The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grant Cardone's Dirty Little Secret

Marketing, social media, advertising

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
After reading this, I can truly say with conviction that if you're someone who has felt anxious or overwhelmed by making organic content on social media platforms because there are just too many freaking things going on, I've got the answer for you in this post.

What I'd recommend if you're in that overwhelmed position is - just to take this framework and run with it. I've found that bouncing from framework to framework just depletes the enthusiasm you get when revving that video-creation engine
again..

-

You know, we work too hard as entrepreneurs to be constantly thinking about being overwhelmed by social media stuff.

Sometimes we just need to.. simplify stuff.. you know what I mean?

And it feels like these larger-than-life personalities on social media are posting all of these impactful and NEW things constantly, and we feel like we need to keep up..

I'm here to tell you that we CAN in fact keep up, because after observing it, what they're doing is not very complicated AT ALL.

They seem to have a new idea every single day.

The big guys on social media that you watch, the people that always pop up on your feed with some new opportunity, do not have new ideas constantly.

If you look at them, like really observe them... for example Grant Cardone for example, there are only three things the dude talks about.

He talks about how real estate is the best thing since sliced bread

He talks about how you have to become a good salesman
And how you gotta get your money up or you're screwed

Those are the only three things that he talks about.

And he constantly says the same things.. but he says it in a different way, and not only in a different way, he also says it with a different headline format, so it appears different, and he's just recycling content constantly.

And I'm urging you to do the same thing.. Because when you look at it this way, the possibilities are virtually endless.

Here are the action steps behind this:

Just pick three things that are super important to your market and just talk about those things constantly over and over and over again. It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter at all that you're posting the same thing over again.

Because what you gotta understand is most of your followers, when you post a video about a certain topic, they're not going to see it because Facebook/TikTok/IG isn't gonna show it to those people. It used to be that way where if you had a lot of followers, then they would show it to EVERYONE.

But it's not like that anymore. Now, strangers who don't know you yet are going to see you videos..

it's gonna be a bunch of random people, or it's going to be some of your followers, or ideally both

But all in all, no, not all of your followers are going to see your post. Therefore, you should feel okay with saying the same thing over and over and over again.

And by the way (and this is HUGE.. If you take one thing out of this that you can apply to social media immediately, make it this.)

when you say one thing in 10 different ways, people are going to find that 100X more beneficial than if you say 10 different things in one way.

The way that we do this is with headlines. And we can do this by, for example, if we have a headline that says "How to Make Money"..

The next week we might do a headline that says "Money Is Abundant.. Here's How To Get It"

Both headlines are saying the exact same thing, yet it can be SAID in a DIFFERENT WAY, with DIFFERENT words inside of the video..

And when you do this you're not just changing up the words, you're saying it in a different way that could make the viewer who saw your FIRST video on the topic, get a different meaning.. It could be the DIFFERENCE between a viewer seeing a video and not thinking much of it and them having a total breakthrough.

You see, the moral of the story is this

Those larger than life personalities on social media that seem to be posting new things, AREN'T!

What they're doing to make it SEEM that way is put a FACADE, an ILLUSION, to make it SEEM like what they are saying is new, but in reality, they're just saying the same thing they said yesterday, but using a different, more abstract set of words to say it.

So hopefully that makes sense..

Do that, and you will never have problems with being overwhelmed about what to post on social media ever again..

-Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
After reading this, I can truly say with conviction that if you're someone who has felt anxious or overwhelmed by making organic content on social media platforms because there are just too many freaking things going on, I've got the answer for you in this post.

What I'd recommend if you're in that overwhelmed position is - just to take this framework and run with it. I've found that bouncing from framework to framework just depletes the enthusiasm you get when revving that video-creation engine
again..

-

You know, we work too hard as entrepreneurs to be constantly thinking about being overwhelmed by social media stuff.

And it feels like these larger-than-life personalities on social media are posting all of these impactful and NEW things constantly, and we feel like we need to keep up..

I'm here to tell you that we CAN in fact keep up, because after observing it, what they're doing is not very complicated AT ALL.

The big guys on social media that you watch, the people that always pop up on your feed with some new opportunity, do not have new ideas constantly.

If you look at them, like really observe them... for example Grant Cardone for example, there are only three things the dude talks about.

And he constantly says the same things.. but he says it in a different way, and not only in a different way, he also says it with a different headline format, so it appears different, and he's just recycling content constantly.

And I'm urging you to do the same thing.. Because when you look at it this way, the possibilities are virtually endless.

Just pick three things that are super important to your market and just talk about those things constantly over and over and over again. It doesn't matter.

Because what you gotta understand is most of your followers, when you post a video about a certain topic, they're not going to see it because Facebook/TikTok/IG isn't gonna show it to those people. It used to be that way where if you had a lot of followers, then they would show it to EVERYONE.

But it's not like that anymore. Now, strangers who don't know you yet are going to see you videos..

it's gonna be a bunch of random people, or it's going to be some of your followers, or ideally both

But all in all, no, not all of your followers are going to see your post. Therefore, you should feel okay with saying the same thing over and over and over again.

And by the way (and this is HUGE.. If you take one thing out of this that you can apply to social media immediately, make it this.)

when you say one thing in 10 different ways, people are going to find that 100X more beneficial than if you say 10 different things in one way.

The way that we do this is with headlines. And we can do this by, for example, if we have a headline that says "How to Make Money"..

The next week we might do a headline that says "Money Is Abundant.. Here's How To Get It"

Both headlines are saying the exact same thing, yet it can be SAID in a DIFFERENT WAY, with DIFFERENT words inside of the video..

And when you do this you're not just changing up the words, you're saying it in a different way that could make the viewer who saw your FIRST video on the topic, get a different meaning.. It could be the DIFFERENCE between a viewer seeing a video and not thinking much of it and them having a total breakthrough.

Those larger than life personalities on social media that seem to be posting new things, AREN'T!

What they're doing to make it SEEM that way is put a FACADE, an ILLUSION, to make it SEEM like what they are saying is new, but in reality, they're just saying the same thing they said yesterday, but using a different, more abstract set of words to say it.

Do that, and you will never have problems with being overwhelmed about what to post on social media ever again..

-Mike
Super interesting / useful. Thank you for sharing. To add - you could use the likes of ChatGPT say "Tell me 10 different headlines to convey this core message" and use the output to give you ideas to then flesh out.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Super interesting / useful. Thank you for sharing. To add - you could use the likes of ChatGPT say "Tell me 10 different headlines to convey this core message" and use the output to give you ideas to then flesh out.
Absolutely and I would even say the following as well for making these ideas even MORE powerful if you feel like you want to differentiate yourself on social...

Here's something from my facebook:

"You may be thinking that the best way to crush it on social media is to model what others in your industry are doing...

But one thing is for sure.. if someone is at the top of an industry, there are a LOT of freaking people modeling them..!

And us? We're not like "a LOT of freaking people".. We do it differently.

How do you do this you may be asking?

Take things that people are doing in OTHER industries, and CREATIVELY find a way to squeeze it into your industry!
As a matter of fact, I did it with this post. Robert Dilts is a neurolinguistic programming teacher... (it was a quote from Robert dilts that had nothing to do with social media that I made relevant to social media)

He has NOTHING to do with social media..

Yet I still managed to morph this quote into something that DOES have something to do with social media..!
Take ABSTRACT ideas that no one else would think to look at.. And by the way, it doesn't even need to be things from this generation.

One of the ways you can get these abstract ideas is by opening up books from, literally, the early 1900s, and using creative thinking to apply those forgotten concepts to your social media.

Now if that doesn't ring a bell for you in terms of differentiating yourself.. I don't know what will..!"

-Mike

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@mikecarlooch -- I got your email and video, haven't had a chance to get back to you. But thanks, I did look it over.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA

again..

-

-Mike
You are 100% correct. This is why I get tired of some YouTube channels after awhile: they are too repetitive once you "get the message" and realize it is all just being rehashed.

Still, sometimes you need to be reminded of things every so often. A channel that does that for people can succeed with relatively few content ideas. Especially if it is the same thing with a different perspective (gives them an "Aha" moment like you said).

You also said Grant Cardone only has a few things he talks about. What do you think is the ideal number of things to hit the sweet spot and avoid being too repetitive but still have focus?

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
You are 100% correct. This is why I get tired of some YouTube channels after awhile: they are too repetitive once you "get the message" and realize it is all just being rehashed.

Still, sometimes you need to be reminded of things every so often. A channel that does that for people can succeed with relatively few content ideas. Especially if it is the same thing with a different perspective (gives them an "Aha" moment like you said).

You also said Grant Cardone only has a few things he talks about. What do you think is the ideal number of things to hit the sweet spot and avoid being too repetitive but still have focus?
Thanks for asking this!

Am I saying to constantly post saying the same thing over and over again.. yes kind of. Content CAN be recycled and put into a different context to be impactful in a different way than the first time it was posted.

New Gift Wrapper --> New Meaning --> New Decision (new decision could mean that the way you said it THIS time as opposed to LAST time, could give them the breakthrough they need to go and find out more about you in your bio)

And I should ALSO add that.. it could be thought of kinda like when you're choosing a niche for a business. There are Health, Wealth, and Relationships.

Imagine the big 3 that you talk about on your account are your "Health, Wealth, and Relationships"..

Within those big 3 there is an endless supply of sub-niches, which obviously in our situation here would be the things you talk about on your account (sub-topics).

How To Make Money --> How To Make Money On Amazon --> How To Make Money Selling Books On Amazon

-Mike

ericlozada

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 6, 2022

again..

-

-Mike
Very well put, going to consider this when doing my videos :)

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I just got so excited about an epiphany I just had about making videos that I HAD to share it with you guys..

If you want to 10X the amount of action viewers actually take from watching your videos, DO THE FOLLOWING:

I'm going to call this "Video-Game-Based-Video-Creation"

What most people do in their videos is they will just like tell somebody to do something. "Hey, go and do this. Go and brush your teeth this way. Go and lift weights this way. Go and get a realtor this way, right?"

But what's NOT popular is the following. Think about a video game. Like if you played a video game on an Xbox, for example..

There is always experience points.
There are always objectives and checkpoints and things to do that lead to a certain outcome.

Why do you think video games are so addictive? Because of that!

What makes you think that you can't take your videos and do the exact same thing? Because when you do that, you're putting somebody's ego on the line, you're giving them a desired outcome and the exact steps.

You're giving them a challenge. You have to challenge people, give them an exact set of steps to do.. and tell them exactly what they're going to get from taking those actions.

And that makes it so that the only excuse for not doing the thing that you're talking about is them not doing the challenge that you laid out for them on a silver platter.

And if it doesn't work, then it's on you, right? It's not on them. And if you have a good enough solution, then you can give these people actual results.

And what happens when you get people's actual results? They see YOU as the guy/girl for what you are talking about, and they won't listen to anybody else except for you.

So if you can structure your videos as challenges as opposed to just telling people what to do, they will be a hundred times more effective.

-Mike

ericlozada

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 6, 2022
So if you can structure your videos as challenges as opposed to just telling people what to do, they will be a hundred times more effective.
I just got so excited about an epiphany I just had about making videos that I HAD to share it with you guys..

If you want to 10X the amount of action viewers actually take from watching your videos, DO THE FOLLOWING:

I'm going to call this "Video-Game-Based-Video-Creation"

What most people do in their videos is they will just like tell somebody to do something. "Hey, go and do this. Go and brush your teeth this way. Go and lift weights this way. Go and get a realtor this way, right?"

But what's NOT popular is the following. Think about a video game. Like if you played a video game on an Xbox, for example..

There is always experience points.
There are always objectives and checkpoints and things to do that lead to a certain outcome.

Why do you think video games are so addictive? Because of that!

What makes you think that you can't take your videos and do the exact same thing? Because when you do that, you're putting somebody's ego on the line, you're giving them a desired outcome and the exact steps.

You're giving them a challenge. You have to challenge people, give them an exact set of steps to do.. and tell them exactly what they're going to get from taking those actions.

And that makes it so that the only excuse for not doing the thing that you're talking about is them not doing the challenge that you laid out for them on a silver platter.

And if it doesn't work, then it's on you, right? It's not on them. And if you have a good enough solution, then you can give these people actual results.

And what happens when you get people's actual results? They see YOU as the guy/girl for what you are talking about, and they won't listen to anybody else except for you.

-Mike
Makes Sense! What’s a good way to structure videos as challenges? And some good examples?

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Makes Sense! What’s a good way to structure videos as challenges? And some good examples?
When you wrote this I didn't have a complete answer as this was just a concept I happened to stumble upon as I was thinking about a game called Grand Theft Auto 5, and saw how it could be applied to videos. I spent a DEEP thought session on this, creating a framework that I think is totally killer. I'll message it to you when it's done so you can use it

ericlozada

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 6, 2022
When you wrote this I didn't have a complete answer as this was just a concept I happened to stumble upon as I was thinking about a game called Grand Theft Auto 5, and saw how it could be applied to videos. I spent a DEEP thought session on this, creating a framework that I think is totally killer. I'll message it to you when it's done so you can use it
Ahh understood, I appreciate you my friend !

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia

again..

-

-Mike
Hi Mike, good post, I call this the Robert Kyosaki approach, he's been doing this since the late nineties and it works for him though with him it's his endless books that are reconstituted garbage.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hi Mike, good post, I call this the Robert Kyosaki approach, he's been doing this since the late nineties and it works for him though with him it's his endless books that are reconstituted garbage.
YUP!

He's another example.. THEY ALL DO IT.

But lo-and-behold..... it works

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
611%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
Sweet, I'm on the Content Creation business and this is a really fresh concept!

So you're talking about the "Educational Version" of Youtube Series/Challenges (like the image below). Am I right?

Screenshot (740).png

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Sweet, I'm on the Content Creation business and this is a really fresh concept!

So you're talking about the "Educational Version" of Youtube Series/Challenges (like the image below). Am I right?

View attachment 47554
Not necessarily, however interesting how well those do nonetheless!

I'm talking about more informational content with true value inside of it - whether business, fitness, etc.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Today I come to you with ANOTHER powerful social media strategy that can give you a TOTAL BREAKTHROUGH!

Can we all agree that people with MILLIONS of followers on social media are treated like these end-all-be-alls of what to post on social media..?

Every single time they spark up a new trend, thousands of people start doing the same exact thing (kinda like sheep in a herd)

Am I saying to DISREGARD what they are doing? No, give it a shot and see if it works for you!

HOWEVER.. If you're an abstract thinker that likes to go against the crowd.. We think about it a little differently.

What types of videos are everyone NOT DOING.. That USED to be hot..? It USED to be a trend, but since the big dogs have stopped doing it, the masses gravitated AWAY from those strategies..

Luckily for us, this information is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE!

1. Go to ANY massive influencer that has been posting on social media thousands of times over for years on end...

2. Scroll down their page to like 2015-2018

3. Take note of EVERYTHING they were doing back then... What were their captions like? What did their videos look like? How were they selling? How is it DIFFERENT than what is happening today? What headlines were they using?

4. Take the OLD, and make it NEW again..

Can you be 100% certain that this will work? no.. But WHAT IF IT DOES? What if you uncover something from the past that no one is currently focusing on that causes a breakthrough on social media..?

Take that and blow a bubble with it.. and let me know what you come up with!

-Mike

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Howdy! I'm back with a new BREAKTHROUGH Social Media insight... Excited yet..?

What I want to talk about is a strategy that, massive personalities on social media use with millions and millions of followers..

Or people that are just super successful and get a lot of leads from social media even if they are not massive on social media (it's not bad to be small on social media, it's actually an advantage)

However this strategy is extremely sneaky and important and I think that if you take it and adapt it it can be really helpful to you in your business

So there are two parts to this..

The first thing is linking a value to what you're talking about before you say it..

If you think about everything that you've ever learned there's always been some type of investment in order to learn that valuable thing..

And it doesn't just have to be money... it can also be time... did it take you four years to get a medical degree? (just an example)

Did you spend a hundred thousand dollars on information products in order to learn what you are teaching in this video?

Did you read 500 different books in order to learn what you are teaching about? Example: I heard this in a Tony Robbins personal power tape. He used this strategy to build credibility with his audience.

He said "Hey, I have read 700 books on psychology" and I was like "Woah I don't know anybody else on the internet that has read 700 books on psychology!" ( besides @Kung Fu Steve ).. "Therefore this guy must know a lot of stuff"

It can be all of those COMBINED.. Think about that, that's even more powerful

And think about this - When you go to give away something for free after establishing that type of credibility and telling the viewer why it's so important that they understand this and what it took for you to understand the information that you are giving them now..

You can now link that value to whatever it is you want them to do or download or buy after they finish watching your video when you give them a call to action.

Meanwhile if you don't do that and try to give them something away for free, they don't understand that there's any value in it..

They're just like, "Ok.. this is just another PDF or this is just another bad product that is cliche and doesn't have any value."

But if you do what I just said, it now has value.

And now the second part of this is even sneakier.

You'll see a lot of big personalities using MASSIVE numbers when they're speaking.

They will find ways to describe big numbers while they are talking..

Like for example, they will say, "Oh, this guy made $10 billion doing this. You know, we can make a billion dollars.. You know, think about the math on this. If you did this, you can make $30 million."

And then what they do with those numbers is they are anchoring people in the video so that when they make their offer at the end for a free thing or something that costs $2000 compared to Elon Musk's $200 billion net worth..

All of a sudden that $2,000 or that free thing that you're trying to give away becomes insignificant compared to the numbers that they've been saying in the video the whole time because they've said like two billion dollars or three billion dollars or ten billion dollars like ten times and now people are like focused on that massive number.

And I'm not just making this stuff up. Go to any of Grant Cardone's videos and you will notice that he starts using these massive numbers. But he sells products for much less.

He sells products for like $200 and stuff like that - and it seems cheap.

So if you can take that and incorporate it into your language, in your videos, that could be really helpful.

Hope that was helpful and an interesting insight..

Have a good one!

-Mike

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

again..

-

-Mike
This is the type of post I came back here for

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Agreed.

One important note however: engagement =! sales.

If the monetization comes from ad-views, then yes I go for maximizing views with whatever technique serves to draw randos: big numbers, OMG thumbnails, etc.

But if you're trying to make sales then your content strategy needs to be more strategic.

Growing follower count and chasing likes imo does not help when it comes to making sales. It could even be counterintuitive if you grow a follower base that came for cheap thrills, and now does not convert to a sale.

I'm no social media guru though so this is just my two cents from how I see the digital landscape.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Agreed.

One important note however: engagement =! sales.

If the monetization comes from ad-views, then yes I go for maximizing views with whatever technique serves to draw randos: big numbers, OMG thumbnails, etc.

But if you're trying to make sales then your content strategy needs to be more strategic.

Growing follower count and chasing likes imo does not help when it comes to making sales. It could even be counterintuitive if you grow a follower base that came for cheap thrills, and now does not convert to a sale.

I'm no social media guru though so this is just my two cents from how I see the digital landscape.
Likes + Followers + Views are useless! 100% Agree with you! @Kung Fu Steve has an AMAZING post on this in INSIDERS

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
How To Play Chess On Social Media Rather Than Checkers

There are a lot of big people on social media that people have become allergic to simply because they get no actionable advice from them. It's just a bunch of generic advice that helps nobody.

So if you can be the opposite of you can be the contrarian to that, then you can really have a lot of success on social media.

There are two things that make up this concept..

The first thing that you're going to notice on social media when you go to all of the people in your market that have like millions and millions of followers is..

The advice that they give is usually going to be extremely generic and broad.

You might be thinking, "Well, Mike, that's what's working, isn't it? So maybe I should do that too"..

But that's what everybody else in your market is thinking, and for every person that has like a million followers on social media who is copying everybody else, there is another person who is posting every single day not seeing any traction whatsoever, not differentiating themselves at all on social media, creating a commodity of an account for themselves, meaning they're not getting anywhere with it in their business, and it's basically just a huge waste of time.

And we don't want that, obviously.

So what we can do..?

First of all, what these people are posting, usually it's not actionable.

So what we can do is, for example, if somebody says on social media, be happy, like, you know, if you watch Gary Vee a lot... He says "be happy, be happy, be happy"

And then there are a million other people that say "be happy, be happy, be happy".

They don't give any actionable advice whatsoever..

So what if you took that "be happy" and instead of saying, be happy on your account, you actually put together a series of five steps that somebody can actually take that will change them to a better state of mind to be happier and be more productive in business..? THAT IS VALUABLE... Right?..

It's not just saying "be happy"... That is the most generic and ridiculous advice ever..

There are a ton of them like that. Like money likes speed. What does that even mean? There's no actionable advice behind "money like speed". Like yes, I understand the concept..

But what do I do with that information?

The second thing that you can do is go to these people's pages, look at what they're posting, and instead of posting what they're posting, think about this...

What is the opposite of what they're talking about? Is it just as powerful or even more powerful than what they're talking about? And can I Make it into an actionable series of steps?

Like for example, I'm in social media. I do not agree that views matter at all.

But most people that you see on social media, they're going to say views are a miracle from the heavens.. And "here's how you get a million views" and stuff like that. So what I'm going to do is I'm going to go and say the opposite of that views do not matter.

You know what does matter? Actually building a loyal collection of followers and fans and clients on social media. That's what matters..

So go and do it differently. Like I know people on social media who are so successful and their advice is so amazing.. But they make content that is just like everybody else.. Mediocrity is a smokescreen to your real value on social media that only a few will bypass..

-Mike

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022
Howdy! I'm back with a new BREAKTHROUGH Social Media insight... Excited yet..?

What I want to talk about is a strategy that, massive personalities on social media use with millions and millions of followers..

Or people that are just super successful and get a lot of leads from social media even if they are not massive on social media (it's not bad to be small on social media, it's actually an advantage)

However this strategy is extremely sneaky and important and I think that if you take it and adapt it it can be really helpful to you in your business

So there are two parts to this..

The first thing is linking a value to what you're talking about before you say it..

If you think about everything that you've ever learned there's always been some type of investment in order to learn that valuable thing..

And it doesn't just have to be money... it can also be time... did it take you four years to get a medical degree? (just an example)

Did you spend a hundred thousand dollars on information products in order to learn what you are teaching in this video?

Did you read 500 different books in order to learn what you are teaching about? Example: I heard this in a Tony Robbins personal power tape. He used this strategy to build credibility with his audience.

He said "Hey, I have read 700 books on psychology" and I was like "Woah I don't know anybody else on the internet that has read 700 books on psychology!" ( besides @Kung Fu Steve ).. "Therefore this guy must know a lot of stuff"

It can be all of those COMBINED.. Think about that, that's even more powerful

And think about this - When you go to give away something for free after establishing that type of credibility and telling the viewer why it's so important that they understand this and what it took for you to understand the information that you are giving them now..

You can now link that value to whatever it is you want them to do or download or buy after they finish watching your video when you give them a call to action.

Meanwhile if you don't do that and try to give them something away for free, they don't understand that there's any value in it..

They're just like, "Ok.. this is just another PDF or this is just another bad product that is cliche and doesn't have any value."

But if you do what I just said, it now has value.

And now the second part of this is even sneakier.

You'll see a lot of big personalities using MASSIVE numbers when they're speaking.

They will find ways to describe big numbers while they are talking..

Like for example, they will say, "Oh, this guy made $10 billion doing this. You know, we can make a billion dollars.. You know, think about the math on this. If you did this, you can make $30 million."

And then what they do with those numbers is they are anchoring people in the video so that when they make their offer at the end for a free thing or something that costs $2000 compared to Elon Musk's $200 billion net worth..

All of a sudden that $2,000 or that free thing that you're trying to give away becomes insignificant compared to the numbers that they've been saying in the video the whole time because they've said like two billion dollars or three billion dollars or ten billion dollars like ten times and now people are like focused on that massive number.

And I'm not just making this stuff up. Go to any of Grant Cardone's videos and you will notice that he starts using these massive numbers. But he sells products for much less.

He sells products for like $200 and stuff like that - and it seems cheap.

So if you can take that and incorporate it into your language, in your videos, that could be really helpful.

Hope that was helpful and an interesting insight..

Have a good one!

-Mike
Nice strategy. The thing is that I would not like to lie about the fact that I read 100 books on x topic. So I would say that only if it was the truth. I like to win in life but not by cheating and deceiving, even though the chances of getting caught are minimal.

ericlozada

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 6, 2022
How To Play Chess On Social Media Rather Than Checkers

There are a lot of big people on social media that people have become allergic to simply because they get no actionable advice from them. It's just a bunch of generic advice that helps nobody.

So if you can be the opposite of you can be the contrarian to that, then you can really have a lot of success on social media.

There are two things that make up this concept..

The first thing that you're going to notice on social media when you go to all of the people in your market that have like millions and millions of followers is..

The advice that they give is usually going to be extremely generic and broad.

You might be thinking, "Well, Mike, that's what's working, isn't it? So maybe I should do that too"..

But that's what everybody else in your market is thinking, and for every person that has like a million followers on social media who is copying everybody else, there is another person who is posting every single day not seeing any traction whatsoever, not differentiating themselves at all on social media, creating a commodity of an account for themselves, meaning they're not getting anywhere with it in their business, and it's basically just a huge waste of time.

And we don't want that, obviously.

So what we can do..?

First of all, what these people are posting, usually it's not actionable.

So what we can do is, for example, if somebody says on social media, be happy, like, you know, if you watch Gary Vee a lot... He says "be happy, be happy, be happy"

And then there are a million other people that say "be happy, be happy, be happy".

They don't give any actionable advice whatsoever..

So what if you took that "be happy" and instead of saying, be happy on your account, you actually put together a series of five steps that somebody can actually take that will change them to a better state of mind to be happier and be more productive in business..? THAT IS VALUABLE... Right?..

It's not just saying "be happy"... That is the most generic and ridiculous advice ever..

There are a ton of them like that. Like money likes speed. What does that even mean? There's no actionable advice behind "money like speed". Like yes, I understand the concept..

But what do I do with that information?

The second thing that you can do is go to these people's pages, look at what they're posting, and instead of posting what they're posting, think about this...

What is the opposite of what they're talking about? Is it just as powerful or even more powerful than what they're talking about? And can I Make it into an actionable series of steps?

Like for example, I'm in social media. I do not agree that views matter at all.

But most people that you see on social media, they're going to say views are a miracle from the heavens.. And "here's how you get a million views" and stuff like that. So what I'm going to do is I'm going to go and say the opposite of that views do not matter.

You know what does matter? Actually building a loyal collection of followers and fans and clients on social media. That's what matters..

So go and do it differently. Like I know people on social media who are so successful and their advice is so amazing.. But they make content that is just like everybody else.. Mediocrity is a smokescreen to your real value on social media that only a few will bypass..

-Mike
Very well said Mike!

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
this thread resonates with this

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts