The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get Out Of The Idea Phase And Start Selling Something Valuable.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Mr.Maverick

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2021
Intro

Hey everyone, this is going to be my first real post in the forum.

Coming from the slow-lane, reading TMF was such an eye opener that I felt like I had to shift my mindset dramatically just to get moving. I hope this helps some of you get inspired and moving again.

Back story

I dropped out of Uni and was left with a lot of student loans and little knowledge about money.

I was broke but I learned about personal finance through my local library and eventually managed to pay off my student loans and get a decent job.

I learned about the slow lane path through books and after paying off student loans learned how to invest through the slowlane approach.

As time passed I realized that the path that I was on was going to take forever, so I decided to apply for a promotion so that I could save and invest more to “speed up” the process.

Luckily I didn’t get the promotion and shortly after that led me to searching for answers where I stumbled upon TMF .

Reading TMF was such an eye-opener. It was exactly what I needed. It was an alternative to the traditional path.

A different way of looking at the world.

I read it again and again.

Soon after I bought more business books and personal development books.

Attended a few courses and seminars.

Watched youtube videos, listened to audiobooks during my commute and podcasts during my breaks.

Book after book.

Youtube video after youtube video.

Day by day. Week by week.

MONTH BY MONTH.

Leaving the Idea Phase

Not too long after I asked myself,

“I’ve read all these books and attended all these courses. Why am I not wealthy yet? What’s separating me from being a fastlaner? Maybe I just need to read more until I figure it out ?

Then it clicked.

What’s separating me from being wealthy is money. The difference between me and a fastlaner is that “they sell something.

I wasn’t selling anything that would get me closer to freedom.

I was on the road of an idea-preneur. Consuming so much but producing so little. Action fake after action fake.

My mindset had to shift from “ What’s the next book/video/program can I consume?” to “What can I sell?”

Conclusion: If you are not selling anything and making transactions with real money it’s likely you are stuck in the idea phase, like I was. Sell something and make a transaction.

Ok so I need to sell something, but WHY WOULD A STRANGER WANT TO BUY FROM ME?

Why would anyone give me their hard earned money that they worked so hard for?

Then it clicked… It’s because they value it!

But… What is value?

I hear it all the time. MJ mentions value skews.

How can I make a valuable offer to someone that (N)eeds it and how can I market it to the right person that wants it and make A REAL sale and transaction from it? (aka leaving the idea-phase)

How can I create a business system that can repeatedly (S)cale and sell each unit and eventually devoid my (T)ime from it?

This mental shift was holding me back in the past and so I thought I would share it in hopes to get some of you here inspired and moving again in your journey towards freedom.

I hope this helps and as always all the best!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mr.Maverick

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2021
Wow, thanks for your insight, I hope to use this.

What are some of your goals?
No problem, Right now I'm looking for a mentor that I can learn from. Also want to work on my sales skills more. As much as I feel like I've developed my mindset, I would also like to develop my skills

Bohemi

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 28, 2022
Roskilde, Denmark
I really like the Way you put this into words, this state of being the dreamers instead of the producers….

thank you for sharing , im cheering for you

Mr.Maverick

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2021
I really like the Way you put this into words, this state of being the dreamers instead of the producers….

thank you for sharing , im cheering for you
Glad you liked it!

Yes I was in the dreamer phase as well. I think that's where everything starts. But the bottom line is that you need to have a transaction between buyer and seller. Without that there's really no business ( aka no sales ). That reality knocked me out of the dreamer phase.

Having a product or service that's valuable would make it easier for someone to exchange their money with you. That's when I realize I need to be more value driven rather than "me-focused." It's a hard mindset shift especially when you're coming from the slow-lane

Last edited:

Bohemi

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 28, 2022
Roskilde, Denmark
Having a product or service that's valuable would make it easier for someone to exchange their money with you. That's when I realize I need to be more value driven rather than "me-focused." It's a hard mindset shift especially when you're coming from the slow-lane
I like that frase: to be more value driven than me-focused, once again spot on where I am in the process ;)

Mr.Maverick

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2021
Although I am still in the slow lane I tried my best to discern the core differences between both paths and it really came down to two components that the fast lane has that the slow lane doesn't. Those things are....

1. An Entrepreneur
2. A Business

In my mind it would only make sense to try to define both things since the only thing that a slowlaner( such as myself, currently) ever knew is a job and hope investment strategy. I really like Alex's definition on how to be a better entrepreneur.

He mentions three things that make an entrepreneur.

1. Skills
2. Character Traits
3. Beliefs.

The best definition of a business that I found was from the book "the personal MBA".

(Time @ 0:40mins )

Again, it's a massive shift from the slowlane. I recognize as an entrepreneur my beliefs were off...

Stepping back I can see that this is going to be a long game. Life really is about all the choices you make or don't make.

I think it's important to have the self-awareness to know which choice is best for you.

Mr.Maverick

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2021
Can't use the C.E.N.T.S. framework without a business.

Can't build a business without a sale.

Can't be dreaming about freedom in your job everyday.

You need to start digging your way out.

To do list for a slow-laner ideaprenuer (3).png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.