The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good stuff to buy in bulk to resell ?

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
What is good stuff to buy in bulk to resell, Whats something good that doesnt require to much capital to keep making money ? Other than work, I quit my job two months ago :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Had good luck doing that with wheat pennies on Ebay.

Bought in lots of say 40,000 or more then resold in smaller lots of 200, 500 or 1000

Believe it or not you can fit 1000 pennies in a flat rate USPS envelope and send it for around $4.

If you keep recycling your profits and use a bid sniper account you can make a few bucks.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Alibaba.com would be a good resource.
I'm not sure what others would recommend

Edited-
Check out craigslist or your local classifieds. Buy low, sell high. DO YOUR DUE DILLIGENCE. Don't look at what people are asking for but what people are paying for.

D

DeletedUser2

there is an entire secondary market in almost anything. first off, can you reach your audience?
BiG lots, and overbid.com are excellent examples of bulk buying and arbitrage to a smaller more retail market.

the real question is, what markets can you reach efficiency and then see what those markets want, THEN go on the hunt for bulk.

I have a neighbor who bought and sold containers of "seconds" shoes from china and shipped to S. Korea. made alot of money buying 2-3 containers a month and shipping them. he also never even had to use email. it was all done via fax (even 2 yrs ago) because of some the the markets were just not computer types.

amazing but he made a mint for years doing nothing but that.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Had good luck doing that with wheat pennies on Ebay.

Bought in lots of say 40,000 or more then resold in smaller lots of 200, 500 or 1000

Believe it or not you can fit 1000 pennies in a flat rate USPS envelope and send it for around $4.

If you keep recycling your profits and use a bid sniper account you can make a few bucks.

Keep your eyes out for the rare ones, some are worth lots of $$ Lincoln Wheat Penny Values - Coin Values for Lincoln Wheat Pennies

Idea: Someone should develop software that reads the face of wheat pennies and scans for the high value ones on a conveyor belt, could go thorough several hundred thousand and probably make a little bit of cash :D Any software developers up to it? ;)

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
First of all I'm glad I quit my job, second I'm trying to figure out another way to keep stacking my money. For later on when I have more I will keep investing it, and keep building wealth

Don Jesse

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 24, 2012
I sold Sunglasses for a while. Good money if you know where to sell.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Lord if you could figure out a way to refill (or buy wholesale) and sell laser printer cartridges cheaper than cartridge world or any other brick and mortar store you would probably do ok for yourself especially if you offer great packages on more than one color. Case and point just last week I got so frustrated at my office Dell all in one 3115cn because a couple of colors ran out and the entire machine quit which means I couldn't fax, copy or anything even in Black and white. I bought this machine without knowing that Dell wants to be this "buy directly from us company" when it comes to the laser stuff. Staples carries a small selection but not the kind I needed. I got so frustrated by not being able to find the cartridges (and I was pretty desperate) I went and purchased a Cannon laser machine. The cartridges cost the same (about $130 bucks a piece) but it's worth the convenience of being able to find them when I need them. But from time to time I find a deal too good to pass up online and buy extra cartridges just to have around and I know I can't be the only one. BUsinesses love to know or think they are saving money especially on things that we feel are way overpriced like printer cartridges. I don't know about the others on here but when I find a great deal on something like laser cartridges I don't hesitate because it makes me feel like I beat a monopolized system, even if only for a moment. I am sure this could apply to other office products as well.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
Make a list of products you use on a daily basis. Then buy those types of products in bulk and come up with a model to sell it cheaper and make it easier for the customer to obtain said products.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Does anyone know if a single person can order in bulk or if you have to be an established business to buy in bulk from chinese manufacturers such as Alibaba.com?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Barry,

I have purchased from companies on Alibaba. I have never been asked if I actually had a company.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Barry,

I have purchased from companies on Alibaba. I have never been asked if I actually had a company.

Patrick,

When making inquires to a manufacturer about products it asks for a company name and there is an * there so it cannot be left out. . . I don't know if this can be bypassed, How did you make your order?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Barry,

That is not an order. When you fill that info out you are just sending a message to the manufacturer.

Think about it, why would a manufacturer in the China care if you are a company or not. They want money and they want to sell you their items. If you have money they have no concern if you are a you or you are a company in my experience.

They have different laws and have no idea what the laws or requirements are in your company.

If it were me and you have not formed a company just put your last name in where it says Company name.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Thanks, so how do you make an order? After you've contacted the manufacturer?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
The manufacturer will tell you.

Alibaba is only just a list of companies.

You message the company then talk to them and ask what you want to know.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I'd approach businesses and offer to list their obsolete inventory and split the proceeds. Work off their inventory. You wouldn't believe the stuff sitting on shelves that people could turn to money if they were prompted and someone else did the listing.

Hurdlerwayne

Man without vision shall perish!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 13, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I sold Sunglasses for a while. Good money if you know where to sell.

I have been looking into popular sunglasses. I saw a legit flippa listing once of a guy who sold generic styles of sunglasses and would make on average $3000 a month. I need to PM you ans ask more about this.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wayne... that poster is long gone. Only posted here for a day or two. You can always look at that by clicking on the posters name and seeing their recent forum posts.

D

Deleted17383

I recently decided to start selling marketing services as wholesale. That might be a bit more fun as the profit per sale is much higher.

For instance can you resell our public relation product "guaranteed media coverage each month" for $4000 a month. When you buy in bulk I can get you them at $2600 per month.

20 customers and you have a nice basis income each month.

ttoke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 10, 2013
Would You recommend to sell "mainstream" stuff like priter cartridges, or try to find a small niche and concentrate on that? I just read about 1/6 sized furniture, which collectors are more than happy to buy. I bet the margins are a lot bigger selling niche goods. What do You think?

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Study those entrepreneurs who are already doing it. Take a look at dropbottle, tell me what you see? Now take a look at taylorboardshort, tell me what you see?

All the products are the same, yet they offer various colors. They also have a unique brand built behind them and their marketing push revolves around a certain purpose.

They don't reinvent the wheel. They just take a product that is already out there, tweak it just enough and market it around a market or to serve a specific purpose.

Just study them and find a product that you can do the same with.

BTW - This is a huge lesson. You're welcome!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.