The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Google-proofing" my e-commerce business

Marketing, social media, advertising

RP93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 25, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have a growingly successful clothing e-commerce business.

I mainly advertise via Instagram ads, however one common question I get when people come across my ad is in relation to trustworthiness.

Since so many scammy-looking ads are constantly floating around Instagram & FB, especially within the clothing industry, people are skeptical when they come across my ads, even though the content of my ad gets great responses and clickthroughs.

People send me IG messages after coming across my ads saying 'how do i know i can trust you etc' and most importantly 'i can't find any reviews on your company' - these all in spite of the fact i have 15k+ IG followers, https:// Shopify store, trust symbols etc constantly throughout my site etc etc ., it seems that all people want are online reviews.

Is there a way to do this without manually collecting reviews from customers etc.? For example, I know pretty much every brick & mortar business uses Google Business Reviews in Maps to get their friends to write reviews for them so they get 5* etc.

TLDR: I'm wondering if there are good resources / tools to boost your Google-proofability for e-commerce products, basically.

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You need social proof...

- Real phone number and address
- Some sort of rating system and/or reviews
- About us page
- Good payment system and refund guarantee
- Use real reviews and/or orders as pics and post them on your page "Big order heading out to Jimmy at @hisuername" < link to real account

RP93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 25, 2013
You need social proof...

- Real phone number and address
- Some sort of rating system and/or reviews
- About us page
- Good payment system and refund guarantee
- Use real reviews and/or orders as pics and post them on your page "Big order heading out to Jimmy at @hisuername" < link to real account

Have all of those besides the 'some sort of rating system and/or reviews', which is what I'm asking about.

When people see my ad, they go straight to Google and type in '_______ reviews', I know this because when I type in the first name of my brand into Google, the first suggestion that comes up is '______ reviews' , basically meaning I need some sort of website or SEO tool which allows you to enter reviews like Google My Business does for brick & mortar stores

RP93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 25, 2013
May you link to your store via PM?
I won't assume, since I don't know how your store looks like.

I'd rather not, sorry. Not because I'm afraid of people stealing my idea etc., just that I don't want a backlink that could possibly be traced back to this thread.

Once again, my issue is not with the website. The question people are asking is usually before they even click on my website. If you Google a brand, you want to see things in Google underneath the brands website, whereas in my case it is just my social media pages and my Limited Company information pages on Google (UK company info is made public on Google). I'd rather things like that be pushed down my results ranks, and things like a strongly powered SEO backlink page talking about my brand and what we offer etc alongside my site and social pages in Google.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I'd rather not, sorry. Not because I'm afraid of people stealing my idea etc., just that I don't want a backlink that could possibly be traced back to this thread.

Once again, my issue is not with the website. The question people are asking is usually before they even click on my website. If you Google a brand, you want to see things in Google underneath the brands website, whereas in my case it is just my social media pages and my Limited Company information pages on Google (UK company info is made public on Google). I'd rather things like that be pushed down my results ranks, and things like a strongly powered SEO backlink page talking about my brand and what we offer etc alongside my site and social pages in Google.
Private messages don't backlink.

You seem confused.
People who are concerned about your trustworthiness before they even open your website - will open it after they shoot you a direct message, anyways. If they see a questionable-looking website with cheap design, they won't buy from you, no matter what they read on web. They will assume that you write all reviews on all websites with fake accounts yourself, even if accounts have solid stats. This kind of people buys only under two scenarios: P.O.D. or when your business looks solid.
Solid brands don't respond to this kind of questions, neither have a P.O.D. option.

Regarding your initial concern, google for "Farfetch" and analyze things yourself, we have had a lot of people being concerned with product authenticity, shipping, returning defective items and customer support - improving user experience at website partially resolved issues.
You can also participate in discussions on review platforms, ask and inspire people to leave a review on one of these platforms after they receive your products. There is nothing you can do short-term.

Hope this will be helpful for people who face a similar problem, but without looking into your business it's impossible to suggest much.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.