The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Going fastlane in Legal (Lawsuits & more)?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Is legal a valid fastlane?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Okay all the paperwork is done. The defendant has now one week to accept the offer, otherwise we will file with the court. What happened is that the value of the claim increased 10x so there is quite a bit of cash to float. One option to deal with it is to add financing company, however they are only interested in cases of six figures upwards so I have to hunt bigger cases. Anyway it was good to start small, already learned so much. Always take action before you're ready.

My long term idea is to build an "dream team" of lawyers and other relevant professions. The value proposition to the legal team is a steady deal flow of well-paid work and the value proposition to the client is a first-class legal team which can act way quicker than the average lawyer, specialization and trust.

Another option would be to just forward the cases to lawyers and charge a fee. Just like MJ did with limos.com. This is perfectly legal in my jurisdiction and there is without question demand on both sides of the market. This could be combined with legal tech, to provide additional value for both parties.

Would love to connect with others here, perhaps we can help bringing your product to a new market.
What sort of claim and how did it suddenly 10x
Okay all the paperwork is done. The defendant has now one week to accept the offer, otherwise we will file with the court. What happened is that the value of the claim increased 10x so there is quite a bit of cash to float. One option to deal with it is to add financing company, however they are only interested in cases of six figures upwards so I have to hunt bigger cases. Anyway it was good to start small, already learned so much. Always take action before you're ready.

My long term idea is to build an "dream team" of lawyers and other relevant professions. The value proposition to the legal team is a steady deal flow of well-paid work and the value proposition to the client is a first-class legal team which can act way quicker than the average lawyer, specialization and trust.

Another option would be to just forward the cases to lawyers and charge a fee. Just like MJ did with limos.com. This is perfectly legal in my jurisdiction and there is without question demand on both sides of the market. This could be combined with legal tech, to provide additional value for both parties.

Would love to connect with others here, perhaps we can help bringing your product to a new market
what sort of Claim is this? And how on earth did it suddenly 10X ? I have never ever heard of that - suddenly -happening in a Claim.

seomatic

Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
What sort of claim and how did it suddenly 10x

what sort of Claim is this? And how on earth did it suddenly 10X ? I have never ever heard of that - suddenly -happening in a Claim.
One part is fixed and one part is performance-based. So we were able to estimate the performance based part finally.

Onakosa

I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 23, 2020
UK
One part is fixed and one part is performance-based. So we were able to estimate the performance based part finally.
How can a legal claim be performance based. What area of law is this? I’m just intrigued. You don’t need to share detail but just e.g. ‘tort based claim, public sector versus retailer’. I come from a legal background (English law) which is why - to me - much of what you say just doesn’t make sense.

seomatic

Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
How can a legal claim be performance based. What area of law is this? I’m just intrigued. You don’t need to share detail but just e.g. ‘tort based claim, public sector versus retailer’. I come from a legal background (English law) which is why - to me - much of what you say just doesn’t make sense.
It's basic commercial law. Quite common practice in Sales or C-Level positions to negotiate a performance bonus. How is UK doing? I guess lawyers are still busy with brexit-related things?

seomatic

Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Alright just a quick update: The case is filled with the court. Everything is paid for and now it's time to wait. My lawyer told me it takes usually a few months till we have a date for the hearing. Most likely there will be some written procedure prior to that.

So I'm using the time to work on my legal tech. Actually there is a lot more compliance involved than expected. I will finish the Beta version this week and then have a lawyer go through everything so we are clean and compliant before we launch. Don't want to do any mistakes regarding privacy laws.

newzzy2

New Contributor
Nov 24, 2019
Then this year I've successfully sued my employer (did it by myself without lawyer) and I noticed that they don't have any clue what they are doing and just hopping most people are lazy or stupid enough to take their BS. Unfortunately I was not interested in school/university to become a lawyer, however I've noticed that their seems to be a crazy amount of opportunities for entrepreneurs. Why become a lawyer when you can just hire them, right?

In some cases - it's better to defend your rights by yourself, especially when you already have some practice in it.

Onakosa

I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 23, 2020
UK
In some cases - it's better to defend your rights by yourself, especially when you already have some practice in it.
This is never never ever a good idea. There is a saying, 'the lawyer who defends himself, has a fool for a client'. There is a reason someone once said this.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
I made a new personal quiz system which I think is twice as good as the original... If you fill...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Yo! In 24 hours my Udemy courses go bye bye.. (for real this time) Gotta make way for...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom