- Joined
- Mar 26, 2015
- Messages
- 106
Rep Bank
$930
$930
User Power: 207%
Hello Gents,
I am completely new to starting a business online. But I have an idea for a project I would like to work on. I am here to show what my plan is and to look for a little bit of guidance, as their is still much I don't know.
The Idea:
Create a website designed to connect potential clients with independent contractors for home repairs and home projects. More specifically, I am looking for plumbers, electricians, masonists, woodworkers, handymen, etc and compiling them within the site. Each potential contractor will be screened beforehand to ensure that they are qualified and will not tarnish the name in the early stages. Clients who access the site will be able to contact local contractors for work. They can give written details and photographs that may help the contractor in knowing what he will need to do. The contractor may give a quote before the job. The site will charge a small "brokerage" fee for meeting the two together. The system will be something akin to Odesk or Elance, except (for now) restricted to a few major cities in Canada.
To Test:
I'm not sure if it will be an effective method, but my idea is to make ads in craigslist and various other online classifieds. I will make two type of ads:
1) Fake Client ads, seeking to have XX repaired, see who bites, this will give me a potential list of leads when I am looking to populate my list of contractors, also it will give me an idea what kind of supply/qualifications I will find in potential contractors.
2) Fake Contractor ads, this will allow me to judge how much supply of clientele there is and what type of problems they are encountering, this lets me know how feasible the whole idea is.
Where I'm stuck
Marketing Strategy
I'm not sure how to market this, I can figure brute force in craigslist, social media, etc is something I can do, but I don't feel like it will be enough. How do other people market a brand new concept online? Just pay google to feature it? I'm hoping to find a strategy that won't cost an extravagant amount of money.
Building a website
My knowledge of website building is pretty basic. The website I create will need to be able to take accounts, write feedback, and be a decent size. These things feel a little out of my league. I could spend my time learning to develop it from scratch, however, is it just better to outsource and have someone else do it?
I have all the energy and motivation ready, but past my test and contractor gathering, I don't know what I should do first. I guess just start constructing the site?
Hoping for someone who is experienced with this to chime in here.
Cheers!
I am completely new to starting a business online. But I have an idea for a project I would like to work on. I am here to show what my plan is and to look for a little bit of guidance, as their is still much I don't know.
The Idea:
Create a website designed to connect potential clients with independent contractors for home repairs and home projects. More specifically, I am looking for plumbers, electricians, masonists, woodworkers, handymen, etc and compiling them within the site. Each potential contractor will be screened beforehand to ensure that they are qualified and will not tarnish the name in the early stages. Clients who access the site will be able to contact local contractors for work. They can give written details and photographs that may help the contractor in knowing what he will need to do. The contractor may give a quote before the job. The site will charge a small "brokerage" fee for meeting the two together. The system will be something akin to Odesk or Elance, except (for now) restricted to a few major cities in Canada.
To Test:
I'm not sure if it will be an effective method, but my idea is to make ads in craigslist and various other online classifieds. I will make two type of ads:
1) Fake Client ads, seeking to have XX repaired, see who bites, this will give me a potential list of leads when I am looking to populate my list of contractors, also it will give me an idea what kind of supply/qualifications I will find in potential contractors.
2) Fake Contractor ads, this will allow me to judge how much supply of clientele there is and what type of problems they are encountering, this lets me know how feasible the whole idea is.
Where I'm stuck
Marketing Strategy
I'm not sure how to market this, I can figure brute force in craigslist, social media, etc is something I can do, but I don't feel like it will be enough. How do other people market a brand new concept online? Just pay google to feature it? I'm hoping to find a strategy that won't cost an extravagant amount of money.
Building a website
My knowledge of website building is pretty basic. The website I create will need to be able to take accounts, write feedback, and be a decent size. These things feel a little out of my league. I could spend my time learning to develop it from scratch, however, is it just better to outsource and have someone else do it?
I have all the energy and motivation ready, but past my test and contractor gathering, I don't know what I should do first. I guess just start constructing the site?
Hoping for someone who is experienced with this to chime in here.
Cheers!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
