The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great apps, tools, software... What do you use?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Pirsimils

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 3, 2023
Thanks for sharing these, they're awesome tools! I've had a great experience with Descript.com for editing, and Canva's simplicity is a lifesaver. As for project management, ClickUp is a gem. Great to see other recommendations too!

Marco L

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 6, 2017
Germany
* LanguageTool
Spelling and Grammar checker that works with multiple languages. I mainly use the browser extension.

* Speechify
Reads websites and e-books aloud. Helps me save time and retain the information better.

* The Gimp
Open source image editing.

* Inkscape
Open source vector graphics.

* VSCode
Code editing.

Shazelle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 13, 2020
Staffordshire
I use as few apps as possible because it speeds up my production time.

I’ve used Hubspot crm for appointment booking, email logging, and as a crm for years. It’s free and the University is great too.

I pay for Adobe cc (student rate) for creating all artwork and dissecting documents. Express has a decent social schedular and Illustrator is essential for me.

And Gsuite for email, creative writing (docs) and sheets covers everything financial.

The main app I rely on is the one I build to join everything together because I could get anything to work exactly as I needed it to. I hate being at the mercy of developers who change the software we like at will and we’re supposed to love them for it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The real Ephraim

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 1, 2023
Fleksy keabord version 10.1.0. (3320 key for download from Aurora store (custom download) for android) Best fast keabord for android. Save more time for me. New versions not good and more slowly.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
Google classroom is pretty great for course building and it's free.

Antonella Perazz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 6, 2023
For those who work with different languages, to check spelling and translate texts:
  • Grammarly
  • LanguageTool
(I use the Chrome extensions daily, and they work really well)

otis7

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 12, 2022
The Stayfocused Chrome extension is a great tool that helps me stay focused when using my laptop. It also includes a "Nuclear option" that blocks all websites and tabs on Chrome (Yes all websites!), except those on your allowed sites list. However, be cautious. I once accidentally blocked all sites for 23 hours instead of 23 minutes.

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023
Does anyone have a good app to clip and bookmark various sources on the internet? From articles, to tweets, to anything I might stumble upon. The app should also have an easy way to "clip" information via Firefox browser.

Please do NOT recommend Evernote as its Firefox plugin is trash. Right now I'm using MS One Note but I really don't like the look or feel.
Notion plugin is good

Try eagle software and take screenshots. It's good too

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023
Notion plugin is good

Try eagle software and take screenshots. It's good too
Lithium, ebook reader app. Light. Nice, easy, no ad interface.

WhatsApp "me" group. Create a group. Kick others. It's good for me to take a note. I rarely open other note taking software.

WhatsApp -> bitly. You could call other people WhatsApp without have to save their number.

Knime/Excel macro(?), Good for cleaning up messy excel. So you don't have to filter it one by one.

Tableau, for data visualization. I love how it breaks down numbers inside category, inside category, and continue. Nice visualization. Rarely use it recently.

I write my own python code to extract contact from greview, create a template on word, and change it based on Excel column

Any alternative of gform? I hate it sooooo much. It's a nightmare. I think to create something similar but nice interaction connecting to WhatsApp, so rather than fill form, I do chat, but idk how

Vikku

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 17, 2024
Youglish For learning how to pronounce a wrod , you can also download its chrome plugin & setup a shortcut key , & when you are browsing site & see a word that you dont know how to pronounce , just select that word & press your shortcut key it will open a popup window & you will see a series of youtube videos where this word is spoken by native speakers , works best for language learners

Mahadewa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 16, 2024
Slovakia

Audio and Video​

• Audacity: Free Audio Editing and Recording. I used it to edit my Podcast. Alternatively I use GarageBand in Mac.
  • VLC: Open-Source, Cross-Platform Multimedia Player
  • Handbrake: Open-Source, Cross-Platform Vidow Converter

Productivity​

• Total Commander: Windows Explorer replacement
  • Beyond Compare: Cross-Platform Data Comparison tool (e.g. compare 2 text file and find the differences visually).
  • Grand Perspective: For Mac - Scan a Drive and display disk usage graphically.
  • Treesize: For PC - the same as Grand Perspective.
  • Agent Ransack: For PC - lightning fast file search!
  • SnagIt: To me it’s the best screen capture software from the same people who brought us Camtasia, but it’s not Free. If anyone has other alternative, let me know.
  • Microsoft OneNote: Cross-Devices note taking. I need a note taking app which can sync to the cloud, has desktop and mobile app so I can access my note everywhere without Internet access. I tried Evernote but didn’t like the way it organises the notes (and apparently the quality was not like it used to be since it was bought by other company). So at the end I chose OneNote. If you are already MS Office 365 user, this is a good choice.
  • Google Suite: I am using extensively Google everything: Drive, Photos, Docs, Sheets, Keeps.
  • Recently I discovered Notion, which slowly is becoming my go to ‘Second Brain’.

Software Development Tools​

I am a Software Engineer by trade and by profession, so I use Software Tools every day.
  • Jetbrains IntelliJ, PyCharm: IDE to code Java, Scala, Python
  • MS Visual Studio: The flagship Microsoft IDE. I use it to build Windows app using C# .NET. You can also build a cross platform mobile app using Xamarin. I used this before I discovered React Native recently.
  • MS Visual Code: The little brother of Visual Studio, but by no means less powerful. I use it to build web and mobile app using React Native, NodeJS, etc.
  • DBeaver: Free Cross-Platform Database Tool
  • Notepad++: For PC- Source Code/Text Editor - and much more. It’s one of the first app I installed on a new PC.
  • Sublime Text: In my Mac, I use Sublime as an alternative for Notepad++.
  • Bluestack: Cross-Platform Android Emulator software to enable users to install and run Android (mobile) app on a PC or Mac.

AI
In my current job, I am a part of the Data Science team, as such I’m working with Machine Learning and AI technology.

ChatGPT: I’ve been using ChatGPT every day for the past 6 months. It is now my go to place to find information before Google (thought it’s not replacing it yet 100%). I use it as a learning platform, to learn new things. I use it to help me with my coding tasks (I can say that my performance is doubled since I use it). I use it as my ‘research intern’ to help me writing my newsletter articles and social media posts.

There are so many things that AI (not just ChatGPT) can help I can’t list them one by one, but needless to say, I believe that the world won’t be the same again.

And just in case you ask, No this post hasn’t been written by AI, I wrote every single word myself

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.