This lol

Here’s my actual hidden gem book

Book: The Sovereign Individual - Mastering the transition to the information age
Author: Davidson & Rees-Mogg
Genre: History/Politics/Economics
Subject/Description:
This book was written before the internet became mainstream, and basically predicted everything that has happened since correct. Why? The authors have deep knowledge about power systems, and the effect disruptive technology has on them. Think about the printing press and the church for example.
The authors project the future and how to prepare yourself for it (because a LOT of people will get left behind and rekt)

This book is the most paradigm shifting experience I have had apart from MJ DeMarco’s books.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Book: The Choice Theory
Author: William Glasser
Genre: Psychology
Subject/Description:
I found this book in a thrift store while traveling in Thailand, in a period where I was curious in ways to deal with trauma.
I don't think it's widely known, but I don't think it's secret either.
It propose a point of view, that like many others is not really true, but is most of the time true ; and, in that case, really, really, really helpful.
It relates to stoicism, but in a different, more practical, day to day way.
It changed my life, definitely, for the better ! I think everyone interested in improving themselves should read it.

If you read it, please send me a pm or post here to let me know what you think!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This lol

Here’s my actual hidden gem book

The Sovereign Individual is also super well known and often recommended.

IMO only something with no more than 100-200 reviews AT MOST (and more like maybe a few dozen) can be called a hidden gem.

And here people are recommending books with thousands of reviews or written by well-known people.

What constitutes a bestseller is subjective but come on...

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Book: Fearvana
Author: Akshay Nanavati
Genre: Neuroscience / Motivational
Subject/Description:From Amazon “Counterintuitive, practical and potentially life-changing, Akshay’s book wants to rewire the way you look at fear” (Seth Godin, author of Linchpin).
(optional) Amazon Link:
Amazon link

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And here people are recommending books with thousands of reviews or written by well-known people.

A book by Richard Branson. I'm sure good old Richard will be happy that I included his book in my "hidden gem" report so I can increase his multi-billion dollar net worth by a few bucks. :playful:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Book: Structures: or why things don't fall down
Author: J. E. Gordon.
Genre: Science/Engineering/Architecture
Subject/Description: Great general knowledge book on structures, and the science/engineering behind them. Includes nice analogies to structures found in human biology. Quite fascinating. I believe the book was also recommended by Elon Musk on a podcast.
Amazon Link: Structures: Or Why Things Don't Fall Down: Gordon, J. E.: 4708364245964: Amazon.com: Books

YearnForMe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Nov 9, 2017
Philippines
Book: The Tactical Guide to Women: How Men Can Manage Risk in Dating and Marriage

Author: Shawn T. Smith

Genre: Financial Risk Management / Mate Seeking / Dating

Subject/Description: For a forum (of mostly men) that is building or have built significant wealth, this is a good guide on how to keep the wrong women out of your life (and avoid financial ruin) while allowing the right ones in.

• 729 reviews
  • Author not very well known

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Book: Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents
Author: Lindsay Gibson
Genre: Self-development
Subject/Description: Helps adults who have had immature parents during their upbringing heal from emotional neglect and other causes. We as children growing up need emotional support for various use cases or events that occur during our lifetime. If this is not provided by our parents when we become adults. It will be hard for us to communicate with others and express how we feel. We also get this huge self-worth problem as if people just don't care at all. This book opened my eyes to what has happened in my upbringing. I was neglected by my parents, I was the kid on the computer. My parents barely checked in with me. I was "straight as an arrow" as they will say, meaning that I always knew what I wanted to do growing up. I was the kid they never had to worried about which thus created that exclusion feeling I felt back then of not being paid attention to. Definitely a good book for anyone who needs self-healing and might I add my parents were the distant parents.

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Book: Personality Isn't Permanent
Author: Benjamin Hardy
Genre: Self-Development
Subject/Description: I am still in the process of reading this book, but I found it at Barnes N Nobles. The cover caught my eye. This book talks about how your personality is not permanent and how one person can change. There are tests such as the MBTI and Enneagram to be exact that people take to identify and learn personality characteristic traits about themselves. These tests in a sense help people understand themselves and who they might be. But Dr.Hardy demonstrates how one person can change through scientific evidence or a study showing one person can change by showing you a step-by-step process that is laid out in the book.

In my personal opinion, these tests are fun to read, but not to be solely relied on. I feel like if you solely rely on these tests, then I believe you essentially are giving up your power to change and are trying to fit yourself in this "box" per se allowing a test to define who you are and what you can and cannot do. I don't like this one bit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.