The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let's Flip Stuff for Fun and Profit!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I was late to bid in the pallet auction this morning. Apparently my brain didn't fully process the remaining time because the auctions ended before I checked the site. On a bright note, the site shows the final bid for items, which helped give an idea of what to expect from different kinds of lots.

Items that were clear winners were bid up much higher than pallets that had a lot of unknowns, especially when those unknowns are large and not easily movable. Like these metal stairs (2 stair cases plus 6 rolls of plastic wrap) for $25. Probably one of those plastic wrap rolls is worth $25.

1711047901183.png

Here's a metal staircase on ebay that sold within the last 24 hours.

1711047815690.png

Anyway, I ended up selling 3 knives for a total of $140. Shipped them out yesterday. I've got a watcher on a $70 necklace that I picked up for $14 at an estate sale.

Took a chance on a couple of items at the landfill thrift store today. They had a bin of free stuff, so I grabbed a couple items out of it too. One is a college text that sells for $20 - $40 (pretty good considering I got it free).

There's another pallet auction place a bit closer to me. Their auctions end on a different day of the week, so I'm keeping an eye on both places now.

Looks like the average ending bid prices were between $200 and $500 with some outliers that were much lower or much higher.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 4, 2019
I could see this being really fun. I sold a bunch of "junk" a few years ago when my grandfather died and it can be surprising what things people find valuable.

He had an old school print shop with manual printing presses and had boxes of old lead slugs (strips). Apparently there is a community that likes to melt these down and mold their own bullets.

I ended up selling hundreds of pounds of this stuff on eBay. I was packing flat rate boxes with perfect efficiency, and the workers at the post office hated me haha.

You never know what random things you might come across that could sell easily if you do some quick research.

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 8, 2023
Haven’t started looking again yet as been busy trying to slowly shut down my last biz. Headwrecking having so much stock and wanting it all sold asap!

Going to download temu when home and see about those easy flips you recommended lex. Something like that within my price range and online would work well

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Going to download temu when home and see about those easy flips you recommended lex. Something like that within my price range and online would work well

I 100% did not say flipping stuff from Temu will be easy.

I said it could be a source of low-cost inventory online.

Haven’t started looking again yet as been busy trying to slowly shut down my last biz. Headwrecking having so much stock and wanting it all sold asap!

Even if you buy low-cost inventory from Temu...you still have to sell it.

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 8, 2023
I 100% did not say flipping stuff from Temu will be easy.

I said it could be a source of low-cost inventory online.

Even if you buy low-cost inventory from Temu...you still have to sell it.

True true, well going to check it out as a source anyway. Never used it before but know what it is

403burnout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jan 8, 2024
True true, well going to check it out as a source anyway. Never used it before but know what it is
In my experience Temu is just a marked-up, more normie-friendly version of Aliexpress.

And Aliexpress is just a marked-up B2C version of Alibaba that lets you purchase things in smaller quantities.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Another trend I've seen with sites like Aliexpress/Temu, etc. from watching Flippa businesses for sale:

If you can make a rock solid long form one page sale site even if the product is all over ebay/Amazon it seems to be a viable seasonal business around the end of the year with the holidays that traditionally give out gifts. Basically the one product "gift idea" type ad catches the eye for people who have been trying to figure out a gift. Typically you find these sites for sale right after the peak season as they don't want to wait a year and want to sell while the numbers look good in Stripe still but there doesn't seem to be much to it.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOL, I sold one item and in 1 day got immensely irritated. Apparently this is just normal morons being morons because they need to click click click...

1711294443216.png
1711294513448.png

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
LOL, I sold one item and in 1 day got immensely irritated. Apparently this is just normal morons being morons because they need to click click click...

View attachment 54948
View attachment 54949

If this was my app, and I was dependent on investors, and educated from a remarkable university, I would still value the buyer and happily provide him the "is it still available" option!

But I am not!

Nor am I in the West!

So I can only imagine why it is so hard to understand ----> customer is where the market is!

Vise Versa is possible after burning millions of dollars ... in customer(buyer) acquisition in the seller-deprived market!

Nav94

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 7, 2020
Flipped a lot of Microwaves, Most of the time people just want to get rid of microwaves that don't work (I mean everyone needs a hot food every time you want to eat) So I get a microwave that doesn't work and all they need is a small fuse (90% of the case) Now you can sell it for $100-$120 .

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
Flipped a lot of Microwaves, Most of the time people just want to get rid of microwaves that don't work (I mean everyone needs a hot food every time you want to eat) So I get a microwave that doesn't work and all they need is a small fuse (90% of the case) Now you can sell it for $100-$120 .

been there, done that during college days! Most of the time the microwaves required a cord change! LOL!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
A few wins to start the week.

Sold a baseball bat (made about $7 on it). Sold a Craftsman battery charger with no battery that I got for free for $20. Currently pending pickup on a ring for $29. The ring cost $1 and all 25 pieces of jewelry that I bought that day cost around $26 total. I sold a bracelet from that set that was $1.5 for $8 on eBay, so assuming the ring picks up, anything that sells after that will be all profit.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
For March I earned a total of $341 flipping items.

Still have a lot of inventory out there. Still getting almost daily interest. The most surprising item I've listed is this old hammer.

433205315_1171824257320520_159714794864075074_n.jpg

I spent $0 on it. I found it by running over it with my lawn mower at my old house. Listed it for $10. One person offered $15 if I would hold it until morning, but he didn't show. Now it's pending pickup for $10 again this morning.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
For March I earned a total of $341 flipping items.

Still have a lot of inventory out there. Still getting almost daily interest. The most surprising item I've listed is this old hammer.

433205315_1171824257320520_159714794864075074_n.jpg

I spent $0 on it. I found it by running over it with my lawn mower at my old house. Listed it for $10. One person offered $15 if I would hold it until morning, but he didn't show. Now it's pending pickup for $10 again this morning.
The laugh reaction is the hammer story - that's great!

So is March the first official month in the books? Off to a great start I'd say. Each person who bought something got value from what you did.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The laugh reaction is the hammer story - that's great!

So is March the first official month in the books? Off to a great start I'd say. Each person who bought something got value from what you did.
Yeah, not bad for the first month. The most time-consuming part is getting stuff listed. Once it's out there, I mostly forget about it until I get a message. I haven't decreased the price on anything. Seems like things eventually sell if they're out there for a while. I could probably improve these results quite a bit if I spent more time listing items, and also listing them in multiple places. Most of my focus has been on Facebook Marketplace with a few items listed on ebay.

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 9, 2020
Local business makes water boilers. Not all bottom parts come out of press in perfect specs for futher production. So I buy the scrapped ones, weld them up and sell locally. They are more expensive as your usual market quality ones, but are made from 3mm sheets of steel, super heavy duty and I give 5 years warranty. So far about 20 sold at 50 dollars profit a piece, no advertising used, just word of mouth.Screenshot_20240404_110004_Messenger.jpg

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 8, 2023
Hey, in honesty I haven’t taken action.

Over this weekend I’m very busy but going to look for quick selling flips that I could make a little profit from. My money situation is dire, everything I have I shill out for driving lessons. I’ve been avoiding this too much but having taken a step back, realised flipping is a potential really good way to bolster short term income.

Grappling a lot lately with shutting down my old biz, I can’t sell the stock so have been trying to put out deals. It sucks because I want to sell it all asap and get it over with so my focus can shift.

When I make a purchase or any progress flipping related I’ll log here.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
8F1DD716-D217-475D-8ED3-F33392F99EB2.jpeg

Saw these Levi’s jeans on sale for $10 at Nordstrom Rack. I thought of this thread when I saw them. Someone can easily turn around and flip them for 2-3X the price. At Macy’s next door the same Jean retails for $59.99.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
View attachment 55204

Saw these Levi’s jeans on sale for $10 at Nordstrom Rack. I thought of this thread when I saw them. Someone can easily turn around and flip them for 2-3X the price. At Macy’s next door the same Jean retails for $59.99.
Flipping clothes can be hard. I think that colour still hangs there for a reason.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Final update because I'm being told I'm spending too much time with this :-(. I went on a 3 day flip trip.

The 40k deal on the VR-4 fell through. I messed up information on the title and the guy didn't want to wait. Whoops. Anyway, it ended up selling to someone else for 52k. I immediately ditched everything I was doing, and started car shopping.

Turns out, specialty/collectible cars are easy money if you have capital. "Cash is king" is still the mantra. Idk, I had fun.

Pick-ups:

* 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
* 2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10
* 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo
* 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

This is about where I may or may not have realized my state has a lot of laws regarding car sales, and I immediately stopped doing what I may (or may not) have been doing... Whoops x2.

I'm back to my TCG company, hah. I definitely think I've found what I'll be doing post-retirement, though.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
By the way, if anyone has a bit of money to spare, and doesn't mind sitting on something for a while (read: probably ~10 years or so), buy yourself low mileage Chrysler Crossfires.

You can buy "special editions" with sub 20k miles for 7k-12k. Given the bang for their buck, reliability, etc., I have no doubt they'll be the next gen of cheap/collectible/sport cars.

~12k today can easily be 40k+ in 5-10 years.

Cheers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.