The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get out of THE SCRIPT in just 1 year. Is it possible ?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
According to you,is there a possibility to complete all the process of getting out of THE SCRIPT (start a business,creating a financial system and get retired) in just 1 year ?Or is it a very short period of time ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
People who believe that getting out of the script in one year is impossible are scripted.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
According to you,is there a possibility to complete all the process of getting out of THE SCRIPT (start a business,creating a financial system and get retired) in just 1 year ?Or is it a very short period of time ?
It can be done, there are people out there who started their first company and made mid 7-8 figures in their first year. It could be you, who knows.

It depends on the person. For some, once they see some contrarian information that goes against everything that they've been taught by the external world, they make that shift instantly.

But like you said, it's a process. Everything in life is a process.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Well, it depends.
People who believe that getting out of the script in one year is impossible are scripted.

You’ve got the badges that you read the books, I understand what you’re saying but that is a bold claim.

Most people thinking that are delusional. Especially the ones that think their dropshipping store is changing the world.

Overestimating what you can do in one year is a common mistake.
Underestimating what you can do in 10 years also a mistake.

MJ gave that 10 year figure for a reason.

frenki

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 3, 2020
albania
Yes, it is!

Be ready to fail fast & hard, get embarrassed, do things you would have never done before!

Be ready to use other people time, money, knowledge.

There is nothing wrong with that, especially compensating them on a contracting basis.

Remove all your stigmas around money, getting rich using others and all of that shit, the average guy says to you.

It's a dog eats dog world, son!

frenki

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 3, 2020
albania
Yes, it is!

Be ready to fail fast & hard, get embarrassed, do things you would have never done before!

Be ready to use other people time, money, knowledge.

There is nothing wrong with that, especially compensating them on a contracting basis.

Remove all your stigmas around money, getting rich using others and all of that shit, the average guy says to you.

It's a dog eats dog world, son!
Also to get unscripted in 1 year means working faster, harder, smarter and taking huge risks (Loans, Deals, Raising Capital, Taking big projects without knowing if you can deliver)

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Well, it depends.

You’ve got the badges that you read the books, I understand what you’re saying but that is a bold claim.

Most people thinking that are delusional. Especially the ones that think their dropshipping store is changing the world.

Overestimating what you can do in one year is a common mistake.
Underestimating what you can do in 10 years also a mistake.

MJ gave that 10 year figure for a reason.

Indeed, I have read the books. And indeed, my statement is a bold claim. Most people dismiss "getting rich quickly" as a scam. Most people don't start their own CENTS business. Most people will, indeed, not get unscripted in one year. But I am not talking about "most people" in my post and especially not about dropshipping. I am talking about those who are willing to do the bold steps. Those who find the best ideas. Those who will succeed no matter what. Or as @Antifragile wrote it in a different thread:

This place is best for the damn few who want more. Who won’t take “no” for an answer. For those who have been rejected and they just smiled and marched on. Those who ask for help. Those who know how to ask for help. Those who will succeed.

Regarding MJ's selection of 10 years in his 1-5-10 Planasy I suppose that this should also represent a period of time where most of the entrepreneurs can succeed realistically. But very exceptional ideas and very exceptional execution can provide quicker unscription as well.

@MJ DeMarco: Is my assumption correct? If not, what was the actual reasoning behind selecting 1, 5 and 10 years?

What I really wanted to say is that if a person is doubting whether they can achieve unscription within 1 year, they are already living in the scripted mindset which creates, well, scripted results. In that case the chances to achieve this daring goal decrease.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Since I was tagged, I’d like to say that one year is a hard, hard goal. Possible? Maybe. But damn hard.
I prefer being pragmatic. Aggressive goals, but pragmatic.

People often overestimate how much they can accomplish in 1 year and underestimate how much they can do in 10 years.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Possible things have a higher than 0% chance/risk of happening. Ask instead what is realistic/optimal/reasonable for you. A better question would include your circumstances and asking how much time it is LIKELY to take?

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
It's possible depending how much effort and time you can put in, and how honest you are with yourself. I was already living unscripted in the casual sense, always worked for myself, naturally looked for solutions & spotted patterns to advance into opportunities, knew my own skills were more important than what my teachers taught me, felt good about being the outsider, etc.

Still, discovering TMF and Unscripted filled in the gaps in my knowledge and being honest that it needed to be applied to my life in general lead to a year or so of focus and determination unpicking my own thoughts and self-image, and utilising my skills of spotting patterns and solving problems ON MYSELF. And that was after many months of unpicking bad decisions made in fear that took me away from the true freedom I desire.

Just thought that was worth being said as we see so many people here struggling with the mindset side of things! Don't neglect your mind, you only have one.

If you have a good mindset and put in the work, this forum is proof TMF gives you the knowledge necessary to be on your way to growing a business that fulfils the CENTS commandments and helps you live an unscripted life (even within a year).

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Sure. A lot of people worked a long time to become overnight successes...

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
24 years ago, I started. 21 years ago, I quit my job. Took on a brief part time stint to learn how to do commercial real estate leasing.

Other than that, I have not worked for anyone for the entire time. Have run a few successful businesses and one failed one.

Could have probably quit my job after one year but I had a fantastic and challenging job with decent pay.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.